Good News for DS!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hello All--

I have not posted a lot about this...but I have been battling back and forth trying to get my son's teacher to follow his IEP. This morning, she and I had a meeting with the school's Vice Principal over what the teacher has termed my son's "Ongoing Behavior Issues".

The teacher started in with a laundry list of ADHD behaviors that she said my son needed to stop because he was being a distraction and stressing her out.

Luckily, the VP is the mother of an ADHD child herself. Long story short--she did not take any of the excuses the teacher offered for not following the IEP...and was not about to discipline my son for these "Behavior Issues".

Then, the VP assured me that my son would get ALL the services to which he is entitled....

:D O I just love her!!

She also gave me some advice about difficult child (because she knows a bit of the trouble we go through)...she said that I have to learn to "give myself permission" to detach from difficult child's issues.

I think that she is correct. I have to give myself permission to detach.

I can do that!!

(I think I can, anyway....I think I can.....I think I can...I think I can....)

--DaisyF

B

bran155

Good for VP. It's always a good day when the school actually does what they need to do to support our difficult children!!! I am so glad that the VP didn't "side" with the teacher. Good thing that she understands from experience.

You can....You can....You can....You can.... :)

AnnMarieTN

It's wonderful to hear of a school person actually being helpful!

I love the idea of giving permission to detach. I think I need to work on that.