Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

I'm getting in early in order to not get snagged by the site maintenance.

It's been a glorious summer day here. Not a cloud in the sky, a mild sea breeze, the water temperature very pleasant (almost tropical).

I went to church (husband & difficult child 3 stayed home to potter around). I wore my swimsuit to church, and a skirt (for decency's sake). After church I stripped to swimsuit and went for a short swim. So did another bloke. We had a congregation meeting afterwards, so I had to sit on my towel so as not to drip on the carpet. Everyone else had lunch at church but I chose to wait until I got home - I've got better choice with my diet at home. I did contemplate going for another swim after the meeting, I probably should have. But there were things to do at home too.

At church they're organising a roster to help us with transport to hospital for radiotherapy. My cancer survivor friend told everyone that the big drawcard with driving me there and back, is they get to take advantage of my disabled parking permit! But it's early days yet, I don't expect the radiotherapy to start for a couple of months.

Despite my cutting my chance of a second swim, I do think I got enough sun today. No sunburn which is good; from here on, I want to build more tan but take no risk at all of sunburn on my front, at least.

This evening I cooked a roast chicken dinner down at mother in law's. I just arrived home afterwards, husband & difficult child 3 will be home shortly. Then I need to cut husband's hair and head for bed.

Tomorrow morning I take mother in law to the doctor, and both of us to the physiotherapist next door to the doctor. Hopefully difficult child 3 will get busy with schoolwork in my absence. Depending on how he goes, I might take myself to the beach for a little while, on my own. The weather is forecast to change by Tuesday afternoon and after my surgery on Friday I won't be allowed to go swimming until the wound heals. So I want to get in as much as I can before then, plus the rest of the week is getting busy.

Tomorrow night I'll cook a risotto at mother in law's for our dinner. It uses leftovers from tonight's dinner, plus mother in law really liked the last one I made.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Sunday Morning Marg and all to follow!

Marg, glad to hear you got your time in under the sun! Your family sounds like mine, chicken is our mainstay! Although last night it was meatloaf - my difficult child is crazy about it!

Never made it to costco yesterday, but I'm determined to be there this morning when they open at 10! I have some home business to take care of on the computer, difficult child gets his hair buzzed this afternoon, and I need to get back in my ebay room since I have a pile of things to list and a bunch of boxes to break down and oganize.

Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday!

Sharon

crazymama30

Marg, I am glad you got some sun. I am going to try to get some today, albeit while dressed in clothes for temps in the 40's (farenheit).

I got a reprieve from work today, the census at the hosptial dropped so I get to stay home. Works for me, I will just pick more hours in a different dept next week so my paycheck is not lacking. I am going to drive to the top of a ridge, park at the waysite on top and walk down into the canyon. I have wanted to do this for awhile, and cannot wait. I was going to go with a friend, but think I want to go alone. I just have to much to think over.

Have a good and relaxing Sunday everyone!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone.
Marge, it sounds like weather is mellowing out for both you and for us. It's going to be a beautiful, sunny 63 degrees today. Hope your m i l is doing better.

LDM, sounds like a whirlwind of activity as usual. I haven't been to Costco for a while.

crazymama, sounds like a great day for you. I love walking in nature. It's like church for me.

Things have been good and moving along well enough. No jobs for difficult child but he seems to have a bit more of a social life.

As always it's a busy day here. Hope you have a productive day.

KTMom91

As Miss KT used to say, we have a "big busy day" planned. Church, then visiting Maddie! I'm thrilled to death and scared to death all at the same time. I haven't held a baby in 18 years. I don't even know if I remember how!

Tomorrow is Hubby's birthday, and I have lots of cupcakes to bake for his men's group tomorrow morning. I was told the men land on the donuts like starving wolves, so cupcakes seemed easier than a cake. Plus, there are close to 60 men in the group.

Have a wonderful day, ladies!