Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

What a day! husband & got back about an hour ago, both of us tired. I think difficult child 3 is tired, too.

We spent the day at the miniature train track. husband was driving the club's steam train, difficult child 3 was hauling buckets of coal (and carefully keeping an eye on the dwindling supply of coal already ground down small enough to fit into the tiny firebox of these small-scale steam locomotives). I waited for our friends to arrive for a day of relaxation and fun.

When our friends arrived husband & difficult child 3 were very busy. They saw our friends in passing only, but all the kids had a fabulous time, lining up for train rides over and over. I scored a couple of rides too and got a couple of photos.

It was sunny, but cold. A cool breeze blew up and took away any warmth we might have got from the sun. By late lunchtime everyone was leaving, including our friends. We began to pack up earlier than usual but still felt good about a successful day. Our friends were all glad they'd come.

difficult child 1 spent the weekend at Supernova, a conference for fans of sci-fi and fantasy. I haven't seen him since Thursday night. It's usually a sign that he's having fun!

easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 came home last night with the news that AT LAST they have been accepted as tenants for a flat near their work. It's taken almost a year of continually applying, going to inspections, getting paperwork submitted and so on. Over and over. Trying to rent a place in Sydney is very difficult as well as very expensive.
difficult child 1 is also looking for a place, so he and girlfriend will already have somewhere for after their wedding (November). At this rate we will be empty-nesters, except for difficult child 3.

I'll have to get used to cooking much smaller meals, and also cooking what WE like again!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning Marg & all to follow. :coffee:

Marg- I think you'll enjoy the part about less cooking. You'll get to do all it for several more holidays though. :winks:

We're headed out to church soon, then we'll try to get more work done between the raindrops. Duckie loves that the pool is finally open...:swimming:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Sounds like a wonderful day you had! Glad to hear easy child/difficult child 2 was finally able to find a place and crossing fingers that difficult child 1 will also find something too!

We had a lot of fun last night going out with our friends. We ate Chinese which was delicious and then went to McDonalds for ice cream. Afterwards they came over and we watched the movie "Waitress". It was very good.

Big day today as easy child goes to live on campus for 3 weeks. It is part of the scholarship program she is in. I think it is a great experience for her but she does not want to go and is not at all excited. I'm hoping that she gets a good roomate and has a ton of fun. She does get to come home for the fourth of July weekend.

After we drop her off we promised to take difficult child to the club to play basketball and maybe to swim plus I'm hoping to squeeze a workout in.

Wishing everyone a fun Sunday!:flower:

LDM-If you read this before you head out have a great week at the beach:)

LittleDudesMom

:beach::beach:I don't want to brag but.......

In a couple hours that will be me!!!

Good Morning Friends,

Marg, sounds like a busy day but a very nice one. Glad easy child 2 finally found a place!

TM, hope your Sunday is relaxing. I read that you had a bunch of little girls over Friday night. Today is your day to rest!

Sharon, I bet easy child gets there, settles, and has a great time. It's the thought of being gone from family and being alone that probably has her worried. Hope the three of you have fun at the gym. Thanks for the travel wishes; you are a sweetie.

We are heading out shorty for the beach. We look at this as our reward for the school year! I'm taking the laptop (difficult child can't be totally without technology and games!) so I'll be checking in from time to time. Be good!

Sharon

Andy

Happy Beautiful Sunday!!!

Marg - I am glad your family had another great day!!! Your train club sounds like so much fun.

Tired Mommy - I hope the raindrops behave for you so you can get everything done that you want.

Wiped Out - easy child sure has the "I'm not sure I want to leave home jitters."? I bet once she is there, it will go fine and really help this fall when she goes for real. Have fun with difficult child at the club.

Little Dude's Mom - Brag away -I feel a little less stress just thinking of your vacation.

I have towels in the wash to hang out - will do at least two more loads (need to go get clothes pins somewhere). Also need to clean the kitchen and fridge in preparation of the week. difficult child has football camp this week. Football has been his number one dream but now that baseball is going so well, he may just change that dream (I hope so, he is built more like a baseball player than a football player). The football camp will give him a taste of what is to come and then we will make the final decision of Fall football or not.

I haven't been home much this past week so have lots of home stuff to catch up on. Guess life can't be all play and no work (though someday some kid will figure out how it can be).

Have a great day everyone.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Sunday morning all. It's a pleasantly cooler day that we have had. The rains came yesterday evenings. It was a good soaker but not enough. My plants and flowers look happier today. Now to get rid of the pesky beetles.

Marguerite, I love the idea of the miniature trains. I bet husband gets a real kick out of them.

TM, glad Duckie enjoys the pool. It's a great place to spend a hot summer day.

Wiped out, I think it's great for easy child to be away from home. My easy child was very hesitant the first time but really loved the independence it gave him. Hope it works that way with your easy child.

LDM, enjoy your week of beach, sand and sun. Hope you are rested and tanned when you get back.

All is well in the Ms. Fran household other than difficult child being a "bit" overdrawn on the checking account. I'm just listening and being sympathetic. LOL.
Mom is starting to get bored. I think that means she is recuperating. LOL.

I'm hoping a little quiet time with husband. We want to watch the second half of The Andromeda Strain that we recorded in between some picture hanging.

Have a peaceful Sunday.

Fran

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

I've been out of touch for a couple of days ~ sleeping again. This 3 days of "normalcy" & 4 days of almost nonstop sleep is getting a bit annoying.

Hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing Sunday.