Good Morning Wednesday

Marguerite

G'day people, from the sunny side of the world.

Crikey, it's hot! Last night at Olympic Park, it was 35 C. That's 95 F, in the middle of the night! No wonder we can't sleep... but then, up north they're coping with Cyclone Yasi pounding them.We've had Category 5 cyclones before but this one will be the worst cyclone ever in our history. They've done everything they could to prepare, now it's waiting.

Down here we're also breaking records with the heat. I didn't go for a swim today, I didn't want to risk sunburn. I was going yo swim with husband when he got home but he just rang - the train rails buckled in the heat, he will be late. So - no swim.

I'm about to head off for choir practice tonight. I don't much feel like singing, it's too hot. But I have to go, I'm the conductor!

Tomorrow husband & I see one of our doctors, his hospital is air conditioned. After that I have shopping to do in the mall, including sorting out my poor Smartphone that I took for a swim on Monday. They do not like immersion in the sea! I'm looking forward to being cool in the mall, but chances are the place will be packed.

My skin feels prickly from dried sweat. Outside the sky is darkening with storm clouds, all the evaporated sea from today. We could be in for a storm. But it will probably be a dry one - it's too hot to rain properly, much of it evaporates on the way down.

Enjoy your Wednesday. Come and share our heat!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:mornincoffee:Good Morning Friends!

Marg, your summer temps definitely sound like the hot and muggy summers here in the south eastern part of the states! mid to high 90's are the norm for July and August around here.

Talk about warm, (Sharon, you are not listening are you?) it's actually 56 degrees here this morning! difficult child and I were just watching the reports on the news about all the ice, snow, wind and cold around the country and it is like a spring morning here - freaky. We are supposed to hit almost 70 this afternoon.

I hope your day is a smooth one :hugs:

Sharon

H

HaoZi

Marg, hope you get some relief from the heat today.

LDM, I want your weather.

Kiddo's school canceled last night, no surprise there. Roads look nasty this morning. Most of the snow/ice is supposed to be over by now, but temps are set to take a major dip. Haven't wandered downstairs to see how bad my truck is drifted in/iced over. Don't wanna go to work, can't afford not to. Neighbor will luckily watch kiddo again today. Didn't lose power overnight luckily. Cat must have been spooked he slept in my room and usually sleeps in the hallway.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-That heat would be welcome here right now-it could melt the snow so I wouldn't have to shovel!! Stay cool!

Sharon-I am listening! I think you should come visit so you could have your fill of snow:blizzard: Enjoy your springlike weather!! Hope it's o.k. for me to be a little jealous:winks:

HaoZi-Stay safe on those roads!!

We are really snowed in here! It was something to watch last night. It reminds me very much of the Wisconsin blizzards we read about with my students when studying WI immigration! I can definitely see why in those days people could get lost in a blizzard going out to their barns!

The winds here are incredible-last night they were gusting up to 45 mph! Today and tonight are temps are going to dip majorly-the wind chill will get down to 30 below. I can hardly wait to start shoveling-NOT! easy child/difficult child will have to help some and husband will do what he can but right now his back isn't good. difficult child ends up making more of a mess.
I've never seen drifts as high as this. The sidewalk looks even with the snow on the grass!

Wishing everyone a day filled with smiles. If you are in the path of this storm stay safe!!

H

HaoZi

AHAHAHA. Get all the ice off the truck FINALLY and come upstairs to a text that work is dead and they don't need me to come in.