Good Morning Tuesday

Marguerite

G'day, folk.

We've actually had some rain today - about 17 mm (about half an inch). Most of the time it felt like a damp mist but there must have been times when it was heavier than that.

Today was the first day of the new school year, although only teachers go back officially, on the first day. Teachers, and difficult child 3. Because I'm a mean mum and I insisted (and bribed). Besides, this is a major year for his schooling, he need to really work at his education this year.

We had a quiet day today, I didn't push to go to the beach since it was still damp and I hate the way sand sticks to you when it's raining even a little bit. Instead, difficult child 3 went for a walk on the clifftops after he finished for the day.

Tomorrow I'm going shopping with mother in law. difficult child 3 will stay home and we talked this afternoon about what subjects he will work on. In a couple of days I will ring his school and make appointments to meet with teachers, and for difficult child 3 to have a couple of face-to-face lessons. In the meantime he needs to have completed at least some work for each subject.

Tomorrow the rain stops and the heat flows back. Not that it's cold at the moment - it's warm, but stifling because the humidity is 100%. So tonight is probably going to be another unpleasantly warm night.

I do love summer, I have to keep reminding myself. I do love summer, I do love summer...

but tomorrow we'll be in the air conditioning and enjoying it very much!

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

Janna

Morning, Marg!

Shopping sounds fun! I don't blame you for starting difficult child 3 earlier, I would have too, just to get it started.

Little bit of snow means 2 hour delay. I'm up at 5 AM for nothing. Yippee LOL! J has an evaluation at the school today, he's behind in his studies, so they, of course, want to see what's going on. Of course, that means there's a problem - it couldn't just be that NCLB is tough and the cirriculum would be hard?

So, I'll do that and putz around in the snow. Gonna try to get my 3 miles in too (and I do an additional 2 mile walk with D when he gets home!).

Everyone have a good day

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-I hate that really sticky heat but if it's any consolation it's -7 here with a wind chill of -16.:2cold:Was difficult child 3 upset about starting school a day early? Enjoy your shopping tomorrow!

As I said it is cold here which probably means another day of indoor recess. I don't mind it so much on Tuesdays because that's my recess duty morning.

Had a great workout at the club last night. husband and I usually do a 40 minute cardio on our cardio only days but we were both ivolved in different t.v. shows so we worked out for 65 minutes! I biked 17 miles!

Tonight is difficult child's final sleep study to fit him with his mask. I really hope he won't fight the mask because it could really help him. I hope the place has a comfortable bed-I need to sleep well tonight!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: Hi if you snuck in!

LittleDudesMom

:bigsmile: Good Morning Marg, Janna, and all to follow!

Marg, I love the summer for various reasons - schools out, less structured schedule, the beach - but I don't love that humidity!!!! We have a very moist enviornment and the moisture in the air is a killer! Have fun shopping tomorrow :shopping:!!

Janna, heck it's not even snowing here and easy child's school is on a two hour delay!! difficult child will not be happy when he finds he's on regular schedule and sissy gets to sleep in!! Hope J's assesments go well today.

Sharon, sounds like a great workout! Good luck with difficult child tonight - wishing you a "marshmellow bed and a fluffy pillow"!!!!

I'm going to hit the gym and then the office today. A boring Tuesday. But hey, I opened my eyes and my feet hit the floor!!!!

Hope everyone has a good day :peaceful:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, I too hate high humidity. Have fun shopping & enjoy the a/c.

Janna, up at 5 a.m means quiet time before the kiddos get up & get crazy. Have a good walk today.

Sharon (with-o), sending you wishes for a comfy bed with a fluffy pillow tonight.

Sharon (ldm), what's a 2 hour delay? MN just never seems to call off school ~ it's proof of our "hardiness".

"Hi" if you snuck in.

kt is struggling to wake this morning but she can sleep til 6 with-o any worries.

I have a huge annual CADI & risk management mtg for kt here this afternoon. We're bringing in a different Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) team (the same that wm is using - finally) & setting up goals that are far more significant & useful than the old Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) team was insistent upon. There will be 9 people here this afternoon - ugh.

I'll be spending the morning attempting to push the vacuum about & spot cleaning the house.

Have a good day all. Hope your day is calm & safe. Hug your loved ones.

artana

Good morning!! I can't stay long. I am teaching classes at work today and did yesterday too, so I won't be able to be on the boards. I hate falling behind!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning.
I typed a hello to all of you but I hit a key and it disappeared. Sorry. I guess I'm not good at multi tasking anymore.
Janna, it's been a long time since I have seen you. How are the two older boys?

I'm at mom's. We signed the medical POA in the event it is needed. We have a doctor's appointment today and one tomorrow. The plan is for mom to come back home with me for a few months. We hope to head back to less snow and NC soon.

Have a productive day.

Andy

GOOD MORNING!

Marg - Happy beginning of a new school year. difficult child 3 has done well.

I am ready to smash this computer again. When I do the morning thread, I open the reply post and scroll down to read the 1st entry, scroll back up to respond, scroll down to read the 2nd, scroll up to respond, ect.

Andy

GOOD MORNING!

Marg - Happy beginning of a new school year. difficult child 3 has done well.

Janna - Enjoy the extra hours. I hope the meeting at school goes well.

Wiped Out - I hope all goes well tonight.

Little Dude's Mom - Sometimes boring days are

Timer - Good luck this afternoon.

Artana - I love teaching classes at work. Do you have all day sessions?

I am ready to smash this computer again. When I do the morning thread, I open the reply post and scroll down to read the 1st entry, scroll back up to respond, scroll down to read the 2nd, scroll up to respond, ect. Well, this laptop broke again two nights ago (thus you haven't heard much from me but I have been lurking.) I can't stand the stupid scroller not working (and will someone PLEASE call our house right now and tell husband to SHUT UP!!!). It either will not work at all, or it will go whacky scrolling up and down and not stop. Then husband will not keep his mouth shut so that I can think to type. I already refused to do something for him and told him that I am trying to get this done so I can get going for the day. He is so much the same as the kids when it comes to not knowing how to be quiet when someone is working on something! And what is it with him lately? He seems to be getting worse.

O.K. husband has finally left the room!

There is training set up at work for 6:00 am - 9:30 am today, tommorrow, and Friday. I need to go over and find out which times I need to be there on Friday. I am cleaning out another year of files and thinking I should do the same for last years? No room in the new office for ANYTHING so I have to rethink how I use my files and what papers are the most important to keep. Most I can pull from charts if need be in the future.

O.K., now that husband has left, difficult child thinks he has to bug me. I am out of here! I need to get dressed - take non-easy child's friend to her work, stop and fill up with gas (I am on empty and too cold to breathe outside), take difficult child to school, check in at the new facility, and hopefully back to work by 9:00.

Good morning to anyone who snuck in. This computer will not allow me to go back and properly greet you in a timely manner.

artana

Adrianne,
I just saw this. Yes, I teach 3-4 day classes that I design. It's all software and hardware use and upkeep. I like it.:)