Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

I'm trying to get in here while it still IS Sunday here.

We had weird weather again - raining lightly this morning. Not so much rain, as humidity condensing out. husband has some spray painting to do but can't do it while it is so humid, or the moisture will contaminate the work.

So we went to the train club and hit the ground running. It was his birthday, he was happy to work at his club on his birthday. In the afternoon some friends from our village showed up and we gave them the big tour of the place. I love sharing things we love with friends! The weather fined up, it was hot and sunny all day. However, this evening has been milder, quite pleasant. Still damp though.

Tomorrow we'll probably have a quiet day at home, but on Tuesday we hope to take mother in law to the movies. We'll have to organise difficult child 3's birthday too, although it will probably be low-key.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning Sunday everyone (and good day all day long)!

Marg, your island weather may be weird at times, but it still sounds heavenly to me! Glad your H enjoyed his birthday also, sounds like a nice time was had by all.

Well, I'm going to attempt my first venture out of the house today, to go visit my mom for a tiny bit later this morning. H will drive so that's allowed at this point. I miss her so much and I know she's wondering where the heck I've been, even though we told her about the knee surgery she forgets that part-she only knows that I haven't been there, lol.

Later this afternoon, difficult child is surprising me by picking up my BFF from the ferry. I'm not supposed to know but difficult child is horrible with secrets and spilled the beans, lol. My friend will be staying through Thursday and I'm very happy to ave her visit. H thinks it will be too much for me, but I don't think so.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Happy Birthday to husband!!!!:) Sounds like a wonderful day (minus the humidity part-although I would take that over our weather right now).

Jo-I hope all goes well with your first venture out! How nice that difficult child planned such a fantastic surprise (even if he did spill the beans).

I made a new sweet and sour pork recipe for dinner last night from a WW cookbook-it was a hit with all (except difficult child who never likes anything, he didn't even try it).

Tonight I'm making a new meatloaf recipe also from WW. Other than that it will hopefully be a relaxing day after I hit the health club. I wanted to go right away this morning but right now my hands are so swollen and stiff (from arthritis, I think)I may have to wait awhile.

Wishing all a wonderful day:)

LittleDudesMom

Good Sunday Morning (almost afternoon):

Happy Birthday to Marg's Man!

Jo, what a wonderful surprise having your bff visiting for the week! Hopefully you will mostly be talking and laughing - not too taxing I hope! Hope the visit with mom went well.

Sharon, I've been in a cooking mode since Friday. difficult child had a buddy over to spend the night Friday so I made them sloppy Joes then decided to make homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch (difficult child loves it with ground turkey and, little does he know, I finely chop in the food processor sautéed onions, peppers, carrots, mushrooms and zucchini - all the stuff he wouldn't ordinarily eat). I always make enough for about 4 meals and freeze it. Yesterday I made some homemade french onion soup (made some last week and loved it so much I made another batch) and a batch of buffalo wing soup (cooked cubed chicken, onions, celery, buffalo wing sauce, chicken stock, garlic, celery seed and fat free milk). I've got soup for lunch for the week (with a couple containers for easy child to take home). Tonight easy child is coming over and we'll have spaghetti.

Did a lot around the house Friday and Sat so today is a lay low day -- good thing too -- had three folks over for dinner last night and I made cosmos.......a little sluggish today......

Enjoy your Sunday!

Sharon