Good News for a Change

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We've been sweating bullets....................uh, let me fix that.........husband has been sweating bullets, oddly I've been fairly calm about it........over his unemployment running out. His social security would cover the monthly bills just fine. We just couldn't buy food, gas, or cigs. lol

Seems unemployment went back up in ohio. husband called unemployment today. They'll give him 20 more wks due to this new development. Lady was super duper friendly on the phone........I know because I heard husband's super sweet responses and he just does not talk that way normally. lmao

It's strange though. I'm not stressing over it at all. I did for maybe a half day, then it was gone. Although I am very grateful for 20 more wks for him to find something.....as he's finally actually looking for real. :sigh:

Hoovers for ohio. But good for us........and probably many other people facing the cut off.

Star*

call 911........call 911
So that gives him 20 weeks to find a job! BULLY FOR HIM! Hooray for you! I know EXACTLY how he feels!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup I know Star. At 63 he doesn't have them falling off their chairs begging him to come work for him. Those who bother to contact him......always decide he's way over qualified, even when he tells them he doesn't mind the pay cut, would love to do something a little different and closer to home instead of an hour drive to Cincy everyday. ugh They're afraid he'll quit as soon as something better comes along, problem is......nothing is coming along. ugh And really? With gas prices, the pay cut wouldn't make a difference.......it would actually still have him making good money.

Currently he's holding his breath for a small pharmaceutical company not 20 miles from us. He's done it before......12 yrs worth. Man I hope that one pans out.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'll have to mention this to husband... If we can ever get the VA to sign off on his paperwork that is!!!