Good Morning Thursday

Marguerite

G'day everybody.

I'm back from the liver biopsy. It went OK, but because they have just punched holes in the liver, you have to stay lying down on your back for four hours, in case it bleeds and you need transfusing.

I've had one of these before, about ten years ago. I couldn't understand why they wanted to sedate me for it this time (didn't have sedation last time); it would have meant having to get someone else to drive me. Then I found out why - the first one, they used a THICK metal pole like a cork borer. But they only did it once. This time, they used an 18g biopsy needle (much thinner) but had to take THREE CHUNKS! The nurse hiolding my hand was lookingashen by the time we finished. The doctor kept asking, Are you SURE?"

I'm home now (clearly). Sore when I try to sit up (half-lying in bed, doctor's orders). Not willing to take too deep a breath. Referred pain back to shoulder bade and rib cage, but from memory, it eases within 12 hours or so. I was fine driving home - I was sure I would be.

We're off north tomorrow, stopping with easy child & BF1 in Newcastle tomorrow night then Port Macquarie on Saturday. Might stop off at Cassegrain's Winery on the way through - world class. Pity I rarely drink any more, beyond a sip once every few months...

difficult child 3 worked well today. Tomorrow will be more difficult for him. Here's hoping he can stay on top of his work. So far so good.

I'm glad husband is doing most of the driving tomorrow!

And tonight - I have to stay put and let everyone else fuss around me. But I do not recommend a liver biopsy to justify getting pampered!

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Glad the biopsy procedure went well. Hope the results are what you want them to be.

I have to work this morning then working a blood drive and have therapist and group today. Haven't been to bed so I probably won't until tonight. Ah well one way to reset the internal clock.

Hope all to follow have a good day.

Beth

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, sounds like the procedure went well - fingers crossed here there results do the same. Your weekend plans sound like fun - take it easy on yourself during all this travel. :thumbsup:

Beth, sweetie, let me know if the one day sleep turn around works for you. I've tried it numerous times & I look like :bloodshot::coffee2: this each time. With all the stressors & FLU & such I'd imagine your physical well being needs to be taken care of as well as the other mundane :highvoltage: things going on in your household.

I downloaded music from Amazon yesterday to use on my PDA to try to sleep. There is some gorgeous meditation music on that site,. AND I fell asleep to the music. Just didn't stay asleep. And it is a start.

I've also been enjoying books downloaded to my PDA - trouble is I do fall asleep & I keep missing what's going on. husband is scoping out a second cradle for my PDA to put in the kitchen so I can listen while I dink around in there. My desk & my kitchen are the 2 most commonly used areas here for me.

Woke up to a few inches of snow - glad I don't have to join the commute this morning. Likely it will be ugly.

Enjoy your Valentine's Day all. :valentines: If you have a date with your husband or SO, I'm very very jealous. I'll get over it. :rofl::painter:

LittleDudesMom

:cupid::gifts: Happy Valentines Day!:gifts::cupid:

Marg, A little pampering is a good thing. You do a whole lot for your family. Sit back and let them do for you so that you are rested enough to enjoy your weekend.

Beth, wow! I cann't even imagine how you go out to work and all the other things you have on your agenda to do with absolutely not a wink of sleep! I hope you get that clock reset!

Linda, hope you were able to go out yesterday and get the tweedles a little Valentine. I hope your day is a good one.

easy child has a great Valentine's Day planned, she just doesn't know it. Her boyfriend is sending a dozen red roses to her at school. Then, he is suprising her and coming in town after school. He is taking her out to a really cozy little jazz place for dinner and music later tonight. He has been planning this, with me as his sidekick, for a couple weeks. She is blissfully unaware!

difficult child and I will actually go out to dinner to a little local Mexican place. The three of us started going there on Valentine's a few years ago. He knows about the secret visit and has asked that he and I still go out. Well, I better do this because I'm not sure how long boys want to go out to dinner with their mom on Valentines Day!

difficult child is off tomrrow and so begins a great 4-day weekend. He's thrilled. I'll be working all day today - tons of work. I hope you have something planned with your special someone :kisses:Be good!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Glad the biopsy went well although it sounds very painful. Rest and take care of you. Be careful with the traveling.

Beth-Sounds like a long day for you. I hope sleep comes early tonight.

Linda-Glad you don't have to go out in the snow. I think for once this winter it is going to miss us. We are only expecting about an inch.

Sharon-It sounds like a lovely day for easy child. difficult child being in middle school and wanting to go out with you on Valentine's is precious!

I'm not much in a V-day mood.:grounch_day: Long story that I'm not ready to post about yet involving difficult child.

At school we are building ice cream sundaes for our Valentine's party in my room. Almost every child will bring something to contribute.

After work difficult child has wrestling practice. I hope to fit in the health club but more often than not on wrestling practice nights I don't get the workout in.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day.:kisses:

Marguerite

Stop Press - easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 went to buy some takeaway to bring home and have a quiet dinner at home (here), just the two of them in their space. But stickybeak girl (who cut part of her class tonight) HAD to crash difficult child 1's evening with girlfriend, to find out how his proposal went. So she bought an extra bottle of 'wine' (non-alcoholic - our driving laws are strict) and dropped in on them briefly. She and BF2 just got home and before they disappeared into their room came to us and said, "SHE SAID YES!"

So now I have TWO kids engaged.

Just thought you would like to know... and I had a hard time today keeping my mouth shut - the nurse assigned to me today was girlfriend's aunt. Small world. But I didn't tell!

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
:kisses:Happy valentine's day to everyone. Hope someone kisses you today.

Marguerite, I can't say I could possibly have a tougher day than a liver biopsy. Hope you feel better. Best wishes to 2 children who are engaged and ready to start a life together.

LDM, I love the idea of making VD a ritual dinner out with the kids. My boys aren't of the mind to think of mom on VD day. Fortunately their dad is a little more thoughtful.

Beth doesn't sound like a good day at all. Hope you can keep it all together with no sleep at all.

Wiped out, sorry difficult child is taking the air out of your sails already.

Linda, I just downloaded another book to listen too while I walk the pups. It's great to be so portable.

I have an electrician coming to hang new lights in the kitchen and a variety of people in and out this AM. Then it's off to Costco for a paper product infusion. I'm so excited about my sister's and brother and mother coming, I can hardly stand it. I'll get to spend some quality time with the nephews and baby niece. I'm a sucker for a baby.

Hope your day is productive and positive.

Snowie

Marg, hope the biopsy results are what you are hoping for. A new engagement - rings, dresses, joy - how exciting for you all! Sincerest congratulations to them.