Good Morning Tuesday!

tiredmommy

Good Morning! :coffee:

Today is Duckie's last full day of school and my last day to volunteer. It will be a busy one because she will be in a talent show today and give out end of the year gifts to all her teachers today.:abouttime:

We made pet rocks complete with googly eyes, yarn hair & school tee shirt. I'm sure they'll each love it!:bigsmile:

husband just left for a business trip to Cleveland until late Thursday... please cross your fingers that all goes well with Duckie. She gets riled up when her Daddy isn't around.:crazy2:

Also, I need good thoughts and prayers for Friday: we have our annual summer kick-off pool party planned with 26 confirmed kids and 14 adults. :swimming:
They're calling for a chance of thunderstorms... Ugh!:windy:

Have a great day!:salute:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

TM, I hope Duckie is OK. Maybe last day of school and the excitement of holidays will be enough to help her hold it together. The pet rocks sound like fun.

husband had a day off today. He was home this morning then left for a doctor's appointment, did the shopping then met up with easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 at the real estate office to check over the lease for their new flat. They move in on Saturday. I just hope they can organise themselves well enough to live independently.

I'm not sure how they're going to organise it - they will want husband available on Saturday but he and difficult child 3 HAVE to go to the train track for a work day on Saturday. The kids haven't really got enough stuff to justify hiring a moving van - they own their bed (which can be taken apart), a TV, a couple of game systems, a desk computer, a laptop and their clothing and bedding. Apart from the bed (maybe) it all will fit into their car.

I might have a word with a friend from church who owns a truck. The usual deal is, we pay for his petrol for the trip and throw in a slab of tinnies - that means a carton of beer. For those who don't drink beer, a bottle of Scotch is the other option (usually you ask what their favourite tipple is).

Alternatively, the bed might fit in either husband's tiny Tardis van, or my larger people-mover.

I think I'm going to be stuck with easy child 2/difficult child 2's big pots of roses, though. I doubt they've got a balcony. It would need to be reinforced, anyway.

Life begins to get interesting!

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:beach:Good Tuesday Morning!!!!

TM, hope this is a great last day of school for Duckie and for you! difficult child and I delivered his end of the year teacher gifts (and when they get to middle school, it's a lot of teachers - we had 7 this year) a couple days before the last day since that last day is so hectic. I don't think middle and high school teachers get remembered as much because both easy child and difficult child's teachers seemed really happy and suprised :D. Hope the week is a smooth one for you two. Relax.

Marg, don't the kids have some friends that could help them move? Seems to be the way around here - friends pitch in and help with the move and in the end, they get pizza (and beer if they are old enough....)!!!

It's going to be a lovely day here at the eastern shore. High 80's and sunny. Yesterday was warm but overcast; which is always good for the skin but the water felt incredibly cold :frozen:!!!! difficult child asked easy child to bury him up to his neck in the sand yesterday. She did. Then she took pics on her phone and emailed it to all her friends!! he can't wait for her to do it again today - crazy kids.

We saw Get Smart last night. difficult child really wanted to go; easy child and I were really luckwarm. I never liked the original. Let me tell you, it was hilarious! The humor was great. At the end credits, I saw that Mel Brooks consulted on the film. No wonder......:crazy1:.

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-I think New York schools go later than anyone else in the country. It really is about time! The pet rocks sound adorable. Keeping my fingers crossed for no rain at the pool party on Friday! I also am sending good thoughts for Duckie doing well while husband is gone.:D

Marg-Sounds like a busy time for you. I bet it is so exciting for easy child/difficult child 2 and boyfriend to be getting their own place. Things will certainly start to be quieter at you place. :D

This morning difficult child has a psychiatrist appointment. I think it's been his longest stretch between appts. ever. The last one was April 30th.

difficult child has basketball camp again today! I'm not sure what I'm doing. I would love to get to the pool today but don't know if that will happen. husband needs to finish cleaning up his classroom and if he isn't done at time I will need to pick up difficult child which means no pool. We'll see.

Definitely at some point today I will get to the health club:exercisebike: Hopefully a nap will be squeezed in at some point.:sleeping: Have I mentioned how much I love the change of pace at summer especially summer naps?;)

Wishing everyone a day filled with smiles and laughter:flower:

Wiped Out

Staff member
LDM-You snuck in on me. Glad you are having fun at the beach. Thanks for the info on the movie-we're planning on taking difficult child:)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all you early risers. It's morning like this that makes me love summer. Bright sunny, clean feeling air, somewhat cool but with promise of heat. The birds are chirping since there was some rain last night. Feels like everything is lush and growing. (including the tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers and the flowers) Only the onions didn't take off. :beautifulthing:

TM, the pet rock sounds so cute. It's probably a welcome change from a coffee mug for the teachers. I'm sure all the kids are tickled to be done with school finally. Long school year or so it seems. Good luck with the pool party. Sounds like a nice annual event. I must admit my boys lived in the pool until they were about 10. Lots of group play and creative water tricks. LOL.

Marge, how exciting that one of your little chicks is starting her own nest. Best of luck to them. It's an exciting but frightening time for a new couple to start their lives together. :couple:

Wiped out, hope the pool is in your future. :beach: I could use some sun on my legs but this year I am doing the lotion that tints the skin. I figure it's better than blinding folks with the fish belly white legs. I don't know why I don't go over to the pool in the neighborhood. Hope difficult child enjoys basketball camp. husband is a big basketball player/lover. Unfortunately the younger guys seemed to be faster(couldn't possibly be that husband got slower).

LDM, cool about the movie being funny. I'll keep it on the list. I love that the kids loved playing together and in the sand. What great memories together. Enjoy your beach head and work on that tan.

I'm going to try to encourage mom to try some new recipes. The idea of altering her diet seems to have gotten her down. She sure doesn't like to change. I think it's all very overwhelming. When she doesn't want to do it, she says "well I'm 81, what do I expect" but when she wants something she is bull dog persistant until she gets it. :wildone:She is a little more emotional than before but I expect some of it is the stroke and some of it is normal stages of realizing that you are aging. I feel bad but I sure don't understand some of her logic. She oftens zeroes in on the negative. Oh well. It won't be too long before she tries independence again.

husband is off to finally get our taxes done.

difficult child has agreed to meet us at the family reunion this weekend. He had said no before but I figure he thinks he might get some good food and gifts. His grandparents haven't seen him since Christmas. husband's sister and brother haven't seen him in a couple of years so it will be nice. He will take a train from NJ to Difficult Child. Hopefully easy child will get a day off and surprise me too.

I'm going to try to use the floor scrubber on the carpet. I have done the floors frequently but haven't tried it on the rug. Wish me luck. Dogs sure do drool a lot.

Have a good day everyone. Enjoy the summer pace as Wiped Out mentioned.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

TM, hope duckie holds it together while husband is gone; the pet rocks sound adorable. Maybe I'll suggest that for kt as a thank you for her staff at day treatment.

Marg, we always fed anyone who helped us move pizza & beer; we also paid for gas. Keeping fingers crossed the move goes well.

Sharon (ldm), difficult child sounds like he's having a blast at the beach. Enjoy your time away.

Sharon (with-o), the pool & the weather will be there tomorrow. I think you should set up a kiddie pool for days like these!

kt is off to school & I'm enjoying the peace before husband gets up & heads to his office. For a man who's working from home he spends an incredible amount of time out of his office checking in on things.

I'm looking at my living/dining room & hoping to find the energy to vacuum today. Yesterday's errands seems to have done me in; I slept through alarms this morning - luckily we've got kt setting her alarm & she woke me up.

Enjoy your day friends - hope you all accomplish what you've set out to do.

Marguerite

A quick note on the kids' house move - they are getting BF2's dad to bring over a mate's flat-bed truck. That will take care of the bed. Probably take care of everything else too, all in one trip.

You all sound like you're having so much fun, with movies, the beach and holidays. We have this week and then one more week of school, then it's holidays - for two weeks. Midyear holidays, for us. Then term 3 coming up!

Marg