Good Morning (week of Oct. 28th)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All!

Wow, October has just flown by! Right now I am suppose to be at bootcamp, however, I somehow set my alarm wrong last night, second time in one month, must be the fact I turned 50 earlier this month-geesh. I don't think I ever set the alarm wrong more than twice in 30 years before this. The bummer is I really needed my workout this morning!!

Today is husband's birthday and it will be low key but I do have easy child/difficult child making him a German chocolate cake-it's his favorite!

It is going to be a cool, crisp, windy day-perfect for fall and I have recess duty this morning-brrrr but I don't mind as this is the my favorite time of the year!

Wishing all a day filled with peace!

SuZir

Good Evening!

Darn about the alarm! I'm nowadays hopeless with alarms. I let myself get used to using phone as an alarm, but smart phones are totally useless and unreliable on that, so I have had more alarm malfunctions during late couple of years than ever before. I should probably buy again a real alarm clock and start to use it. Or find one of my old Nokias somewhere and use that as an alarm.

We are literally waiting for the storm. It is dark already around 4-5 p.m. so after I got out from the work, I have been going around in dark and finding things to get indoors, tie put with ropes and so on. We already yesterday trimmed some branches and so on. We have one old apple tree that we were debating putting down, but because of the wind direction it is not likely to fall anything but on the fence so we let it be and hope she can stomach one more storm standing.

Cars indoors (took some cleaning outbuildings), doors of outbuildings barricaded, enough wood and food inside to keep us warm and fed for couple of days, every battery on the house charged, flash lights and candles, enough gas for a generator to keep our freezer frozen for few days if needed, enough chainsaw petrol etc. Hopefully we get lucky and none of that is needed, but better to prepare to some power breaks that with bad luck can last for few days.

Have a nicer weather you others and a good day!

KTMom91

Good morning, ladies!

We woke up to cold and rain this morning, and I had one very unhappy cat (who elected to stay out last night ) greet me at the front door with angry meows. No school today; teachers' inservice, so I'm going shopping with my mom. Nothing else going on around here!

Have a wonderful day!

SuZir

Good Afternoon!

We were lucky with the storm. Not much damage at all. Few hours without electricity, some damage to the roof of one of our older outbuildings and yeah, unfortunately we lost that apple tree and bit of fence. father in law is having an age crisis because of that, it was his apple tree (planted on day of his christening) so it was special and it is sad the tree couldn't hold it's own. It had such the good apples too :sad:

Today we are having much milder weather, not even raining any more.

Have a great day everyone!

SuZir

SuZir... can you save a few branches and graft into another apple tree?

I will likely try. Not an ideal time of the year to take branches, though luckily at least leaves were already fallen. Also we really don't have place or need for another apple tree, but I think that our youngest trees, the ones planted on difficult child's and easy child's christening days, are still young enough to worth a try to graft a branch or two from father in law's tree. Would be nice symbolical thing too in fact.

The tree also broke and didn't fall with the roots, so I think we will let stump to be and see if we can have some new shoots from that.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Halloween!! :witchcrafting:

My favorite month is coming to an end today! It is a warm rainy day ahead but I am hoping it clears up before the trick-or-treaters come around. We usually don't get too many and I don't want any candy left at all!

I am going in to teach my before school math class this morning but then I have two dr. appts today so I will not be at work. First, I am having a physical and then I am meeting with my surgeon. I don't think he is going to be happy with the progress of my arm.

Have a spooktacular Halloween:frenkenstein::devilish::ghoul::jack::vampire:

Californiablonde

Good morning. October is also one of my favorite months and I'm sorry to see it end. Halloween is a fun day but busy here at work. Today is senior ditch day so my student helpers, who are mostly all seniors, are "sick" today and the phone is ringing off the hook with parents calling in for their kids. Later it's a long drive in a bunch of traffic to take my kids trick or treating at my mom's house. It's going to be a very long day/night.

Tomorrow neither one of my kids have school so lucky them get to sleep in. Since tomorrow is a non student day I will be attending a seminar on autism off campus. I will get to sleep in an hour later than usual, so I will take what I can get. I am going to miss seeing these cool little halloween icons y'all have been posting, but Christmas is just around the corner. Hope you all have a fun, no melt down day.

tiredmommy

We're in for a rough day. Our kitty took a turn for the worse while Duckie was at her friends' Halloween party. We all decided that she will stay home tomorrow as we would bring him in to the vet to be euthanized. He had other plans, though, and crossed the rainbow bridge about an hour ago.

LittleDudesMom

™, Sorry to hear about your sweet kitty -- he took the decision away from you all and went on his own time, just like an independent cat! Hugs.

Last night we had a record number of trick or treaters -- we gave out just a tad over 600 pieces of candy and each kid got only 1 piece!!!!! They started coming at 4:30 and by 7:50 we were out of candy. It was a great night with tons of great costumes and difficult child did his usual "scare the girls". Our street was the place to be last night!! difficult child and I are a little tuckered out this morning, but it's Friday!

Have a great Free Choice Friday!

*Sharon

cubsgirl

Sorry to hear about your kitty TM. We lost one our precious kitties last November and it was so hard. How is Duckie doing with it?

It was pouring rain on Halloween so we only got about 15 trick or treaters. I really enjoy seeing the little ones all dressed up.