Good Morning Wednesday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Well, I didn't get to the beach today, but I did scoot past it a few times in the sun. I've been wearing just a singlet top (and a skirt, of course!) so I'm getting plenty of Vitamin D. I didn't get to the beach in my swimsuit today because it was cool enough with the ocean breeze. I was happy just to be within sight of the beach and enjoy the view as I went past. There are more tourists in town now, although the beach is still blessedly empty midweek.

I had to drop in some computer files to a woman at the other end of the village, and it was further than I thought, my scooter battery was almost flat by the time I got home.

Tomorrow is forecast to be hotter; I didn't realise that when I offered to take mother in law Christmas shopping. So we'll be in the mall when I would otherwise have tried to get to the beach. Unless she decides she's too tired to go, which is a possibility. Whichever way it goes, it will be a productive day.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:thanksgiving2:Good Morning Friends!

Everyone must be busy prepping for the holiday or working to make sure they have some time off this nice long holiday weekend!

Marg, at least you got a chance to look at the water! Perhaps you and mother in law could plan on shopping early so you can still hit the sand later....

Here begins my favorite time of the year! Not only do I love he holiday season, but I love the cold nights, the chance of snow, the fireplace blazing, and more time spent with family.

I'm at the office doing the payroll so our employees can take home their checks today since they are all off on Friday. Bonehead is feeling very generous today and working everyone till noon but paying for the full 8 hours! Even he is in a better mood!

I'm going to try and get everything done so I can sneak by the chocolate store and get some little chocolate turkeys and pilgrims for the Thanksgiving table tomorrow - difficult child is out at 11 so I'll need to boogie fast this morning.....

Better start now,
Have a great day,
Sharon

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL
.​
I get to start the day with a very angry difficult child because I told him we most likely will not be going down until tomorrow. I get so frustrated that my neither of my kids have the common sense to stay safe. I guess my sister's husband is the same way as well as some colleges on exam days. Doesn't matter how dangerous it is out there, you best get to your destination or as Diva thinks doesn't matter how dangereous it is out there, someone will freeze their butts off and put themselves in danger to come get you! (SELFISH, SELFISH, SELFISH!)

We may not (probably will not) be taking our Thanksgiving trip tonight. We will most likely wait until tomorrow or even Friday morning to head out. Doesn't sound like we will get much snow but the freezing rain/sleet under the snow and the winds creating whiteout conditions warrant a precautionary change of plans.

I took today off of work on packing and be ready to leave after school if the weather looks like it will behave. I will try to take the dogs to the kennel on my own this afternoon. It is in the country and a long driveway that I do not want to deal with if the weather does get bad.

difficult child can't understand that it does not matter when we get where we are going. It is just sister in law and brother in law and us - no one else to inconvience with a change of plan and no plans for Thanksgiving Day outside of the meal (except I usually take the kids to a movie while everyone watches the game but neither of them ever talk about looking forward to that so it is not an issue).

I think our first event planned is Friday mid afternoon (2:30?).

Well, I best get to my packing. I am such a poor procrastinator and once it gets a hold of me, nothing gets done. It is getting worse and worse as each year goes on. Once I start a project than my motivation usually sticks but getting going is not the easiest.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning!

Marg, you will be at the beach at some point, I just know it! Enjoy shopping with mother in law.
Sharon, your Thanksgiving day plans sound like they are coming along very nicely. Have a happy day~
Andy, I'm sorry difficult child is giving you such a hard time about the weekend plans. Ignore, ignore, ignore - as much as you possibly can! I hope it's all enjoyable for everyone by the time it arrives!

I was able to have coffee and breakfast with my mom again this morning. I cannot tell you how it makes my whole better that I get to spend that small 1/2 hour with her in the morning. I met the dietician this morning and went over her diabetic diet...learned there have been a lot of changes in the way they feed diabetics over the years! Wow = donuts used to be taboo, apparently not anymore.

difficult child is leaving tonight with her boyfriend (E) for LI to see her dad's family for the holiday and returning tomorrow night late. easy child is catering a pre-holiday Thanksgiving party this evening and heading to LI as well. H and I will be at my sister's locally which is also where my mom will for the day. Should be nice - I will have to load up on asthma drugs because she's got a lot of cats and dogs, ugh.

Have a great day everyone! We get out of work at 1 today! Hooray!

hexemaus2

Old hand
Good morning everyone!

Marg - I am soo jealous. The beach...oh...I wanna cry. I miss the beach. We went a couple of times over the summer on long weekends. It was breathtaking and so, so very relaxing. When you do get there, close your eyes and just listen to the surf for me for a minute or two. I love that sound.

LDM - Enjoy this wonderful time of the year.

Andy - Hugs, hon. I don't miss angry difficult child days in the slightest, so you have my utmost sympathies there. It sure can ruin a day, can't it? Hopefully, your weekend is enjoyable, even if there's difficult child grumpiness involved.

H&R - Glad you got to enjoy time with your Mom. My father just finished his first diabetic class yesterday. I was equally surprised when Mom told me some of the things he can/can't have. Definitely different than what I remember of others I've known over the years.

We will be hiding out this Thanksgiving. The original plan was to go to Mom & Dads in AL. Unfortunately, we couldn't get all the animals covered for the weekend, so we are home instead. I didn't tell any of the family here that plans have changed. I think I'd rather just hang out with the guys instead. difficult child 3 is a vegetarian, so his vote is for ordering in pizza for tomorrow. difficult child 2 soooo doesn't care what we eat, so long as there's something. lol. I'm thinking I might make some of our traditional sides to go with dinner, but I doubt I'll do the turkey thing. Seems kind of silly to cook a big bird and all the trimmings when difficult child 2 really doesn't care and difficult child 3 won't eat half of it because it has some form of meat or meat broth in it. I have some really nice ham steaks in the freezer, so we might do those with some homemade mac & cheese, dressing (out of a box,) and green beans. I will, of course, be making pumpkin pies and pumpkin bread later today though. Those are a must, according to the difficult children. lol.

For today, however, I have a lot of work to get done. It's a short week, so all my deadlines are either today or next Monday. I'd like to wipe them all out so I can take a long weekend and do NOTHING. I like doing nothing. It's very nice. difficult children call it boredom. I call it relaxing. lol.

Have a happy holiday, everyone!