Good Morning Thursday

Marguerite

G'day, folk.

We've just got back home from taking husband out to dinner. Mind you, it's not much of a birthday dinner if you have to pay the bill!

It started when husband woke this morning not able to hear properly. He quickly identified the problem as ear wax, probably softened by several days' swimming at the beach during his week off work. So I tried to organise a doctor's appointmentfor him, to get his ears syringed out. The only appointment I could get was from my GP on the highway; I kept an appointment for tomorrow with our village GP in case my doctor couldn't shift it all. But no worries, she did it.

Bu as we were going to be out in the evening, I figured - why not stay out another hour or so, and have dinner? And invite the kids?

So we did. We broguht mother in law out with us, we'd texted the kids to get them along, and we all had a wonderful evening. BF2 was unable to come, he didn't finish work until 9 pm. easy child 2/difficult child 2 came straight from work, difficult child 1 & daughter in law finish work earlier. easy child & BF1 live too far away, of course.

A lovely, relaxed evening.

And now husband is talking on the phone to easy child, she and BF1 are coming here tomorrow night for a few days (our long weekend) and we're finalising that plus she was saying happy birthday to her dad.

It's been really hot here today, a hot dry wind off the desert adding to it all. More is forecast over the weekend although there are also storms forecast. If they're like yesterday's, there will be little water in it and a lot of lightning.

difficult child 1 is a bit anxious - he got a solicitor's letter from the driver of the car he hit, they want $75,000 from him. daughter in law is getting some advice from a person at church but I'm itching to also get advice and then talk to this solicitor; I'll ask what they intend to do if difficult child 1 chooses to declare bankruptcy, because he doesn't HAVE even a fraction of that amount. I think he has maybe $5,000 in the bank and that's it. He sank all his money into buying his car (now written off). I'm also arguing with his health insurance, I've threatened to go to the media with what I've found about huge holes in their cover, that we're only now just finding.

Apart form worries over difficult child 1's finances, we're doing fine.

School goes back in a few days, the new school year for us.

Enjoy your Thursday. Stay comfortable, wherever you happen to be.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

We are in for a balmy 35 degrees today:beach: Yes, I'm imagining myself on a beach-(think I'll imagine it's Marg's beach:)) Seriously, it will feel nice today!

After work today it's a meeting with difficult child's teachers to discuss next semester's schedule. Then it's off to wrestling with difficult child-picture night tonight. Looks like another night with no health club:(

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:flower:

LittleDudesMom

:coffee: Good Morning Marg, Sharon and all to follow!!!

You two posted two minutes apart so I used the board software to merge your posts!

Marg, glad your man's birthday was a good one. Was there substantial damage and injury in the accident? Perhaps this is just posturing? Hope so......

Sharon, we are in a heat wave as well :swimming: - 50 today and 60 degress tomorrow!! But, the cloudy, cold weather will be back for the weekend. Awww, southern winters! Thanks for reminding me-I need to call difficult child's case worker and work on his two electives for next semester too!! Why don't you and husband take turns with the wrestling stuff? That way one of you could work out or handle something else.

Busy day ahead. I'm foregoeing weight training first thing and going to the office. easy child wants to do the weights too but she has a DECA bake sale again this morning. She's been off all week but has been having a bake sale the last two mornings to help raise money for their CA trip in April. The students love the bake sale on exam days (no cupcakes and cookies - coffee, flavored water, muffins, fruities, dried fruit, chicken biscuits and sausage biscuits)!!! easy child lucked up and found out our local Starbucks manager was in DECA himself and has committed a caraffe (that holds 25-30) of coffee, cream and sugar for every DECA bakesale she has this year. She needs to be there to pick it up at 7. Very generous.

So, I'll work this morning and easy child and I will meet at the gym at 1 and work out until difficult child pick up time. Then I'll need to run home and make sure the kids have their stuff picked up and the house is ready for my cleaning crew tomorrow morning!

Wishing everyone a great Thursday :peaceful:

Sharon

artana

Marg - Sounds like a good birthday evening. Let us know how it goes with husband's ear.

WO - I know what you mean about it feeling balmy.:)

LDM - You have a busy day! Stay warm and tell easy child good luck with the bake sale.

It is going to hit the 30s today here as well, yay! The kids are on their way to school. difficult child did not have a great day at school yesterday. He told two other little kids he hated them because they are always tattling on him.:p Today I have a parent community organization meeting, so no relaxing baths for me.

TerryJ2

Marg, I'm glad you had such a nice birthday dinner for husband. Yeah, the guys always get stuck with-the bill! :)
So sorry about difficult child 1's potential financial fiasco from the accident. He didn't have insurance? :(
Sharon, wow, that IS a heat wave. Enjoy!
SharonWipedOut, that bake sale has an unsual menu. Neat that they do that during exams.
Aw, Artana, I'm sorry that your difficult child snapped at his acqaintances. Although he could have a point! Good luck at your mtng.
I'm hoping to make a lot of progress on the memoir I am editing, and then go out with-husband tonight for our date night. I may have to stop by his clinic today because I woke up with-a horrid headache and have already iced twice and taken medications. :(

Have a great day, everyone!

Janna

Good morning ladies,

Marg, sounds like you had a wonderful night. I'm glad you were able to relax.
Sharon, have fun at wrestling! Good luck with the meeting.
Sharon, the bake sale sounds YUM! LOL! My willpower would be in the toilet! Have fun, and try to relax somewhere in between.
Artana, sorry to hear about difficult child. Hope today is a better day for him. Try to find a few minutes for you.
Terry, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope your headache goes away. Have fun on date night!! Lucky you :)

I'm stuck home today with no vehicle. Blah, I hate that. SO's something or other went out in the car (LOL) and so he had to take my van. I'll do my workout, I started an in home walking program that has helped me to drop 54 pounds thus far. I've just begun implementing weights, and wow - I love it. It really helps me with stress relief. I have a few phone calls to make, some cleaning and laundry to do, and I'm here all by myself, so it should be an easy, quiet day.

Enjoy your day!

Marg's Man

Gday All,

Sharon I it was 35 degrees here too (Celsius that's in the high 90's Fahrenheit) - NOT balmy just barmy.

Sharon II (aka foolish optimist) I am afraid it is not just posturing. There were no injuries but difficult child 1's car was a write off - no great loss it was a bomb. So, it appears was the other car apparently valued at $80,000. THAT is why we are asking questions. It was a high end late model BMW but so far no one can say exactly what model. We will be wanting details before any money is deemed payable but the kids have few resources so the other side will have a long wait for their money if they ever get it. If they push too hard the kids will have to go into bankruptcy which will delay any possible payout even longer.

It's a long story why but they did NOT have insurance
Marg's Man

Marguerite

About the accident - difficult child 1 thought he had insurance, but he's an innocent abroad when it comes to this sort of thing. The previous owner of the car told him it was insured and that the insurance would be transferred with the car, that was why they charged him more. We're still checking it all out, trying to find a way out for him.

husband's ear - the doctor got it all cleaned out, no worries.

TOmorrow morning (Friday) we have an appointment with the optometrist for difficult child 3, to check his eye pressures. After that we'll head home fast (plus some shopping) to get in our swim. At the moment difficult child 3 also has what looks like a bluebottle sting on his leg, we might need to get it seen to if it's still painful in the morning.

For those wanting some summer images, I've got some pics from some friends of ours, they live on the main village beach. It's a quieter beach than the little one we go to, but it's still just down the road for us. The main beach is where difficult child 1 & daughter in law were married, a few houses closer to the shops.

Enjoy, and dream. Today was 34 C (93 F) and tomorrow will be 30 C (86 F). The water temperature is about 22 C (71.6 F). I'm now tanned enough to be safe from sunburn. So just as summer is really getting going - school goes back.

Anyway, here are the pics. Imagine yourselves soaking up the sun on the dekchairs...

http://www.beachbedandbreakfast.com.au/photoG.html

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Marg - Impromptu family get togethers are fun. I am glad husband had nice day. As for the solicitor, aren't things like that only allowed to cover actual losses? Did the accident actually cause the other person $75,000? It does sound a lot. Or was there injuries that involved a hospital stay? I would ask the solicitor for a breakdown of every single expense he is asking you to cover with the actual bills from businesses/doctors (or written estimates if the item hasn't been taken care of yet).

Wiped Out - Enjoy your heatwave. Is difficult child ready for pictures tonight?

Little Dude's Mom -Your heat wave is a very hot wave. I was thinking of coming to visit you for some warm weather, but it just may be too hot for me so I will go see Wiped Out or Artana. Have a great day today! Yes, that really is a very generous donation from Starbucks.

Artana - I hope difficult child has a better day today.

Terry - I hope you can get rid of that headache and enjoy your date night.

I will work a long day today and maybe a few hours again tonight. It is nice to work when no one is calling me. I don't know if I mentioned that we are short one office at our new facility so they took my office away to give to a councilor and I am to share a desk with a nursing area/unit storage area. I have absolutely no space for my files and have been told that file cabinets are not allowed to be moved to the new place! I have no idea what I am going to do. So, I am working my butt off to catch up as much as possible and will wait until they actually move me to figure it out. I have way too many top priorities on my desk this month. I suppose today I better return phone calls from Monday. People I work with are not used to me not getting their requests done quickly. They may be wondering if I am still around. LOL!

Everyone have a great day today! Find ways to make your kids laugh.

4timmy

Good Morning from somewhere in Ohio..................

It's winter in Ohio
And the gentle breezes blow,
Forty miles an hour
At twenty-two below!

Oh, how I love Ohio
When the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful!
I guess I'll hang around.......
I could never leave Ohio
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground.

Andy

Janna - Wow - You really are doing great with your exercising. Your commitment is working out successfully.

Marg - Shouldn't the other party have insurance to cover in the event the other party does not have insurance? If they own an $80,000 vehicle, surely they could afford a little more insurance for these situations. Not everyone can afford to replace expensive vehicles - if we could, we may all be driving our own BMW's. I hope you can find that missing insurance. It still may be active but in the previous owner's name.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

What a busy group this morning! The fact that I'm awake & moving this early 2 days in a row is nothing short of a miracle (or a good friend willing to call me until I pick up the phone & swear I'm awake & moving.)

Marg, a day at the beach sounds blissful ~ Marg's man, I'll even take the ear thing. Fingers crossed this lawsuit clears up; it certainly sounds as though there is a "bit" of shennigans going on from different parties.

Sharon (with-o), good luck setting up difficult children schedule. Is difficult child a part of this meeting?

Sharon (ldm), easy child sounds quite the involved young lady ~ I love hearing about her & her activities.

artana, good morning - haven't had the chance to meet you before this.

Terry, blow off the memoir if you need to; date night is far more important. Have fun.

Janna, stuck home isn't that bad. I love stuck home ~ especially on weeks or months when there is nothing but one thing after another. Enjoy your time alone.

I see my new rheumatologist this morning (he's replacing Mayo doctor because I just cannot make that trip with-o husband being here for the tweedles). So this guy is taking over. Neuro doctor assured me yesterday that he wouldn't re-invent the wheel.

We had a good mtg at h.s. yesterday for kt & she returns back to school this coming Monday. That didn't take long. :whiteflag:

Hope you all have a calm, peaceful day. Hug your loved ones.