Good Morning. TGIF. Hope u have a fantastic Friday!

Rabbit

:good_morning:Good Morning. TGIF. Hope u have a fantastic Friday! difficult child 1 was sent home from college because of the hurricane. I am glad to see him and hope we do not get too much rain here. We r close but not
that close. Stay safe everyone. hugs Rabbit:bunny_ears:

keista

Lucky?

My kids all woke up expecting school to be cancelled. Yay, It's not! It's not even raining here anymore. Back to a typical day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning Rabbit & Keista! Rabbit enjoy the time with difficult child 1 and Keista - enjoy your day with the kiddos at school, yay!

I am at work today and preparing our office for the storm - getting any boxes in storage off the floor, working with our IT team to shut down our server over the weekend, etc. We are in a basement and although the only flooding we've ever seen has been from ice dams in the winter, I don't want to take any chances!!!

This evening, I will begin putting away all our outdoor furniture. I am trying to talk H into closing our pool tomorrow, because THAT will be a HUGE mess to clean up after - I shudder to think of it. Went food shopping last night, H made sure the deisel tank is full for the generator and today I'm asking difficult child and boyfriend to stay at our house Sunday into Monday. If his parents lose power, they have to go to their other son's house - at least we will have power so difficult child and boyfriend will be able to get ready for work the next day, plus we still have her vacant room.

Other than that, just an ordinary Friday! Enjoy all - and stay safe - be sensible!

Marguerite

G'day, people. Sorry you're copping bad weather. Stay safe.

I've had a busy day. Weather-wise, it's definitely spring here now. Today was a lovely warm day, I was down to t-shirt and jeans. I could have paddled at the beach but I was busy. I spent most of the day at our church (it's right on the beach, we keep a bucket of water at the veranda for people to wash the sand off their bare feet before coming inside). We have a dinner tomorrow night and I'm on duty with chicken and corn soup (entree) and strawberry pavlova (dessert). I've got the pavlovas organised already and I was making the huge vat of chicken stock I need. A friend who lives at the church is on duty with chicken curry, she is using the chicken I boiled up for the soup. It should be a good night. I was also making sausage rolls (about 100) for lunch after church on Sunday. I figured I could get that done while the chickens were simmering. Then while I waited for it all to cool down enough to put in the fridge, I took my clippers out to the hedge on the street and did some urgent tree surgery.

I told mother in law I'd pruned the hedge; she said, "Doesn't the church have its own gardener?"
I reminded her that we don't have any one person responsible for anything, the whole thing is always a group effort. We see a job needing doing, we pick up and do it. Except maybe the sausage rolls; I'm the only one ever that makes them!

In the last year a couple of the blokes have replaced the roof, installed rainwater tanks, solar tube lights, solar hot water and they're about to replace some timbers on the verandah (you get a lot of dry rot when you're that close to the sea). So with all that they're doing, what I did today was minimal. But I know it will be welcomed.

Tomorrow I have a meeting "on the mainland". I'm collecting bread rolls for the dinner from the bakery, meeting with difficult child 1 who wants some old ugg boots to line suits of armour for his medieval warfare club. Then I'll chair my meeting and leave early so I can get back to finishing off my soup.

I'll be glad to sit down and enjoy a fun night by tomorrow night.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg