Good Morning Thursday

Marguerite

I'm really missing you guys. We're still in New Zealand, BF1 had to log on for work and husband has piggybacked in. Right now easy child is sitting on the other side of the table,finishing off some business.

It costs big bucks to log on down here, while on the move. This is our first, brief, probably only, opportunity.

We've been on the move for the past few weeks, North island until last Friday and now we've checked out about half of South Island. difficult child 3 has done almost all the schoolwork allocated but whinged every time we went sightseeing because he says he can't do bookwork in the car.

Today we got some packing done - we check out of Wanaka tomorrow. About 11 am BF1 looked u0p & said, "It's raining - hang on, that rain is falling very slowly."
First snow he's ever seen. We've been praying for snow for the whole trip - nada. Until this morning. Now it won't flamin' stop! We're socked in. The school next door declared a snow day, might be the same tomorrow. The TV is off, the aerial is too snowed under. Satellite TV is down too. Nada. The local radio station is playing and giving updates. We've eaten everything (except a mountain of gourmet cheese) and are heading out soon for food, fuel and a chat to the cops about the chance of easy child & BF1 getting their plane4 on Saturday. Snow is forecast for the next three days, after absolutely none all month.

difficult child 3 has been playing in it all afternoon, he & I played a game of giant chess - in the snow. I know, we're idiots.

We'll be home in another week. I'll check in then, in force - nothing will keep me away!

Marg, missing you all heaps.

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:
Marg- It's great to see your name. I've missed you. Enjoy the snow!!! :thumb:
Today is Duckie's very last day of kindergarten. :warrior: It's bittersweet for me as her teacher and I have a great rapport. Duckie is very happy about summer vacation starting, we hope to have lots of fun this year. :beach:
Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

smallworld

Good Thursday morning!

Marg, good to hear from you. Can't wait to get the full report when you return home next week from NZ.

TM, wow -- hard to believe Duckie is finished with kindergarten. Let the summer fun begin!

I'm driving A to the airport this moring so I can put her on a plane bound for Maine. She's heading up for her third summer of overnight camp and will be gone for 3.5 weeks. She's been both anxious and excited, not sleeping well at all. We also had to pay a quick visit to the pediatrician yesterday because her asthma was kicking up from a cold. He prescribed a new inhaler, and she seems to be doing better this morning. So all is a go.

J and M are attending day camps here, although J doesn't like his (a teen adventure camp where the campers are taken to various amusement parks and other activities). He's decided he's not going, and husband and I have decided it's not worth the battle. M is having fun at a week-long dance/drama camp.

Hope you have a peaceful day. Hi to anyone who snuck in.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, so good to see your smiling face - sounds like you're enjoying your holiday.

TM, years pass quickly - it's so very hard watching our babies grow. Harder yet to let go of good friends along the way.

SW, hope difficult child has a good time at camp.

I'm up early & enjoying the quiet of the morning. There are cardinals & gold finches at my bird feeders right now - getting their fill.

Another warm day promised - want to finish a couple of loads of laundry before the heat really hits. I have 2 PCAs in splitting shifts today for kt (10 until 6:30). This works for me as I'm hoping to get some gardening done this morning & piano practice this afternoon.

Enjoy your day - keep it calm.

LittleDudesMom

:smile: Good Morning All! :smile:

Marg, wonderful to hear from you - enjoy the snow :thumb:

TM, this is a bittersweat ending - I remember when both my children finished K; next year is "real" school and the race begins! I know you guys will have a great summer! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hot.gif

SM, well, you almost had all the kids out of the house for the day! I agree though that it's sometimes not worth putting our chidren through extreme anxiety especially for summer programing (unless you absolutely no choice). It's why I don't schedule anything for difficult child in the summer. We come up with our own schedule every year. This is what he's planned so far: one hour of reading a day, walk the dog after dinner, monday night is mom and difficult child game night, thursday is movie/pizza night. Have a good one!

Linda, hope you get that gardening in. It's definately cooled down here at the eastern shore - hope you are having some heat relief as well.

The kids are still snoozing and I have everything packed and ready to load in the car. We have had a fabulous time here at the beach. The weather has been perfect. Sun, Mon, and Tues it was in teh 90's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hot.gif which is great for the beach. easy child and I were bums and had our chair down by the water people watching. difficult child, who always makes friends, played with kids in the ocean, and then would run up the pool with his buddies for awhile, and then back to the ocean. Yesterday we had a rainy day (I've always loved one rainy day on our trip) so we went out to a huge mall about 20 minutes from here. Then we went to a drive-in place and had a late lunch. By the time we got back to the hotel, the rain had stopped and the skies cleared. easy child took difficult child on a two hour bike ride!

Today, we head home. But, not after another full day on the sand! :beach: We will load the car at 10 with our luggage, then head on down to the beach. We'll probably stay here until 3 or so then head home. It's a little less than 2 hours so it's an easy drivve.

It's been nice to start out the summer by spending time together. With easy child having her own car and drivin, I have a feeling she will stay gone a lot!!!

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marguerite-I've been missing you. Sounds like a great trip!

TM-Oh my-she is already done with kindergarten-that seemed to go by fast. Now it's time to enjoy summer! :beach:

SW-Sounds like lots of camps at your house. I hope A has a great time. Sorry J doesn't like the day camp-sounds like something my difficult child would love.

Linda-Sounds like a very peaceful morning watching the birds. Keep cool!

difficult child has been in and out of our room since 5:30. Wish he would learn to sleep in! He and I had a nice day at the pool but I did get a bit burnt even with my 30 sun screen.

Today after dropping off easy child I think we're headed to the club although we might push that off til tonight. Later this morning I'm heading to a friend's house. She is going to help me put together a scrapbook of difficult child's first wrestling season. This is the same friend who helped me with easy child's.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day! Hi to anyone who snuck in. :dance:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Marguerite, thanks for taking the time from your trip to check in, we have missed your posts.....

Good morning all, we have another beautiful day here in Indiana, sun shining and low humidity.....the farmers aren't happy with little or no rain, but it sure makes nice days for being outside. Be open to what the new day brings.....</span>

:future:

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Good Morning all.
Marguerite, I hope to visit New Zealand and Australia someday. It sounds so exotic and different. Enjoy the snow. I'm sure b/f is enjoying it.

TM, your baby is making great strides and growing up.

LDM, I didn't realize you were at the beach. smart to do it before everything gets too crowded. Glad you had a great time.

Smallworld, my easy child loved sleep away camp. The first year we pushed him to go to a 3 wk one but after that he went for 6 wks every year until he aged out. It did him a world of good in making him deal with his anxiety about flying. The carrot of camp wouldn't stop him despitehis anxiety and made him much more capable of handling things with out mom and dad.

Timer, the darn squirrels have ransacked my bird feeders. grrrr.Drives me nuts. We get beautiful cardinals and finches. I'm waiting for the hummingbirds.

Wiped out, watch out for the sunburn. Ow! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hot.gif

Why me mom, enjoy your nice weather.

We seem to have someone else's weather. It's drizzling!!! I'll take it. It was brutally hot Monday and Tuesday.

Today is a busy day. Hope you enjoy the first day of summer. :beach:

</span>