Good Morning SUNDAY!!!

Andy

Not seeing the morning thread yet so thought I would start it.

Yesterday was a beautiful day!!! Perfect for our town's summer festival and parade. Not too hot, not too cold - just right for watching and being in the parade.

Now onto Vacation Bible Study this week where I am in charge of light meals before the program and the snack station during the program.
difficult child is doing great! He made the 8th grade Honor Roll this Spring, is diligently keeping the lawn mowed without being asked, working on improving the area around our fire pit, has planted my flower garden, and is looking forward to helping Diva's goddaughter during VBS.

Diva is doing great! She has moved from one apartment to another, is still planning on getting married August of 2012, is looking for a job in the town she goes to school in (no more worry about her driving on bad roads in bad weather to get to her minimum paying job once or twice a month this coming winter), and has taken diva puppy to live with her.

husband and I just received our layoff notices in the event of our State's governement shutdown. I am stressing that the shutdown could interferre in a vacation plan I made the 2nd week in July. If we are to return to work while I am on vacation, am I suppose to report back or will my supervisor allow me to have someone else do that 1st day's task? It is difficult child's bowling camp which is a day camp. We are staying with relatives who are unable to take time from work to get him to the 2 hour camp everyday so I do need to do it. Congress may still agree on a budget but it is not looking good. :(

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Andy and all to follow!

It's a lovely morning here in the southeast. It will still be in the 90's today, but you can feel the lower humidity in the air!

Andy, great news on difficult child's end of the school year - sounds like he is doing very well indeed. Glad to hear Diva is doing so well too. Wow, vacation bible school already - seems so early, especially since our public schools still have another 7 days to go! Crossed fingers for the job issues.

I'm on my way out the door to do the weekly grocery shopping! I've got the laundry to do and a hair cut for difficult child! Then I will do some precooking for the week's dinners. Since going back to work on a more full time basis, I find the more meal planning and precooking I can do on Sunday, the better difficult child and I eat - code for less fast food!!

Enjoy your Sunday :flirtysmile3:

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Andy- I'm sure your supervisor will need to research that, legislatures don't often think about the finer points in such situations. Congrats to both kids on doing so well!

We'll be heading out soon for back to back birthday parties, hopefully Duckie has a good day. :thumbsup:

:salute:

Marguerite

G'day, folks. Just a very quick drop-in before the clock ticks over to Monday (and my birthday!).

We've had a quiet day at home today, difficult child 3 working a bit better on his assessment task. I'll have to post separately about how he's going as we wean off the citalopram.

Weather here - cold, windy, wet at times, generally unpleasant. When I go outside it's in ugg boots, a down jacket, scarf and beanie with ear flaps. And thermals. I wear a lot of that inside too, we don't have heating here. mother in law has heating, we choose to survive by putting on another layer of clothes. Sometimes in midwinter I feel like a skeksi (remember those critturs in "Dark Crystal"? They just wore layers of clothes that would slowly decompose on their bodies... and add more as they needed).

Tomorrow husband & I might be going out shopping for garden lighting. It depends on whether difficult child 3 can get started with his next part of his task. I need to be home to nag sometimes, if we go out and he doesn't get organised, I will feel really guilty. BUT - it has to be HIS work, I'm not allowed to help. Just nag!

Enjoy your Sunday. I've got two minutes left...

Marg