Good Morning Thread for the week of December 23rd!

tiredmommy

Good morning!

I hope the morning finds us all well and relaxed. I know that's a lot to expect from our motley crew, but hey (!!!) I might as well dream big. :)

We had my niece, her boyfriend and two girls over for a big dinner last night and the girls slept over. One is a year older and the other is a year younger so they tend to get along pretty well. We're going to go window shopping soon before their mom comes for them this evening. It's been fun.

Tomorrow we host my father in law and sister in law for Christmas Eve and hit the late service at church. It should be fun too.

After that we have our quiet holiday on Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to that. ;)

Have a great day!

busywend

Sounds lovely, TM! I will be running until Thursday afternoon when I will crash hard....and do nothing!! haha!!!

SuZir

Good Evening (or well, night, it is getting late here...)

I have had a busy day. Cooking, baking, cleaning, running around, decorating, using over half an hour to get that darn spruce to stand straight (it is extremely wobbly one this year), people stopping by to bring presents, sending husband and easy child to deliver presents from us. And so on.

I'm spent. Just now I'm having some hot wine and keeping wake for a quarter of a pig in our oven. husband, father in law and sister in law and her husband are at her place trying a repair a water leak on her sheep barn so our traditional board game wake for a ham got nixed. Hopefully that can be got under control and they don't have to cut water from the animals for too long. If they have to wait for plumber, during the Christmas it is darn expensive and still takes days. And lots of extra work during that time.

KTMom91

My mother in law and nieces made tamales for our Christmas Eve get together. Hubby has to work in the morning, we're going to church at 4, then over to niece's house for Phase 1 of our Christmas celebration. I still have presents to wrap but will be ready for our get-together. Hubby, on the other hand, has not finished his shopping yet.

Phase 2 will be at my mom's, even though she took a hard fall last night she is insisting she is fine. She won't ask for help, or accept any, so I don't really know how badly she's hurt.

This is the first Christmas without Miss KT, and it feels funny not having her here. I understand she has to work, but...

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

LittleDudesMom

:angel: Good Morning and Happy Christmas Eve!

We started off our holiday with a ride around town to look at Christmas lights last night. Today I'll do some cooking early this morning for our brunch tomorrow, we will be visiting friends beginning at 10, and then the kids and I will go see Anchor Man 2 at 2pm. After that it's back to the house for a few friends and a little snacking and wine drinking!

Have a great day all.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
We started our day with bootcamp at 5:30. It was a kick-butt class which I needed for all the food I plan on eating:) Now I am about to start making lasagna for tonight's dinner. We will go to 4:00 Mass and then come home to eat the lasagna and garlic bread. Hopefully I will sneak in a nap and a couple of Christmas movies.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning on the day after Christmas!

I hope everyone had some part of their day that contained some joy or at least a bit of peace. We ended up having a really good day. Last night my sister in law & brother in law, niece & her husband came over. We played a really fun game called Wits and Wagers. We laughed a whole bunch and difficult child played appropriately the entire time!

This morning I have to take difficult child for an x-ray and dr appointment. Hopefully he will get the all clear to get back to wrestling:)

Wishing all a day filled with peaceful moments.

cubsgirl

We have a lasagna tradition too! I'm disappointed because easy child (now maybe she needs to revert back to difficult child) is not speaking to me or answering any texts. All this because she found her bio father and he told her that he was sad he missed her childhood. She is mad at me but he left me high and dry and pregnant. I'm disappointed in her not speaking to us.