Good morning Wednesday

Marguerite

ual it's nearly Thursday as I post this. Got to head for bed soon. Tomorrow is a busy day.

We had another sort of busy day today too. I headed out about lunchtime to collect difficult child 3 from college then we went to our club where he got some schoolwork done then we played a game of snooker. We stay out on the mainland until his drama class, then head home. Got there about 9 pm tonight. Raining all the way home, with the rain evaporating of the road in steam which swirled as we drove through it. difficult child 3 was certain there was hail in the rain; I don't think so. Lots of lightning though. And maybe by tomorrow the road will be flooded again.

The floods in the rest of the state - the Sydney floods have subsided, although this fresh lot of rain could bring water levels back up again. But other rain that fell about the same time, landed in the more inland rivers, they have a huge catchment and take weeks to drain. Each city downstream has between hours and days, in some cases weeks, of warming that there is a big flood on the way. Currently we have previously drought-stricken areas underwater. An area larger than France is currently underwater in our state alone. Wagga (our biggest inland city) has just survived the flood, the levees just managed to save the business centre. If the flood had been a foot higher, that would have been it. Now the next town downstream (Griffith) has several days to prepare, as the water heads their way.

This is the Riverina district, the food basket of the state (and much of the country).

There has been one death so far from the floods - a car load of blokes drove into a flooded creek in the dark a few days ago, one of them didn't get out of the car in time. Emergency services are doing a marvellous job. No looting, it's all being supervised well. And the dams are full!

I've got to get a load of washing on before I head for bed, tomorrow is a housework/cooking/washing day, regardless of the rain. A small load (or load of smalls) has to be done.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Marg, I can't even begin to imagine what the floods are like!! Mother Nature has been way too busy, massive flooding in your country, tornadoes in ours. Hoping for less colorful weather for all of us...

Today is supposed to be beautiful here with a high in the mid-sixties:D:sunny:. After I finish my final cup of coffee, it's off to use the elliptical. Also want to take my "favorite sanity saver" for a long walk, got to enjoy this weather while it lasts! Later on I'm taking easy child/difficult child 3 shopping. Keeping my fingers crossed she is in a good mood when she gets home from school... As always, hope everyone has a great day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning!

Marg, I'm glad you've been able to escape the worst of the rainfall and floods. After reading all about the floods, I got a laugh out of your comment about doing laundry. I don't know why, just struck me funny.

SFR, I hope she comes home in a good mood too! Enjoy your time with your sanity saver.

This is the middle of my first full week back in the office. I'm adjusting well I think, taking it slow, leaving early when it becomes too much. So far so good. My PT therapist yesterday said to be more patient, as I'm still considered to be in the early stages of recovery. I can be impatient when it comes to my ability to get up and go/do! Pray I can plow through a lot of the paperwork on my desk!!! OMG, soooo much to do - better get going!

Enjoy your day~

Jo,

Glad to hear you're not pushing yourself too much at work and things are going smoothly. I don't blame you for feeling impatient given the lengthy recovery period. Keeping my fingers crossed you're able to plow through the pile on your desk, but remember, take a break when you need one! Have a good day... SFR