Good morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

It's Sunday evening here. Daylight saving started today; I actually quite like it, although mother in law hates it so much I think she is convinced I hate it too.

We've had a weekend away. Yesterday was my brother's 50th wedding anniversary which we held on the other side of Sydney at the home of one of my sisters. She is the sister who was so desperately ill earlier this year; she said that preparing for tis party gave her something to work towards, to focus on. She is still struggling to recover, she loved it this weekend but I could see her tiring fast.
Yesterday's party was siblings and spouses only, although some of the next generation who live nearby dropped, plus we brought difficult child 3 with us. My brother's two kids were there and their children, of course.

We left after an early dinner, we had booked into a B&B and still needed to check in. It was a lovely, quiet place where we stayed. We left there this morning for the next event - a major family reunion. This was for all descendants of my father's father, a very large crowd. Some of these people I haven't seen for 50 years. Most of them (apart from my siblings and their families) I haven't seen for 20 years. We were comparing family tree notes, photos and stories. A lovely day. I was disappointed our Sydney kids didn't come, but hopefully we will have another reunion without waiting another decade or more.

Tomorrow is a public holiday, so we have another day to acclimatise to the earlier starts. I will probably use the time to chicken-proof the vegetable beds. It looks like the two hens have eaten all my lettuce seedlings... I also need to get more hens, and now is the time when chicken farms are renewing their stock so I can pick up some feathered bargains. I have a few people to visit (work) and some other chores to deal with.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:fall: Good Sunday Morning!

Marg, sounds like a lovely weekend! Glad your sister is doing better - I understand how planning this gathering was good for her. The B&B sounds lovely. Enjoy the day off!

A beautiful cool morning here in central Virginia this morning. Yesterday was a beautiful day! difficult child had a blast going to the 2 Street Festival! He especially liked hanging with dad and showing folks the plans for the theatre complex (not movie theater, music). He was able to go into the building with bonehead, wear a hard hat, and feel important! easy child and a bunch of her friends spent the whole day down there - difficult child lasted a couple hours (but that's good for him!). It continues today and difficult child said he might want to go back down for a couple hours....we'll see...

I'm kinda leaving myself open until he gets up. I've plenty of little things around here to do. I'm going to find something to thaw that difficult child and I can put on the grill later today - Too beautiful a day to cook inside!!!!!

Enjoy your day all :autumn:

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Marg- I'm glad your sister was able to pull off this party; I'm sure it was very good for her emotionally. I hope she continues to improve.

Sharon- Good for difficult child! Good for easy child! I'm glad that they are already so involved in the community! Enjoy your day.

We'll be heading out to church today. It'll be a hard day because it's our annual blessing of the animals service and we will bring Pookie's ashes with us. I normally enjoy this service but not today. :crying:

Have a great day!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends!

Marg-Sounds like a nice weekend away!! I've been keeping your sister in my prayers.

Sharon-Glad you are getting that beautiful fall weather! Enjoy!

TM-Will be thinking of you this morning. Hugs.

Went to church and am now headed to run "the hill". When we did our testing in boot camp a couple of weeks ago it was too dark to run it so husband and I want to time ourselves today. Of course, it is 35 degrees this morning-brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Later I'll watch the Packer game and then husband and I are going to dinner with his sister and our niece.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!