Good morning - TGIF!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:good_morning: friends & fellow warrior parents! TGIF! We made it through the week. :cheerleader: (Well almost - :crazy1:)

It seems to have been a tough week for several parents here on the site - I hope this coming weekend brings you all a much needed break.

Today is a no appointment day - kt's PCA isn't due in until 2 this afternoon. She & I are going out to do a very very light grocery run this morning plus a stop into the pharmacy. (Trying to slowly build my strength so I can do groceries by summer, if at all possible, with help if needed.) And you all know this has nothing to do with groceries & everything to do with building my endurance up for at least one round of golf this year. :bigsmile:

I finally completed the sketch of a painting I'm working on to my satisfaction & am ready to transfer it over to watercolor paper this afternoon. I expect to be able to start painting by later this evening or first thing tomorrow morning. :painter:

Have a fun Friday - wouldn't it be nice if we could all meet at the end of the day for a appetizers & a drink down at the local restaurant? :wine:

Keep it calm - as always, I plan on it.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I know you will get in that round of golf this summer! I never could get the hang of the game but always wanted to. It probably has something to do with the fact that I've only been golfing 3 or 4 times. ;) I can't wait to see your sketch:painter: Happy hour sure would be fun!

I can't even explain how happy I am it is Friday. This has been one long and not very good week except that our Colonial Fair yesterday was a major success!

After work I'm hoping to come home for a nap. easy child wants to stay after school and watch a friend try out for poms. I think husband will stay on that side of town and pick her up. I wish she would try out for something or get involved in a club.

Later husband and I will go to the health club:treadmill: I hope to be in bed early but you never know.

Wishing everyone a fun free choice Friday!. :hawaii_girl:

LittleDudesMom

:cutie_pie: Good Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!! :cutie_pie:

Linda, sounds like a nice day for you and kt. I will be over around 6-6:30 and I'll bring some wine :wine:. Hope you get a start on your painting and that kt maintains.

Sharon, sounds like the Fair went well! A nap right after work sounds like a good idea for you! Hope you get to bed early. Funny how friday is the sleeping day.

Ok, here's the recipe for the WW Redneck Straganoff from yesterday. A few of you asked. Take one pound of lean stew beef and place in the bottom of your crock. Pour one evelope of Lipton beefy onion dry soup mix over the cubed beef. Add three cans of Cambells Healthy Recipe cream of mush soup. DO NOT STIR - EVER!!!! Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

Let me tell you, I resisted this recipe because it sounded unappealing, but easy child really wanted to try it. It's good. Put it on top of a little whole wheat pasta or whole wheat cous cous. Aparently it's important not to stir it until you are ready to serve it. The meat is so tender it melts in your mouth.

difficult child is sick. He was home yesterday with fever. I was able to go to the office for a bit. I'm keeping him home today. Anytime difficult child lays on the sofa and the puter and 360 is not in play, he's sick!

I'll head to the gym around 8 this morning then have most of the day to spend nursing difficult child and whatever. Around three my cousin and I are going to a Spring Bazaar that is in town. Time to think about the patio and yard!

Have a fabulous free choice friday :kisses:

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Linda- Fingers crossed that today is a better day. I personally feel that difficult children and grocery stores don't mix, but that could be because of Duckie's age.
Sharon- I hope you get that nap in, sounds like you've earned it. And maybe easy child is showing some interest by watching her friend try out today.
LDM- I hope difficult child is feeling better quickly, we've had a lot of spring bugs going through here. It's no fun!
I have a busy one today, it's sneak peak day at the church's rummage sale until 1pm. Then I hope to get my hair cut. Then it's the whole home-from-school-gotta-make-dinner-thing, then I have a quick appointment at 7pm. It could be worse.
Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :)

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Just a quick note today, it's been a long week and I'm bushed! difficult child 3 has fallen behind with schoolwork and so has to get a lot done this weekend. I've got to see the doctor in the morning (if I can get in) because I think my blood pressure is starting to go up again, judging by how I suddenly feel. I started a new localised HRT a few days ago, because I had to stop the tablets because they were sending my BiPolar (BP) up. Looks like this new stuff could be just as bad.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

change

Yes...(sigh) TGIF! I'm always so relieved when the weekend is here. :full: My career is great...it's where some of my best friends are and I also have strong leadership (which I have to have in the workplace otherwise I 'm not happy!). It's just the constant stress of my daughter with her problems outside of our home that keep me in a bundle of nerves during the week. She really doesn't cause us too much trouble at home.

I too wish that we could all meet for a drink!!! We do that here every few weeks on Fridays (select friends from work) and it's such a great wind-down. I'd love to meet y'all in person. :love-very:

Thanks for helping me get through yesterday. I feel better today. Your Friday plans sound nice...nothing big for me...just a nap after work :D then take my daughter to her dance training and head to the gym. We usually eat out Friday night's but I just got a Viking range :grins:and it was just installed last Saturday so I might cook tonight then my husband and I will have drinks and rent a movie and relax at home after daughter goes to bed.

CHEERS!!!