Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

Wow, what a day!

It was quite a party of us going down to the train tracks today. husband is a member of the club (Integrated Listening Systems (Integrated Listening Systems (ILS)).org) and has to be there early. mother in law & I just go to picnic and sit in the shade. difficult child 3 helps out sometimes or sits in the clubhouse and plays computer games. But today difficult child 3's best friend and his mother came too. The mother had a ball - she was riding every train she could (I got her a few free tickets) and the boys rode the trains a fair bit as well. husband actually got a lot of driving in - he still needs a few more hours' supervised driving before he can get his independent train driver's licence. He joined us briefly for lunch, his face and shirt smeared with soot and ash all over his hat.

While everyone was packing up, difficult child 3 and his friend were helping put the carriages away, the friend getting a crash course in working the points.

I love the place anyway, but when you share something like this with someone who enjoys it, it makes it all the more special.

Although it wasn't blazing hot there was still enough sun to give me a bit more summer colour. No burn, just a bit darker. My red-haired daughter commented and I said, "Don't worry, any red will be brown in the morning."
She said something unprintable and walked off. Her skin simply doesn't tan.

Tomorrow difficult child 3 visits the optometrist again for visual field tests. And I get to find out how much new new glasses will cost - three digits or four. Because I'm so short-sighted, my lenses cost a huge amount, they're non-standard.
You know the old joke - "read the eye chart on that wall."
Me - "WHAT wall?"

Enjoy your Sunday. Ours was heaps of fun. Lots of flies, though.

Marg

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Sounds like a blast Marg. Would love to go to something like that. We used to go to an threshers reunion. So much fun to do some things like that.

We will just be working on the bathroom more. Hopefully we will be laying tile by Monday. Never can tell how motivated husband will get.

Not too much else to happen here.

Hope everyone to follow has a good day.

Beth

LittleDudesMom

:jack: :autumn: Good Sunday Morning Everyone!!!!!!

It really, really, feels like fall today! Our thermometer has finally gone below 50 and is sitting at 48 this morning. I actually put my bathrobe on this morning :ghost:

Marg, the day at the trains sounds like a lot of fun. Hope the news at the eye doctor does not include too many numbers!! Have a good Monday :thumb:

Beth, hope husband gets a little energy boost today. You know, I love doing those removation projects. Are you doing decorative tile?

Kinda busy day, not too bad though. Sunday school this morning - I'm getting ready to go up and wake up easy child and her friend (the rule in my house is that if easy child has a friend spend the night on saturday, they go to church with us!). After Sunday school we are all going to get pumpkins :jack: - we are like two weeks late this year!!

After that, easy child has a project to work on with a friend and difficult child and I going to do a little studing for his 9-week assesments at school this week. At 5, he has his first mentor program meeting at church. I'm a little nervous :crazy: since I will send him off with his mentor and he will be at church for an hour and half without me. He's never done anything at church alone because he has never wanted to participate. But, he wanted to do this mentoring program and he chose his mentor, and fortunately his mentor chose him too! We'll see........

Wishing everyone a fabulous Sunday - find some time to relax and enjoy your family :angel:

Sharon

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all,

We're have a nice Fall morning here, :autumn: temps are at 47F degrees, which means it will warm to about 55-60 (perfect for cleaning out gardens). :autumn:

I think we may carve our pumpkins later today!! :jack:

easy child is snug in her very own bed finally - I'm so glad she's home. :dance:

difficult child called late last night to tell me she's sleeping at her friends house, which likely means she was drinking. :bloodshot: I think she will help me rake the lawn today, what do you think? :devil:

H will be working on the house, getting that siding up. :hammer:

Have a nice one everyone!

Fran

Former desparate mom
:jack: Good morning all. Happy Sunday.
husband and I have been working all week end on getting more boxes unpacked. Not fun but necessary.

husband is listening to the book on tape of Alan Greenspan's memoirs. He loved baseball statistics and train schedules. :rofl: Who says an Aspie can't do well or function in life. LOL.

Sharon have a good day at church.
Marge, I love the train. We don't use it nearly enough here in the states. easy child loves it too. Flying has become such a hassle.

We were invited to a little get together by the local dog rescue group to meet the group. I have a feeling they will try to lure us in to be foster dog parents. :future: It's not going to happen but it will be nice to get some input on how to handle our very independent breed of pups.

No phone calls for easy child or difficult child. Must mean things are going smoothly. :dance:

Have a good Sunday. Find something to be grateful for today.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, sounds like fun was had by all. Good luck to difficult child 3 during his visual exam today.

Beth, you have far more energy than I do - when you get done I could use some help up here. Let's see my sisters & sister in law's are coming for a visit in a couple of weeks; just a bit of cleaning????

Sharon, keeping fingers crossed for difficult child & his mentoring program today. He's a good kid - he can do this.

Jo, sounds like a perfectly beautiful morning. Have fun with the pumpkins.

husband & kt are sound asleep & I'm enjoying the quiet & Sunday morning on television. Now that I've read the good morning thread I'm reminded that I ought to get a few pumpkins this morning. I know that husband is planning on visiting wm today & carving a pumpkin with him.

I'm so leaning toward the Michaels, never have to carve - plug in standards. It seems so less exhausting this year. I can even say it sounds like fun (at least for me).

Today is kt's laundry day, my catch up day in the kitchen - make up menu, shopping list & pre pack lunches for kt. You know the stuff like cookies in bags, apples, yogurt in containers, etc. That way we just grab off shelves & pack.

Have a good day - I hope it's peaceful & there is some joy with your family some time during the day.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timer lady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today is kt's laundry day, my catch up day in the kitchen - make up menu, shopping list & pre pack lunches for kt. You know the stuff like cookies in bags, apples, yogurt in containers, etc. That way we just grab off shelves & pack.</div></div>

My Gawd, Linda, you are so organized. I went food shopping yesterday and hoped I could throw 5 decent meals together! I really have to get my act together. Have a peaceful day also.