Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

It's been a long lazy day today. I didn't go to play trains with husband - I felt I had done a bit too much and should rest, which I did. I finished a book I'd been reading. Later in the day I went to visit my friend from Friday night (when we went to see a play together). She's been unwell for a few days. We sat and talked about life, the play, our kids - might post separately about her concerns for her own kid - and she gave me back the script for the play we saw (the script was part of the program) so I now have something else to read!

I checked out my garden - the deer got in on Friday night because I didn't shut the gates, and more got "pruned" than I realised. The rotten beggars - nobody in town ever needs to mow their nature strip, these critturs crop everything real close. And if they get into your garden - you end up with no garden. I was lucky - most of the garden is still there. But my hedge is in sad shape, in places.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Morning-

Slept most of yesterday so now will have to stay up til tonight to try and reset my internal clock. Evidentally when husband called to check on difficult child 2 he is honeymooning nicely. We told them he would.

easy child is being challenging after hearing of this latest situation.

Now husband says he isn't feeling well. (He gets walking pnemonia most winters but skipped last) Going to have to keep an eye on him so he doesn't wait to long to go to the DR.

I will head to work in a bit. Trying to decide what to tackle in the house after that. Feeling restless so I know reading and quiet activities are not in my plan.

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday.

Beth

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all.
Marguerite, sounds like a nice day for you. I'm having a bit of a deer problem as well. Fortunately we haven't invested in the landscape yet and the rest of the property is natural. It's a bit of a struggle keeping the pups from tearing through the woods when the deer are so bold.

Mrscatinthehat, hope you find something productive to do.

Today is the final day of the moving sale then I head back to Raleigh. Can you believe someone stole a 6in figurine out of the house? I never could understand why someone would think it was ok to take something that didn't belong to them. Hopefully their karma will be so bad they will return it. I do think that sort of negative energy does come back and bites you. I'm just really hurt.

I'll be glad to move through the day. 3 more weeks, 3 more weeks is all that keeps going through my head. Life will not be so complicated. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day all.

blb

Welp, I'm sick , easy child 2 is sick, and between cleaning the house and blowing my brains out through my nose, yep, that's enough for me today. husband thought he'd help by emptying the dishwasher at 6:45 a.m. :faint: (think loud bull in china shop)

Marg, we have a huge deer problem here too; want a veg garden next year but am afraid they will enjoy it most. Do you put netting on top of it too?

MCITH, I'm drooling just thinking about sleeping through one day, any day :wink:

Fran, sorry about getting ripped off. I once lost over $300 and jewelry at a moving sale, because like an idiot I kept my money in a different room and trusted the folks-- :hammer: What can I say I was young and impressionable. Hope at least the sale was profitable for you. I'll hope when whomever took the figurine goes to set the it on a shelf it magically jumps off to commit harikari below!

Have a good day everyone.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, We don't have the deer - it's the rabbits that will take out all the plants. ALL the plants. I'm glad you were able to get together with your friend again yesterday.

Mrs Cat, good luck resetting that internal clock of yours. Many times (though not of late) working my behind off will help.
Enjoy the day.

Fran, I hate dishonest people. You're getting so close to being done with this move. I'll be counting the days with you if that helps.

blb, sorry you're not feeling well - good thoughts your entire family is on the mend quickly. Have a jammie day & watch fun movies today.

"Hi" if you snuck in!

husband & I had a wonderfully quiet day yesterday. He's coming down with the crud today as well. He's been pushing himself so much - he's got a curriculum to put together for class tomorrow night, however he can work from home tomorrow for his day job.

My "assignment" to myself is laundry & the shopping list. I use a grocery delivery service until I feel better. It's a wonderful but a bit more expensive service. My groceries will hit my porch tomorrow morning by 8:30.

Other than that, I'm going to try playing piano today & finish reading a novel I've been reading for a couple of works.

kt comes home at 3 today - then we're off to the races once more.

Enjoy your day - I hope it's calm. I hope you find some reason to smile today.

Good morning, everyone! Things are OK in the Running household at the moment. difficult child is being less loud and uncooperative than he was a couple of weeks ago (I think he's getting used to school and therefore less stressed), so that's good. It's nice when there is nothing much to report. Hope everyone has a good day!