Good Morning Wednesday

Marguerite

G'day people.

Well, I skipped on the beach and went out with husband instead. We bought a pair of shoes and pair of sandals each, then husband was able to buy a pair of trousers which he needs. A few groceries, then we left. We were home by 3.30 pm but husband didn't want to go to the beach right then, and by the time he did, it was really too late for me because it was time to get dinner on.

I'll go tomorrow - I have some baking to do in the morning, I'll get my bread dough rising in the day's heat while I go for a swim, then put it on to bake when I get back. We've just invited relatives for lunch on Saturday at mother in law's and I'm baking three foccaccias for it.

So that's two days in a row that husband & I have gone post-Christmas shopping. He commented yesterday, and again today, that despite the crowds and obvious frustrations in the heavy traffic and lack of parking, there were no horns blowing, no threatening gestures. We heard a car horn today - a bloke had his parking space stolen and was trying to alert the thieving driver to his offence. But it worked out - we were just leaving and the bloke who had missed out on his parking space, got you take ours. And ours was in the shade AND closer to the store, so the fella was better off after all. Parking in the sun in Sydney's summer - the car can get unpleasantly hot, very fast. If it's in the sun you can't stay in the parked car, not even with windows down.

The next week or so is forecast to be sunny and hot. I'm hoping to enjoy some beach time in there, as well as get some bookwork done in between at home. It's all a matter of balance...

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone:bloodshot::coffee2:,

Marg, Hope your cold is almost gone and you're feeling better. Glad you're going to get some time at the beach tomorrow:beach:...ENJOY!!!

In a rush this morning. Just want to wish everyone a good day... SFR

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-New shoes are always fun!! Glad you will get to the beach tomorrow! Sounds like a lot of baking on your agenda-wish I could be there to taste it!!

SFR-Hope your day is a fun one!

Good thing I had boot camp this morning because we went out to dinner at a friends last night and had a full turkey dinner! It was delicious and the sparkling cherry wine was good too!

Today we plan on rearranging our room a bit and mostly just relaxing. I was all set to make a chicken cacciatore (sp?) in the crockpot-was really looking forward to trying out this recipe-of course-I forgot to thaw the chicken! Guess I won't be making it in the crock-pot-I do have a really good recipe for one in the microwave which I'll do instead, the only thing is even though it's in the micro it is surprisingly time intensive.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!!

LittleDudesMom

Morning Ladies!

Marg, I've missed the after holiday sales here - I did run out with easy child and get some 1/2 price wrapping paper though!

SFR, hope your day is a good one.

Sharon, pop that chicken on the defrost setting on your microwave! Have fun today.

Some house work this morning, grocer and taking easy child to get an oil change a little later and then difficult child and I are supposed to head to the theatre.......

Wishing all a good day!

Sharon

L

liz

Good Morning Everyone!!:mornincoffee:

We are trying to keep it low key, but you know how it is best laid plans and all...and with a difficult child to boot!! :hangin:

I have been procrastinating on all the things that I *was* gonna get done while hubby was home to "referee" the kids. LOL! He has been WAY more than me! Now today is the day to start tackling some of that stuff!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

svengandhi

OMG! I am SO jealous. I have been housebound for 3 days because on top of the horrible snow our gutter collapsed and leaked icy water onto our ramp.