Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

I'm grabbing a few minutes before I go to bed, waiting for difficult child 3 & husband to give me their washing (I put the loads on last thing at night so we can hang them out first thing in the morning). My new cleaner arrives early tomorrow morning, so I will have to hit the ground running. She's been once before (the day before my surgery) and years ago she was my rostered-on cleaner. She's not brilliant, but at least she's stable, and won't be calling me a heretic!

We went to church this morning. I took my swimsuit but although the water was warm, the wind was blowing hard. I waded at the edge for a while (got my skirt wet!) but was feeling too tired to go back and change.

No reason for me to feel so tired, I have noticed that I'm tiring very easily. However, when I got back home (got a lift) I found my temperature was up. I'm concerned that last week's infection has returned. I'll be calling the Breast Care nurse in the morning, also trying to make an appointment with either my regular GP or the village doctor. I'm going down to the doctor with mother in law after the cleaner's finished, then we both have physiotherapy. After that, we have to head off to collect sis-in-law from the airport. I may yet call off the airport run depending on how I feel in the morning.

But one more problem got laid on me tonight - easy child 2/difficult child 2 rang, she thinks she's got a bad ankle sprain. From the sound of it, I wouldn't rule out more serious damage. Thank goodness she upgraded her private health insurance last week! But she has no way to get herself to her doctor, short of calling a taxi (which she can't afford). She wants me to give her a lift, if I'm going to be "on the mainland" which I will be if I go out to collect sis-in-law. It's right on the way.

I told easy child 2/difficult child 2 to call her brother - difficult child 1 & daughter in law have a car each now, daughter in law also has my spare (old) crutches. With crutches, easy child 2/difficult child 2 thinks she could get herself home from the doctor's. It really is a short walk, I could do it. daughter in law should be just about finished with my old crutches, if she's not working tomorrow she could drive easy child 2/difficult child 2 to the doctor plus hand over the crutches.

If nobody is available to help, I'll have to collect easy child 2/difficult child 2 from her apartment (somehow), drop her off at the doctor's and leave her with my newer crutches. I have five in total - two are really old and have been repaired a few times, they're the ones I have lent to daughter in law. The other ones are a newer pair I bought from a friend (after she had done with them following a knee replacement) and one extra, given to me by a friend who had to buy a pair when she only needed one. I usually only use one crutch. But I have a crutch stashed here, another stashed there - one in the car, one with my mobility scooter, one in the house - I'll have to give that up for a while.

So, folks - I am trying to rest. Really. Most of what I have to do tomorrow involves driving. I think I can manage that. I won't be able to manhandle easy child 2/difficult child 2 up and down stairs, she will have to manage that herself somehow. I really hope her brother is available to help her. SIL2 won't be able to, he will be at work.
Just when life is already complicated, more crud happens.

Oh, well...

I'll take my knitting. While waiting for sis-in-law's plane to arrive, I've got a few secret parking places near the airport where I can tilt my seat back and catnap... it's actually lovely, open parkland with lots of landscaping, also overlooking Botany Bay. I suspect by then I'll be glad of a few minutes' tranquility!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-I think it would be normal to be tired after the surgery. I hope the infection isn't returning but I'm glad you are staying on top of it. Sorry to hear of easy child/difficult child 2's ankle sprain. I hope someone is available to take her to the doctor.

I'm just home from church and looking to take a nap (already)! Later I'll make it to the health club and do a few errands. I think it is Oscar night tonight!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Marg, you need to INSIST that another family member step up and help easy child/difficult child 2 in this situation. You've got enough you are dealing with right now and there are plenty of other able-bodied people who can help. Just my 2cents.

What are you knitting these days? My mother has been knitting felted wool hats this winter. She made one for herself and one for me -- I was amazed at how well they turned out! I've tried my hand at knitting, but crocheting seems to work better for me... in my next life I'd love to make more time for crafts like that. :)

Sharon, it IS Oscar night tonight and I am very much looking forward to watching the show. I love to see the dresses more than anything! It's also a chance to get a peek at all the films I've missed.

I'm taking easy child to the craft store today for fabric paint. Yesterday she decided to sew a stuffed cat for her good friend's upcoming birthday. I showed her how to make a pattern for it... she was too intimated to use my machine to put it together, so she sewed it all by hand. She's got everything finished and attached except the ears -- looks pretty amazing considering a 10yo did it! :)

I'm STILL getting over this upper resp. infection. Cannot believe how long it's taking -- I'm on my last day of the z-pack, and things are much improved, but I'm still tiring easily and prone to coughing fits. And my house definitely shows my lack of attention... oh well.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday.