Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

It's late Sunday night here. I'm trying to type this while difficult child 3 is stressing about something technical on one of the other computers, and husband is trying to ensure that all computers are either shut-down or otherwise rendered 'screen off' mode overnight. I'm trying to ensure that their conversation remains non-confrontational but both of them can misread the other and begin to get tetchy, that's when things can get out of control. It's crazy, sometimes - they could be agreeing with one another and still an argument can start, simply because of tone of voice or how something is expressed. difficult child 3 is especially touchy these days and needs even gentler handling although with tat gentle handling we are still getting cooperation from him.

husband is back to work tomorrow after the Christmas break. Not all businesses shut down for Christmas and New Year, but those that do are back to work tomorrow.

My GP has worked through the break (apart from public holidays) so when I rang the other day I was able to make an appointment for myself tomorrow.

mother in law's GP, however, has her first day back tomorrow and mother in law desperately needs to see her, following her hospital visit last week. I've offered to drive her down to the doctor if she can get in, it could also get me in with her so I can be an extra pair of ears if needed.

Today was a grey, cool day today. I had a light sweater on most of the day. I did more gardening, got my vegetable garden bed weeded thoroughly so tomorrow I can begin planting some seed. I'll finalise planning tonight on what crops to put in.

I also did a few more citrus grafts today. I'm not sure how they will go or if I'm doing it right, but I do want to get the technique right so I can work towards developing some multi-graft trees. I can get cuttings of many different citrus trees from a neighbour especially if I show him what I'm doing and teach him the technique too.
I did the citrus grafts at a friend's place, she wants to go shopping with me in the city for kitchenware later this week. Coincidentally, husband saw a print ad for the same store with a big sale on pots & pans suitable for use with an induction cooktop, he asked me to go shopping there! So it looks like my tasks for this next week are already laid out!

We had dinner with mother in law again tonight. Our excuse is, not having a functional cooktop, but actually we haven't used the cooktop for the last few nights. But it's also a way of making sure she's eating properly so soon after coming out of hospital. I suspect she's not been eating well for some time and would benefit from a course of multivitamins. We fed her lunch today as well - I baked a foccaccia yesterday which we turned into toasted sandwiches plus plus today. Lots of ham, tomato and cheese plus extra egg in the bread too.

I have to do some general grocery shopping "on the mainland" tomorrow, after my doctor's appointment. If things work out I'll bring mother in law with me.

This is still school holidays, but things are still very busy. Oh well...

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-It's good that with the gentle handling you can still cooperation on difficult child 3's part! I love hearing about the fact that you will be planting your garden. It still seems so far away here and I'm glad someone will be enjoying fresh veggies! Plant some extra tomatoes for me;) It's nice you are getting over to mother in law's to help with making sure she is eating.

Another cold day here although we are expected to possibly hit 13 degree-which is warmer than yesterday! Wish I was still sleeping; I went to church yesterday so I could sleep in during my last day of break. However, I am so blocked up I can't sleep!

Not a lot on the agenda. We hope to get to the health club, maybe do some Wii Fit Plus, and fit in one last nap before heading back to work tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Sunday Morning!

The morning threads have gotten kinda slow over the holidays!

Marg, hope the "boys" settled everything peacefully! Enjoy your evening.

Sharon, it's cold here too - not your kind of cold, but 17 this morning. I've not had a nap all vacation! I was kinda thinking about doing it today, but a lot of loose ends to tie up before the madness begins again tomorrow....

Trying to get difficult child to finish his holiday reading book today! Lots of little things to do. I've only three more days before my cousin and I go on our joint birthday road trip to Charleston and I'll have to be at the office every day till I leave since bonehead is out of the country until the end of the month. Trying to tick things steadily off my list!

Have a peaceful day!

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning!:frozen:

Marg- It's good of you eat with mother in law, it can make a big difference in her well being. You may want to work something out permanently....

Sharon- Enjoy your last vacation day... the nap sounds lovely.

We'll be heading out to church soon. husband just cleared the driveway and says we've gotten about a foot of snow all totaled. :frostbite:

Just cross your fingers that school isn't canceled tomorrow... I don't think I can take another day of family togetherness, lol! :blizzard:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in!:coldday:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Marg, hope mother in law is feeling better soon - I know my sibs spend a lot of time making sure my dad is eating well. I love the idea of getting a garden going right now too.

Sharon (with-o), the nap would be, as you know, at the top of my list today ~ especially with the cold.

Sharon (ldm), fingers crossed difficult child gets his reading done with-o too much needed "encouragement". :D

TM, cabin fever, huh? Sometimes winter break can be a killer.

Bitterly cold here this morning with 13 below zero. Ick..... Haven't been out in the real world since the shingles diagnosis & am feeling cabin fever myself. As I haven't finished my medications (this coming Wed. a.m.) I have to stick around the house.

This morning I'm heading out to the garage to start my car(s) & let them run (if they start). My brother is coming to pick up my old van.

"hi" if you snuck in while I typed with my gloves on:D

Have a safe & warm day, friends. Keep it calm out there.:winks::try2fly:

crazymama30

Marg--sounds like you have a busy week planned. Hope your mother in law is recovering well and I am glad you are making sure she eats.

WO--enjoy your time at the gym, I plan on getting there soon. I love to go before anyone wakes up here. It just seems easier.

LDM--Here's hoping difficult child finishes his holiday reading book. Hope next weeks goes smoothly, it will be hard to transition back to a regular schedule.

TM-- A foot of snow??? Wow. Ours all melted and it has been raining.

I am off today--will go to the gym and fold my mountain of laundry. Have not done anything but play with my music on my mp3 and color mandalas all morning (ok, for the last 2 hrs.) Time to get with it. Next week will be busy, My grandfather has a lengthy (3hrs) heart test on Tuesday and husband has a psychiatrist appointment (thank god!). My other day off, Thursday I have a psychiatrist appointment. I will miss having a day off with no appts like today.

Hope next week goes well for all