Good Morning Thursday

Marguerite

G'day, everyone.

I figured I'd start the thread because I'm not going to be around for a few days, unless I log in from Canberra. It's Thursday night here and we're off in the morning. I still have to pack - we're not taking much. Tomorrow and Sunday should be comfortable spring weather but Saturday is forecast to be cold in Canberra so we need to pack a couple of warm coats.

It's Floriade in Canberra - the spring festival of flowers. And on the drive to Canberra we pass Bowral, a lovely country town which has an annual tulip festival. I hope we can stop off and have a look but it will depend on how we're going for time. Maybe a lunch stop-off?

School holidays start tomorrow also. Technically difficult child 3 should do schoolwork all day tomorrow but he's not as good with it, when we're travelling. I can try - it's all we can do.

His science teacher wrote to him - she's giving him four weeks' credit for the work he did on his report on New Zealand. here's hoping other subjects give him similar credit. He went to a lot of trouble to include material for other subjects.

It's just after sunset here now, I should go get the washing off the line. This morning's expected storm didn't happen - we got five drops of rain last night instead. So the washing should be dry, dinner is cooked, it's just me, husband & difficult child 3 tonight until the other two get home from late night shift. BF2 works in a kids gaming store, he is going to be very busy for the next two weeks, during the school holidays!

Have a fun Thursday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marguerite-The flower festival sounds beautiful! I hope you have the time to stop at Bowral to see the tulips as well. This weekend in a small town not too far away they are having a cranberry festival-it is supposed to be something cool to see. We won't be heading there because we are finally home for a weekend and will be traveling all but one weekend in October.

Today after work difficult child and I both have our therapist appts. Then husband and I need to get in our workouts at the club. Tonight one of the shows we watch has its season premiere so we're trying to figure out how to fit everything in before it starts.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day. :flower:

LittleDudesMom

:coffee: Good Morning Marg and all to Follow :coffee:

Marg, your little gettaway sounds wonderful. There is nothing more lovely than spring flowers!!!! Summer blooms just can't compete with the vibrant colors of spring :flower:. Have a great time.

It's a usual Thursday here in the little dudes house. I will be going to the office and doing my usual. Our secretary is going to Europe tomorrow for ten days. Her fiance is a commercial piolot and they fly to some great places! I will probably work every day next week for about three to four hours just to make sure there is someone answering the phone and handling "stuff". :geek:

difficult child has the Life game board layed out in the dinning room so the three of us can play after school today! He loves that game (and monopoly) and usually beats the pants off easy child and I!

Wishing everyone a great day :lipstick:

Sharon

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Morning

Marg sounds like a lovely trip. Hope it goes well. Here's hoping gfg3s teachers are happy with his work.

Sharon hope the appointments go well and you get to be comfy with husband later for your show.

I have my therapist appointment this afternoon. Haven't been in over a month. Life has gotten so chaotic that I don't know which way to go these days. Not too much else going on today.

Beth

LittleDudesMom

Hey Sharon,

you snuck in on me....... wondering if the show is Ugly Betty. We are not huge tv watchers, love movies though. There are very few tv shows that would motivate me to plan around them. But Ugly Betty is one that we follow. I can't wait for tonight's show.

Hope get everything fit in so you can relax with the tube tonight!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, have a fun trip - take pictures!

Sharon, I've been to that festival a few times; if I felt better I'd meet you there. It's a fun time.

I've nothing scheduled for today, however, both kt & husband are coming down with the crud. husband is scheduled to work in the office today which shouldn't be a problem. Getting kt off to school if she isn't running a temp is another story.

Other than a probable absence for kt, I'm planning on a couple of loads of laundry. It's a challenge - I've proved to the PT that I can get up & down the stairs safely (though slowly). However carrying laundry is another story. I took a laundry bag & fashioned it into a backpack of sorts. I carry the laundry down the stairs in that backpack bag - showed it to PT. She loved it & approved it.

I'm hoping to once again find the surface of my desk. Always a challenge. How come Mom's desk is always the junk drawer?

Have a good day friends - enjoy it. Find time to smile.