Good Morning Thursday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

It's Friday night here. We've had our dinner, we ate down at mother in law's and then came back home. I just had my pre-admission disinfectant wash (Gammawash, including hair - bleah!) and I'm ready for bed, hair drying as I sit here in front of the fan typing this and watching "Thank God You're Here!" (Aussie version - we had it first, for once).

My skin feels dry but I'm not allowed to put on any moisturiser, deodorant or talc. Nada. At least I was allowed to use a hair conditioner after washing my hair with Gammawash. So I've packed a bottle of my favourite, to take with me. Depending on how I feel, I'll put some on tomorrow after the surgery.

Today was OK. Busy this morning, I cooked a Moroccan lamb casserole in the crock-pot which we'll put in the fridge tonight to have either tomorrow night or Saturday night, depending on how things go. It was the first day with my new cleaning lady, she did a lot better but I know she's someone I still have to think for, which is not what I need. But she prefers to arrive early in the morning, which makes it a lot easier for me, so I'm happy.

Tomorrow I'll get up early, have a little breakfast and my pills for the day, then we'll head for the hospital. If all goes well I'll be home tomorrow night, about this time. Or earlier. I'll get husband to let people know here, as soon as we know anything.

I've packed a couple of books to read, a couple of puzzle books and the iPod loaded with talking books, plenty of music and some medication tracks. Whatever else happens tomorrow, I'm going to lie back and be pampered.

Crikey, the lengths we have to go to, when we're mothers of difficult children, just to get a chance to lie down for a while...

Enjoy your Thursday!

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

Marg-You have been in my prayers and will continue to be; I truly think you have an amazing attitude which truly helps! Next time if you need a break from difficult child try to think of a vacation getaway...;)

It's kind of like a Friday here; for the students anyways. Tomorrow is a teacher convention day which is also a nice break in the routine. After work I will head to the health club (notice I didn't say try-I have to get there)!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Happy Thursday guys.
Marguerite, good luck today and I'll be thinking of you.

WO, hope the work out is a good one and you enjoy the teacher convention. It must be a nice break to
be away from kids for a few hours. It's like recharging the battery.
We have snow coming down but the temp is not winter like. I don't think it's a problem. difficult child
went downtown for a vocational evaluation. That should be interesting.

husband is in NYC. He is going to try for an earlier flight so he isn't snowed in. It's a busy day. Hopefully
we will be productive.
Thursday is Survivor night. Have a good day all.

crazymama30

good luck Marg, I hope everything goes well.

sharon--have a good workout.

Fran--enjoy survivor. It can be quite an interesting study on human nature.

I am off today, therapist appointment at 10am, husband is getting pain injections at 11:20am, and easy child sees the allergist at 4pm. Just another standard day off of appts! Went out to dinner last night with a bunch of gals from work, was a lot of fun. Went to a seafood mexican restaurant and it was really good!n Not a place I would have went to, but really glad we went.

have a good day all!