Good Morning Tuesday * What's the Weather like in your Area?

Rabbit

Good Morning Tuesday Hope everyone has a Great Day!
Its a clear crisp Fall day here. Today, I feed them, Drive them, and
Pick them up . Sending hugs to All! Rabbit

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Rabbit, it's summer here. At least it has been today. The peach tree is losing its petals and already in lime-green leaf. The wisteria and jasmine are almost finished flowering but the fragrance is still very strong. Today especially, I saw people at the beach enjoying a swim, so the water must be warming up also. Today has been hot, 30 C (86 F).

We've had a very productive day. difficult child 3 worked mostly on his Maths study while easy child 2/difficult child 2 arrived early to begin sewing. I had cancelled my cleaner (he was one more factor I could do without) so I had to do my own hanging out of washing and also my own heavy stirring in the kitchen.

Bridesmaid No 4 arrived with her new baby and her dad. They were able to stay until 2.30 pm and in that time we got the dress mostly made. We still need to overlock the seams, adjust two back seams, finish the neckline (facing etc) and sew in the sleeves (currently tacked). Then time for another fitting and work on the hem. My friend has offered to do the overlocking and other bits of sewing for us including sewing the hem once we get it pinned exactly right. I had to call her at one point, she had the purple thread for the dress, so she told me how to break in to her house (ie which door she leaves unlocked even when staying away overnight) so we went down to rummage through her house to find one reel of purple cotton!

I cooked a quick lunch for us all and kept on with my chores while still being available to help with the sewing.

I still need to do a lot of my own sewing, I'm tired but had a chance to catnap once the bridesmaid and her dad had gone. I've had the crockpot working away but I'm not sure it's finished cooking yet. It could be leftovers again tonight. At least for difficult child 3.

The washing dried well - we've had a hot wind blowing all day which has dried four loads of my washing plus easy child 2/difficult child 2's load. Our washing machine takes twice as much as most others, thankfully the wind WAS drying clothes fast because we were running out of line constantly. I've done four sheets, four blankets and two loads of clothing.

I'm wrecked!

The final load was almost dry when the forecast storm began to move in. I got the two wool blankets off the line five minutes before the first raindrops. And I just checked the radar - it looks like the storms have passed.

Time to get difficult child 3's bedding to him so he can make up his bed.

And if I can tonight - I'll get MY sewing done. Maybe.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Rabbit-Enjoy the nice Autumn day!!:)

The first day of my favorite season has arrived! Looks like a cloudy and probably rainy start but since we haven't had any rain in September (other than .12 inches the other night) I guess it's o.k. I am hoping the rain doesn't come during recess times though!

After work today husband is taking easy child to get her hair done. It's been awhile and I know she is happy. My only plans are to hit the health club at some point!!

Hopefully it will be an early night as husband, difficult child, and I are all still coughing away!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Marg-You snuck in on me! Wow-your day sounds long and exhausting but productive! You should sleep very peacefully tonight!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning!

Rabbit, you are definately living the mom life!

Marg, hope you find some time to do what you need for you.

Sharon, I'm excited about fall starting today as well! Wish the temps were lower than 80 though - supposed to be close to 90 by Thursday.....

It's Tuesday so it's the office for me. Probably will only need a half day today - I'll come back here - there is always something to do in this big ole house!!!!

Have a great Tuesday!

Sharon

BusynMember

PERFECT!!!!! Sunny and in the 70's.

I'm exhausted from last night. Daughter had three volleyball games and three practice games afterwards (we watched them all). Then we had to drive her to who-knows-where so she could try off for traveling basketball. She made the team and we are out a good $200 because of it.

I just want to crawl back into bed, but it's my day to drive daughter and her friend to school :tongue:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Rabbit, it's dreary & supposed to rain a good part of the day. It's okay we need it badly.

Marg, your days sound like some of my weeks or even months. I cannot keep up with all you do.

Sharon, just the gym after work? Heaven!

Sharon (ldm), time at the office & time alone. Any good books on hand?

MWM, we had your weather yesterday - what a delight that your daughter made the team (sorry it costs so much to be a part of it though).

Sally, the wonder dog & I are up early - she had to go out & I had to get up & going anyway.

My mtg for kt was canceled yesterday; waiting to hear when it's rescheduled.

On a more pleasant note, my piano is being delivered this morning. I'm hoping there's a large enough break in the rain to get it in the door. It will be retuned right away & I'll be ready to play.

I have PT this afternoon - home to a nap of sorts & then cleaning that I didn't accomplish yesterday.

Have a good one, ladies.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Rabbit, enjoy the wonderful Fall day! I wish we had more seasonal weather like that here!

Marg, you never cease to amaze me with your productivity and self-sufficience :D Some days I can barely get the dishes washed around here. The wedding must be coming up soon... can't wait to see pics!

Sharon, I hope you all feel better and kick the coughs soon. difficult child 1 finally got over his cough from a cold he had in early AUGUST. Took about 6 weeks.

LDM, have a great day at the office -- at least it will be brief :)

MWM it can be a blessing and a curse to have kids involved in sports! But it's all good.

Linda, have fun tickling your new ivories! I'm sure you're excited to finally have it at your house.

The weather here is predicted to be VERY hot (high 90s or even triple digits) with moderate (30mph) dry "Santa Ana" winds that are a seasonal occurrence here from September thru February. It happens whenever there's a high pressure system over Utah/Nevada etc. This is a very dangerous situation in our area since we still have a wildfire that's been burning for over a month now. Fire crews have it 94% contained, but that was with cooperative weather. Everyone is afraid that the winds will send it raging again and out of control in new areas.

With last November's wildfire still fresh in our minds, husband and I cleared more brush yesterday and Sunday so that our back slope is free of flammable fuel. We do not want to go through that nightmare again!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Rabbit -

Its Wednesday here today - lol.......(sorry bout that haha I missed your post yesterday but liked the idea)

It's hot here. HOT HOT HOT - it's 88 - nothing fall about it here at all.

NOTHING. :mad:

I WANT COOLER WEATHER - someone please send some - please.

I have cool looking clothes I'd like to wear -

I think it's going to be 90 today.

UGH - ANYONE - SEND SOME FROST WOULD BE SWEET!!!!!

AND RABBIT HOW ABOUT IT TODAY?????