Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, all.

After a damp day yesterday, we had a wonderful relaxing (for me and mother in law) day at the train track. husband spent a lot of the day either driving a train (under supervision) or trying to fix it when he had boiler troubles. Of course, there was enough sun for him to have a very ruddy (and soot-smeared) complexion, and I think I've picked up a bit of colour as well (thanks to wearing a swimsuit top all day, over my skirt).

difficult child 1 has now moved back home. He had been living half his time at girlfriend's parents place, but girlfriend now has a flat of her own and difficult child 1 says he won't tempt fate (or sully her reputation) by moving in with her.

But of course, all the high humidity meant an interesting drive home. The 'mountains' (you guys would laugh at the molehills we Aussies call mountains) on the drive home are notorious for fog. There is a narrow coastal strip, with a sheer climb to these heights, only a couple of miles inland as the crow flies. I think at one point the land must be shaped like an aeroplane wing, there is always serious fog there as if the air there is suddenly lower pressure, low enough for the moisture to condense. We would be driving along and suddenly clear visibility would drop to a few feet - scary, when you're driving at 110 km/hr (that's almost 70 mph). It was as if a giant fog machine was theatrically blasting away at the cliffs, purely for dramatic effect.

A busy week coming up with school - the school year has about four weeks to go now, we're definitely on the downhill run and trying to desperately catch up. Not easy. I tend to cancel out of a lot of my own activities at this end of the year. But it won't last long.

And now we have to think wedding. Along with everything else. Of course, if we say nothing, don't push - it could be ten years or more before they do anything themselves...

Tomorrow begins the new government's changes, whatever they will be. Dismantling Work Choices is going to take a year or more, maybe signing Kyoto Protocol will be the first item on the agenda...

And then it will only be the US left. Interesting times, eh?

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

K

Kjs

Oh Marg. I am jealous. If only we had 4 weeks to go in the school year. :teacher: School is just So very stressful for everyone. :crying:

Well, with Thanksgiving behind us, I now have difficult child's B-day in a couple weeks. He will be a true teen. :nonono: I have NO idea what to get him. He has no idea what he wants. (he wants xbox360) Not going to happen for B-day. Anyone have idea's??
He has a phone, ipod, PS2, xbox(not 360), Wii. Just don't know.

Half way through my work day. It has been a very busy workweek. Had two days of classes early in the week, then Wed - Sun working. INCLUDING Thanksgiving Day. I have been gone just about every day for a week now. Only have found enough time for a few naps and back to work. :geek: Looking forward to the next three days. So much to do, but I think I will just do nothing on atleast one day. :sleeping:

I don't think my dogs know me anymore! :cool-dog:

Today is football, and I LOVE football. My team already played. :smile: But I will have to watch and route for many other teams now. :fan:

I am off to pick up some breakfast, get gas and come back for the last part of my day. :thumb:

Have a good day to all..and a good week.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Marg- It's good that difficult child 1 cares about girlfriend's reputation. :warrior:
Kjs- How about a nice gift card? :xgift:We had a nice evening with my in-laws. I played euchre for the first time. Let's just say I'm lucky my mother in law is a skilled and cunning partner because we won despite me, lol. :bag:
Church this morning, then errands. Have a great day! :snowman:

Good Morning

difficult child's been up since 2 am gave medications about an hour early just couldn't take it anymore he let me sleep for about 2 hours.
Suppose to go to Church, put and get stuff out of storage today but I think I may just sleep and let husband take care of difficult child. Hope everyone has a good morning.

DDD

Good morning! I'm sitting quietly with a big cup of HMJ and
checking to see what's new in the CD family. This is probably
the third time in six + years that I have joined the "Morning"
thread. I'm not an AM person, lol. :sleeping:

Right this moment, however, the house is peaceful and I have
only husband at home with me. Yep, I could get used to this. difficult child has been with his GFGmom since Thursday afternoon and evidently
there have been no problems as the phone hasn't rung. He'll be
home by three this afternoon to clean his room, do his homework,
etc. etc. for the start of another school week. I'm envious of
your "year end" status too, Marguarite!

Best wishes for a great week to you all. DDD

LittleDudesMom

:xmasdancers: Good Morning Everyone!

Marg, sounds like an interesting day for you! One getting married, one coming back home - life is constantly changing.... :dance:

Kjs, how about games for the systems he already has? Does he have a digital camera? difficult child got one last year for Christmas and still loves it - he makes movies weekly :picture: Hope you get some good rest in today.

TM, glad you had a nice evening with the inlaws! Don't be running too many errands - you need a little downtime this afternoon! :sleeping:

Crazy, hope you get husband to step in for you this morning :thumb:

Triple D, great to hear from you on the morning thread!!!! Glad you are having some quiet time this morning. My favorite time to myself is the early morning with my coffee, my computer, and the quiet :bath: better than a bubble bath!!

My dinner party was a success and the company was fabulous! It's a lot of work, but I so love getting out the china, crystal, and silver and having a formal dinner in the dinning room with cocktails and hordourves in the living room. I think I use my formal living room about four times a year!! I think the last time I used it was a baby shower at my house in May!!!!!

The tree is up but it is not decorated yet :xmasdec: The kids and I planned, as we were going to bed after midnight (!!) last night, that we would gather in the familly room for decorating the tree, pizza, and the movie "Christmas Vacation" tonight at 6. With easy child's busy social life, we have to plan these things ahead of time!!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful and relaxing Sunday,
Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all,

It's been very quiet this morning. Even the pups slept in until I got up at 9AM!!!!!!! :smile: I'm enjoying the coffee and the quiet.
We got a lot of things done yesterday. The cd.com mugs are finally history. It felt good to empty the garage of items that haven't been used in years. 2 truck loads to the dump. We are narrowing down to the last 15 boxes but a lot of things can't be put away until the painting is done. :xmasdec: Christmas decorating isn't going to happen anytime soon.

My easy child is returning to the big apple tomorrow and I'm hitting the road to take mom home. It's time. She tried to force feed me ice cream when out to dinner. :hammer: easy child mumbled a line from Big Fat Greek Wedding under his breath. Ugh! they are clowns. It's been a fairly pleasant weekend. difficult child is getting a little irritable but I think there is a little sibling rivalry, little difficult child ish opposition to doing chores and a cold. He is tolerable though.

Marguerite, we have droplets of rain but nothing to get happy over.
DDD, nice to see you this morning. Enjoy the respite from parenting.

KJS, enjoy football. I know true lovers are enjoying this time of year.

TM, hope your day is productive.
I'm going crazy, hope there is a long nap in your future.
LDM, I love puttering with the beautiful things to entertain. It's a lot of work and I only do it occasionally but it's fun. Life is short. Use the good stuff.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Enjoy the last day of the holiday weekend. :thanksgiving2:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning. I think difficult child and I are going to go out today, maybe shopping, maybe get our nails filled. I have to go wake her up now.

Have a great one everyone!!

wemustbecrazy

I am too late for good mornings but good afternoon to you all. During the work week I am up pretty early but on the weekends I am trying to make a dent in my sleep debt.

Marg, I loved your description of your drive home.

I am glad to see that you all had a good Thanksgiving holiday. We enjoyed our first of many holidays with our new family. We enjoyed a huge Thanksgiving dinner and watched movies. Friday we took the family to Universal and had a blast riding roller coasters. Saturday we dug out all of our Christmas decorations from the attic and had a decorating party that included cookies and hot chocolate. It was a great time for everyone with no behavioral problems to speak of (Thank you God). Enjoy the rest of your day.

Mary