Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Oh, what a day!

After I had a meeting yesterday (Saturday) and the weather has been wet and windy, I was looking forward to the chance of a swim after church today. But last night we got a phone call from husband's cousin - "We're coming over for lunch tomorrow."
I had to cook last night so we would be ready for lunch today (I made a fish pie and left it in the fridge overnight) because I was rostered on at church today.

Got away from church at 12.45, got back to mother in law's after the cousins had arrived, threw the pie in the oven, took the casserole out of the fridge and put it on the stove, cooked some vegetables and served lunch by 1.30.

Meanwhile we can't convince mother in law that air conditioning doesn't work if you don't turn it on; or if you only turn it on AFTER the house heats up; and that you have to close the house up to keep the heat out or all you're doing is air-conditioning the yard.

So we sweltered through lunch.

difficult child 3 did well, finally turning up just before we sat down to eat (he's a terror for not arriving for meals until well after we've begun to eat). Then he stayed and spent time with the cousins for another couple of hours before the lure of computer games dragged him home.

mother in law, husband & I waved goodbye to the cousins then went inside to tidy up. husband & I headed home, spent a couple of hours here and then went back to mother in law's to organise the evening meal (yep, leftover fish and prawn pie).

Meanwhile outside the sun beckoned and I had to ignore it. I haven't been to the beach in over a week because it's been too wet and I've been too busy.

School goes back tomorrow - a new school year. difficult child 3 is enrolled in a college course, not sure if he will manage to finish school. But once the college course is completed, he won't need a high school graduation.

It's going to be an interesting year...

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Sunday Morning!

Marg, sounds like a busy, but nice Sunday. The days of church, visitors, and early Sunday supper are my favorites! Hope you are able to get some sun and water in the coming days. Good luck as difficult child 3 begins the new school year.

Not too much on the schedule today. easy child is coming over about 1 and she and I are going aisle walking at Target. Then we'll return home where she and I will sit down for some serious work. She is wanting me to help her prepare a budget so that should be good for about and hour or so. The the three of us will have Sunday dinner together. A nice day to not clutter the schedule before another crazy work week begins.....

Have a great Sunday all.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-What a fun but hectic day! I know I would have missed not being at the beach too. Hopefully you will get there sonn!!

Sharon-Sounds like a nice family day-enjoy:)

Plans for today include a workout, a nap, and visit to a health and wellness expo. I'm hoping that although we are both doing all of these things today I can convince husband to do the grocery shopping:)

Wishing all a peaceful day:)

southermama3

Sounds like u had a good day at least =^}

Melatonin equals rays of HaPPinesS! So go get ya a handful of it!!! =^}

Lots of love doll!