Good Morning Wednesday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

It's getting so I have to check the calendar to see what day it is. I am so tired, because I'm not sleeping well although I just had a lovely half hour doze waiting in the car for difficult child 3 who was at tennis class. I did take a fragment of sleeping tablet last night, will probably do the same tonight. But I got woken early this morning, husband had a message on his mobile phone that indicated my sister W (the conduit for information on our dying sister) had rung at almost midnight last night and we had missed the call.

It could only mean bad news, so I rang her back even though it was before dawn. Turned out she hadn't rung us last night. We think it's a glitch in the phone service - I rang them to complain, my nerves are stretched like a violin E string. They're telling me the problem is the network has been upgraded, making our phones (about five years old) obsolete. I'm not happy about that - we pay for a service, and the service to our phones has been downgraded yet we pay the same. I feel a call to the Telecommunications Ombudsman coming on...

My sister J is still hanging on. I've posted in Watercooler - I won't repeat myself here. I've had no fresh news for today.

We have to go visit mother in law tonight for dinner, it's sis-in-law's last night over here, she flies back home tomorrow morning. I'm cooking dinner (it's OK - it gives me time thinking, not having to talk to anyone because I'll have the exhaust fan going loudly in my ear as an excuse). I'm begging off choir tonight, I'm too wound up and "emotionally labile" to 'gee up' the choir and get them motivated. The news is just too new.

difficult child 3 is having trouble wrapping his head around this and isn't good at being appropriate. I'm having to be very patient with him - getting angry at him solves nothing, teaches him nothing.

I hear husband getting home - it's time for me to grab things and head to mother in law's.

Enjoy your Wednesday. Sorry to be such a downer on everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy St. Patrick's Day,

Marg-I'm so sorry you are going through all of this right now. Your sister and your entire family remains in my daily prayers. I hope you are able to rest well tonight. Gentle hugs to you.

We have a sunny St. Patrick's day on tap for today. We are suppose to hit 62 degrees!!! I wish I could will this weather to stay but I know what is headed our way later in the week and early next week. The dreaded "S" word is in the forecast for the weekend!

Should be a fun day at school-my student teacher is very excited about St. Patrick's Day and has plans to make this a great day:st_patrickguy:

After work today I have class and then a visit to see difficult child in the psychiatric hospital. Long day ahead with probably no visit to the health club-wish I had an unlimited supply of energy so I could make myself go today.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:st_patrickguy:

LittleDudesMom

:st_patrick:Good Wednesday Morning!

Marg, don't think you are being a downer. It's life my friend - and it is what it is! Our motto around here, right? One of the great things about being a member of this board is being able to share through the good, the bad, and the ugly. I hope you take another pill tonight. My mom does what you do - she'll take a partial. You, your family, and your sister and her family are in my daily prayers as well.

Sharon, Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too! I've got just enough Irish in me to claim this as a holiday! We are hitting 65 today - strange our temps are about the same. easy child is on spring break and she is coming over today to help me do some spring clean up and prep out back. I'm starting to think about getting my patio open for the season! Have fun today.

I'll be home working all day today. This morning, after dropping off difficult child, I want to work in the living room and dining room. I don't clean those rooms every week and want to spend an hour or so working on them before I head outside and begin the great spring clean up out back!

Enjoy your day :st_patrickguy:

Sharon