Good Morning Wednesday

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

The middle of the week is here! I'm surviving on just a few hours of sleep so I'm feeling rather tired. I just couldn't get to sleep last night.

I also didn't make it to the club yesterday because I was too lazy. husband had a headache and I was too tired to motivate myself to go alone.

Hopefully I have a fun day ahead. We are taking our students to a Milwaukee Brewer game! The kids are very excited! It's a long day as we won't get home til around 5:00 but at least it is for something fun. I'm glad they have a retractable roof as the forecast is for some rain.

I hope to also get back on track with the club tonight but we shall see.

Wishing everyone a day filled with reasons to smile and laugh:flowers:

LittleDudesMom

:swimming: Good Morning Friends!

Sharon, sounds like a fun day for your "kids" today. Don't feel bad if you don't get to the gym tonight - I'm sure you will do plenty of walking and such on your trip!

Man, summer has arrived with a vengance here in central va. Tornados, severe thunder storms with hail and high wind, and temps in the mid 90's :thunderstorm:. This weather pattern with late afternoon/evening thunder boomers and high temps and humidity should continue until at least the middle of next week!

Gym this morning and then lots of little things to be done around the house. This evening we have easy child's DECA banquet. That should be fun. Bonehead will be hanging with difficult child and taking him to dinner while easy child and attend the dinner banquet.

Wishing you a good middle of the week. Hope it's a smooth one for you and yours :jumping:.

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon (with-o), you are the farthest thing from lazy ~ busy, exhausted but not lazy. The last week(s) of school are the busiest of the year; you'll get back on track once the school year ends.

Sharon (ldm), we're having the same weather (storms, tornados, etc) but without the high temps. by the way, what's DECA?

Woke up before the alarm this morning & am enjoying the quiet before waking kt for school. She has a talent show & graduation from day treatment program at school today so I'll be heading out to attend that event.

Interviewing yet another PCA today (we have 35 hours/week to fill); she's a psychology student specializing in teens. She also is a swim teacher, life guard & something else. kt would be part of her internship. Just have to make sure that she understands the treatment plan & that she doesn't direct it. Some of these PCAs feel they have the answer & can "cure" my children.

Have a good day, all.

LittleDudesMom

Linda, DECA is an international student business/marketing organization that easy child belongs to (once you get to the college level, DECA turns into a frat/sor and I cannot remember the Greek name). It is with that group that she has done her traveling this year (within the state as well as competitions in San Antonio and Atlanta). She has been elected as president for her county's chapter next year and will be inducted tonight.

The organization teachers young people how to present themselves in a professional manner, how to represent themselves in the best light, how to dress and act for an interview, how to apply for scholorships, etc. It is basically a prep for what skills these kids will need as they mature. They role play by making business plans, they do a lot of community service, and they compete with other DECA students on a local, state, national and international level. It has been a great thing for easy child!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

It's cold, windy and wet here. According to the satellite image, we've got a great deal more rain coming in from the north-east. Many of the coastal rivers north of us are in flood and the road north from our "island" is cut by floodwaters.

Sharon/Wiped, sorry you missed out on the gym. You go so often, you should be OK if you miss only one night.

Sharon/LDM,sounds like your storms are giving you a lot of trouble. Summer should be enjoyed, not be a time of defending yourself against the elements. I hope it settles down a bit for you. DECA sounds like a very useful organisation.

Linda, I hope kt's talent show goes well.
I also get "narky" with support staff who think they have the Answer to help my child. While I am always willing to listen to new ideas, I dislike it when people assume that I am simply not interested in their brilliant schemes because I'm not falling over myself with excitement. Sometimes it's because I've already been there done that and know it wouldn't work. Like the pharmacist's wife who told me I was wrong to "drug my kids into submission" and should instead use natural stimulants such as caffeine - because it worked for her. She didn't want to believe me when I told her that caffeine made difficult child 1 aggressive and difficult child 3 even more hyperactive.

Today we had a quiet study day, followed by a long drive (thanks to the flood) to difficult child 3's drama class. I grabbed the opportunity to buy more meat supplies because tomorrow is my house cleaning and washing day. With all this rain I won't be able to wash, so I'll have a cooking binge instead, preparing stews, casseroles and curries for the weekend's influx of people. I'll have to do a smaller amount of washing over the weekend and use my friend's dryer. A pest - I HATE having to use her dryer, because access is via an outdoor basement under her deck, to a room which floods when it rains because a spring flows into it. I think I'll suggest she paint a Madonna on the wall so it can 'cry miraculous tears' when it rains. She can make money from selling souvenirs to all the pilgrims, and maybe make enough to build a proper laundry, upstairs! I'm sure her current laundry would be much more appropriate as a grotto... but she would never do it. Too many scruples.

Enjoy your Wednesday, everybody.

Marg