Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

It's Sunday evening here, husband & mother in law have gone to a choir performance of Mozart's "Requiem". I was supposed to go too but I'm running a fever. difficult child 3 also begged off (he's increasingly anxious when away from home). A friend of ours is performing with this choir, I would have liked to have gone. But the weather here is cold, very wintry. And I'm very chesty.

Tomorrow easy child 2/difficult child 2 & difficult child 3 have to see the pediatrician. I hope to take advantage of the opportunity to see my doctor. If we have time and I feel OK, we'll also look at wedding stuff. Wedding plans for easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 are moving on apace. I rang her tonight to remind her about the appointment, we also talked about where their plans are up to for now. It sounds like things are well on the way.

Yesterday we cut out the pieces for easy child's bridesmaid's dress plus difficult child 3 machine-tacked the previously cut out bridesmaid's dress. easy child 2/difficult child 2 was so impresssed with her little broter's work on the sewing machine that she wants him to do easy child's dress too. It would have been good to get it done this morning before easy child & sister in law drove home, but I just wasn't well enough.

Life is gonig to get increasingly busy with this wedding coming up.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Marg - I hope you feel better in the morning.

The boards seem quiet this weekend. Must be the sign of Summer on this side of the globe. I didn't spend much time on it either this weekend.

Last night K was over and K, Diva, difficult child, and I played "Imaginiff".

Today we will go to church early to see if a lady has a costume ready for difficult child to wear to promote Vacation Bible School. If she can figure out how to do it, he will be a robot. This year we will have people enter the main doors of the church so tomorrow night he will be outside directing traffic into that door. This morning will be promoting during church announcements.

We have a congregational meeting also which can get very ugly. With their attitude toward their school, I have decided to leave this congregation if they choose to not give the school financial support. As it is, they want to drop it from $30,000 down to $10,000 - what a joke! Last year they dropped it from $70,000 down to $30,000. I have had it with their attitude toward this treasure and if they choose not to keep the school, I can not support their other ministries.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Marg- Take care of that cold! I hope difficult child 3 starts doing better about leaving the house and this is a temporary problem (too many weddings, etc in a short period of time).

Andy- We had a big meeting two weeks ago. The gist is that we need to find and develop more contributing members, or fund raise more (we do a lot already), or dig deeper into our collective pockets. This is the direct result to us losing several families that moved out of area over the last several years. Oh! Congregational politics are so much fun. :hammer: Anyway, good luck today.

We have church this morning, it is Pentecost, a potluck and Sunday School recognition day. I've been fighting yet another cold/sinus thingy and I'm miserable this morning. :sick:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. It's a beautiful and hot Sunday morning. We had a bit of cloud cover this morning so I ran out to walk the dogs in the woods while it was still tolerable. Does anyone know the purpose of mosquito's or gnats? It seems their sole purpose is to annoy me. LOL.

Marge, you take now. Fevers are tough on one's body. I'm amazed you are preparing for another wedding. I'm impressed that difficult child is sewing and sewing well. Good for him and for his sister.

Andy, good luck with the congregational meeting. Doesn't sound very promising.

TM, terrible to think you are getting sick again. Take care of your self.

Now that the pups are walked, I'm finishing up the kitchen cupboards and taking a long hot soak in the tub. Everyone will be heading back later this afternoon and my quiet will be gone. I do miss them when they are gone but it was lovely to have the house to myself.
Have a peaceful day everyone.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Marg, please take care of yourself ~ you're body is perhaps telling you to slow down.

Andy, hate any type of church mtg. Church politics can be as bad as office politics - sometimes worse. AND everyone is hurting financially, the church, the people who give to the church & the parents who need the school subsidy.

TM, maybe it's time to take a true "day of rest". Like Marg, your body is perhaps telling you to slow down.

Fran, I love quiet alone time. I'm glad you've enjoyed your weekend alone.

Like Fran, I've had a weekend to myself. kt is at respite, my niece is heading back from WI ~ moving into her new apt. with her sister today.

The first nesting of the season must be soon to end as the birds are back at my feeders; some of the cardinals with their babies. It's fun to watch. There are at least a dozen goldfinches out there even as we speak.

Have a wonderful day - keep it calm all.

therese005us

GOOD MORNING!
It's the first day of June and the first day officially of winter in OZ

We spent Saturday evening and all day Sunday in Gympie. I didn't know how I was going to get home, I was so tired. But God's grace, and we made it.

Fell into bed after unpacking the car.

Feeling a little better.
daughter now has a cold and sore throat and DS is milking his cold for all it's worth. Suggestions to slow down or quit the smoking to give his chest a break fall on deaf ears.

It's a beautiful sunny morning.
I have to catch up on some washign and cleaning up.

Have a lovely day everyone.