Good Morning Wednesday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Another glorious sunny day in beautiful sunny Sydney. Of course, the heatwave ends in a few hours, we've been told. Tomorrow is going to be cooler, cloudy and maybe with a little rain. But today - hot, sunny. We waited until mid afternoon before heading to the beach. With husband having my car, I had to rely on a friend to drive me. We just got to the beach and had a quick swim (the water was just right, not too warm and certainly not too cold) and were lying on the warm sand, when the dark clouds overhead began to send down some big raindrops. Normally we'd have stayed put (it almost always passes over) but she had left some building materials and plasterboard on her deck, exposed to the elements, and needed to get it under cover. So we headed back to her house just in time for the rain to stop! Because they've forecast storms tonight (with maybe rain) we helped her get it all under shelter anyway, then she drove me to the local mechanic's to collect husband's car. By that time she felt it was a bit too late to go back to the beach, so we headed home. I wish now I'd gone back to the beach - it's 9 pm and really hot. I just went for a walk - I'd sent difficult child 3 to mother in law's to hose her garden for her, tonight is garden hosing night. And he was taking a long time to come back, it's almost time for hoses to be turned off. So now difficult child 3 is back home eating his (late) dinner - salad - and the gardens have been hosed. The air is still and warm, there are a few people out walking their dogs or just trying to get a bit of air, with no luck. If husband wasn't so desperately in need of an early night (after getting his sister to the 6 am flight this morning) I'd be suggesting a swim.

Oh, well... tomorrow I have my cleaning day, I also need to do some cooking but I don't think I need to rely too much on my cleaner for help there. Then on Friday (still forecast to be overcast) I'm taking mother in law grocery shopping.

So the week is mapped out for us.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Rabbit

Good Morning All!
Its raining and cold here.
Nothing much planned for today. Therapy appointment
for difficult child 3 and a few errands to run.
Marg and everyone: Enjoy your Day!!!!!!!
Hugs Rabbit

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning: Good Wednesday Morning Everyone!

Marg, the beach trip sounds quick but nice. With the chores on the list for tomorrow, it's good that the weather is turning - otherwise you would feel cheated were you spend every hour inside!

Rabbit, it's cold and raining here. The forecaster is not sure since there is a 30 degree difference between the mountains just to our west and the beach just to our east. It could be in the 40's or it could be in the high 50's. Hope your day is a good one.

I'll be hitting the gym for water fitness this morning then back home by 10:30 or so to tackle that sleeping porch upstairs and put away the christmas blitz! That should take a good while. I'll finish upstairs with a few little things that need to be done and then hopefully have some time to make a few phone calls on my list.

I hope your day is a good one :peaceful:!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-The beach trip sounds great even though it was short. How far is it to your beach?

Rabbit-I hope you have a relaxing day.

Sharon-Enjoy the health club. Sounds busy after that. I still have my tree up-I meant to take it down Sunday and ran out of time. Of course, husband and easy child are no help-they like it so much they want to keep it up year round! They want to do red decorations for Valentines, green for St. Patrick's day, and on and on... Not gonna happen though. I think it would take away from the specialness at Christmas.

Work for me today and a call to the dentist about the pain from yesterday that I posted about in the wc. I'm hoping I can actually eat breakfast today.

Nothing on the schedule so far after work, hopefully a visit to the health club. Book club is tonight but the week has been too busy so as much as I love book club, I'm skipping tonight.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

Marguerite

Sharon/WO, our beach is literally at the end of our street. I'll have to measure it, but I think it's maybe half a kilometre at most, probably less. But it's a steep hill to walk back up, so with my legs not working too well, I usually either drive or take my granny scooter. We have a couple of other beaches we go to also, they're a bit further away. The one we went to yesterday was about ten minutes' drive away in the next village. I had to chuckle at your husband & easy child's plans for year-round tree decorations. It seems a lot of trouble to go to, just to avoid putting the tree away!

Sharon/LDM, I'll have plenty to do tomorrow. I hope you get through your list to make the necessary phone calls.

Rabbit, I hope you get all your errands run and the appointment goes well for difficult child 3.

The cool change has finally arrived - it's mostly dry, unfortunately. I'm glad difficult child 3 watered the garden for me.

I've been waiting for difficult child 3 to finally have his shower and head for bed. He's been working on his (very old) laptop computer today, trying to speed it up. It's currently running a diagnostic which he has to leave overnight. I just hope it doesn't overheat, in our current hot weather. Oh well, if it does then it could be another insurance claim. difficult child 3 has just hit the showers, washing off today's salt (the beach, then a lot of sweat). While I've been waiting I've been digging out easy child 2/difficult child 2's films, the short ones she's been in (with no payment) for the experience and fun. I keep remembering yet another one she's done. It's only been a few y ears, but with each one technology has improved since. The first one she did was a leading role, but we were very disappointed in the final film, it was so badly put together. However, husband discovered a few days ago that newer technology is reading the disk better, because it turns out the student who burned the copy for easy child 2/difficult child 2 burned a DVD to a CD, and our old DVD player had trouble reading it. So we're going to re-burn it now we can read it better, so it will play better. We can use it to make a showreel disk for her and include the feature films she's done professionally since. It's been interesting to see her progress, and to see the range of characters she's played. She's 22 now and still looks 14! The film I found tonight, she was playing a girl in her early 20s and really had to work at it to look old enough.

I'm going outside for a few minutes to stand in the wind to cool down before bed. husband is already in bed and asleep - poor darling, he's so tired after the early start this morning.

G'night, all.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Marg - I hope the forecast for a cooler day comes true for tomorrow. It is nice that difficult child 3 can help mother in law with watering.

Rabbit - Have a great day!

Little Dude's Mom - I hope you find the time for all your plans today.

Wiped Out - I hope the dentist is able to help with that painful jaw. Too bad you are going to miss the book club but it will be good to have a night at home. I know the pain from the jaw must be taking its toll.

Yesterday I found out about an out of town meeting I am asked to attend on Friday. Winter driving makes me nervous but I will be going with someone (I will still drive) and it is freeway driving the entire way. Right now with freezing sleet/snow forecast - hopefully the meeting will be postponed. I hear last year's meeting for Jan was canceled and the next time the meeting was held, it was April because bad weather each time it was set up.

Today there is a non-mandatory meeting from 2:30 - 4:00 that I want to attend. I usually don't go to staff meetings outside my work hours but I think this one may be on our new facility which we move into early next month. Non-easy child diva will pick difficult child up from school at 3:00.

Last night at 7:00 I got a phone call asking if I was going to a meeting at church. I did not put my board monthly meeting on the calendar and had forgot. I have only attended it the 1st Tuesday of every month for several years now - guess my heart is no longer in it. difficult child was in the middle of rolling up the caramel rolls so I let him finish preparing the pan for the rolls to rise and off to the meeting we went. It was so refreshing to get there and find the incoming chair person leading the meeting. He also had to be called and arrived before me. He didn't realize that this was still my meeting to lead but I was very happy to hand over the reigns early since I was not prepared to lead a meeting last night.

This morning's temp is zero degrees F with wind chills of -20 degrees F. We are suppose to get up to 7 degrees F today.

Everyone have a great day. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

artana

Good morning all,
Just a short greeting this morning. The kids were good yesterday and great on the bus. Yay! Here's to hoping that they keep doing well.