Good Morning Thursday

Marguerite

G'day people.

I got to the beach!

I had a 10 am appointment at the physiotherapist this morning, and I wore my swimsuit under a pair of light cotton trousers, so I could drop in to the beach afterwards, if I had time. It turned out that the physio needed to work on my hips, so having my swimsuit on was very useful. After that I went to the pharmacy and organised health insurance reimbursement. I finished there at 11 am and headed over the road for the beach. I did put my toe in the water, but I didn't really feel like a swim so I lay in the sun for half an hour, then headed back home. So I got my Vitamin D, not enough sun for a sunburn but if I had stayed there longer, I would have burned.
After that I drove mother in law out to the mall. I'd organised a mobility scooter for mother in law at the mall so she could get around. We got a lot of Christmas shopping done and got home in time to get a roast dinner on.

So it's been a productive day today indeed.

Tomorrow I can't get to the beach, I have to take difficult child 3 and easy child 2/difficult child 2 into the city to see their tdocs. I know I won't be home in time for the beach, and the weekend will be too busy for me to have beach time. But I should get some sun time in there somewhere...

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Marguerite and all who follow!

To all of our U.S. members, Happy Thanksgiving!!:thanksgivingday:

Marg-I love hearing you made it to the beach!! No better way to relax!!

I'm awake way too early but I think my body is becoming way too accustomed to boot camp wake up time. The problem is I didn't get to sleep until after 1:00 and have now been awake since 4. Not sure how but I'm going to need a nap later today.

I need to have my turkey out of the brine by 9:00 because it has to sit out an hour before going in the oven. If I calculated everything correctly, I need to cook the turkey for just over 5 hours!

Can't wait for the guests to begin arriving!!

I'm so thankful for all of you here. Thanks for being such wonderful, caring, and supportive people!

Hoping your Thanksgiving is a peaceful and enjoyable one-may our difficult children all be angels for the day:angel:

:thanksgiving2:

LittleDudesMom

:thanksgivingday: Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans :thanksgivingday:

Good Thursday morning to all!

Marg, glad to hear you finally made it to the beach!

Sharon, I never seem to be able to sleep on days I have something fun or special to do - my mind and body just want to get going! Hope your day with family is a great one - make sure you have diffusion topics for the table :thanksgiving2:!!!!

I went over my mother in law's yesterday afternoon because it was on the way home from an errand I was running. Happened to get there when my brother in law was in town on a job (he lives about 45 min outside of town), my one sister in law had arrived from the midwest with her brood of 4, and my other sister in law was dropping off some food for today! Got to spend some quality time with them so I might not go over tonight after having the meal with my family (cousin, aunt and uncle). We'll see.

We went to the movies last night and saw Unstoppable! The theatre was packed!

Hope your day, whatever your plans, is a good one.

:thanksgiving11::thanksgiving1:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning friends. Happy :thanksgiving1:Thanksgiving to all of you. I am grateful to have you here.
Marguerite, a little sun goes a long way doesn't it. I remember the days were we baked ourselves in the sun for hours. Sounds like your day was very productive.

Sharon, I love the excitement of a house full for a holiday. :thanksgiving1: I am going to try a brined turkey later in Dec. when easy child is home for his pre Christmas Christmas. :thanksgiving2:The reviews are awesome for turkey done this way. Good luck and don't let easy child/difficult child get to you.

LDM, hope you have a wonderful holiday with cousins, aunt and uncle. It's good you continue to have a good relationship with in laws. You are a doll and they are lucky to have
you.

easy child is working today and we are not doing much of anything until he is finished. Maybe we will watch the parade for a bit.
difficult child is really becoming more self aware. I am pleased at how well he is doing. His training is progressing and I feel he is proud of his accomplishments. I think he is a little lonely but he has friends and his aunt. He just tends to like company all the time. He seems to be pleased that he has not sabotaged himself. Fingers crossed. For this I have much to be thankful for.

To all of you who have walked this path into difficult child world, I am thankful to have your support and input and humor.
:thanksgiving11:Now let the eating begin!!!

H

HaoZi

Morning ladies and Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Kiddo eating the chocolate muffins and watching her Jurassic Fight Club on my ipod, keeps her occupied and out of the way so I can get some cleaning done and she doesn't have to listen to my music :p Weather permitting we'll go see Tangled 3D this afternoon, then making pizza for dinner.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay ------so you are at the beach in Australia........???

Oh dear - rock fish, Sharks, box jellyfish, taipans. FUN FUN FUN.......Gosh Marg can I come? (lemme check my lotto ticket and see if I'll be there in a week or less) lol.

Short of having thick souled boots, leather waders, and a dart gun Aussie beaches? No. Thank. You! And I LOVE to snorkle......

H

HaoZi

Yeah, but who says you have to go in the water? If Hugh Jackman is any indication, the scenery is nice enough. ;)

Marguerite

It's OK, not that dangerous here. I walk barefoot most places even though it's also snake season. The most common snakes here in this part of Australia are timid and will flee when they feel you coming. Sharks - very rare to have a shark attack at a beach. Recent issues have been wetsuited divers in the Harbour in places where few people swim. Sharks mistake them for seals. The nasty sharks are in South Australia; the nasty snakes (ie taipans), box jellyfish and other lethal stinging stuff in the water are in Nth Queensland where the lifeguards wear pantyhose to stay safe. Bluebottles don't drift in here until January, and even then only sometimes. We can see them easily and avoid them.

And Hugh Jackman? We have a lot of blokes over here that look like that. Russell Crowe & family live near difficult child 3's school. I think Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban, as well as Hugh Jackman and Debora-Lee also live in the same apartment on Finger Wharf, when they're not in the US. Summer is when we see the buff blokes jogging along the beach. But frankly, our beach that we go to, is full of people we know. It's great to chat to neighbours and friends, especially when the tourists have gone home!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, guys.

Marg