Good news from the hematologists office.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Jody, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Jody

Jody Active Member

For three years, I have been having some health issues, mostly deficiencies in nutrients, and vitamims. My platelet levels were out of this world. I was having iron injections, iron pills, B12 injections and pills. Lot's of monitoring. I had blood work done on Monday last week, and the results came back better than I have ever had. I no longer need to take iron, injections, or pills. No more B12 pills. For the first time, my platelet level is in a normal range. It changed by over 140,000 in a years time. I have really started to watch what I eat, and I crave spinach, I also started using red palm oil, and only allow myself one soda a week, and not the diet kind either. The artifical sweeteners really mess with my fibromyalga. I am just so excited to have a good report. Dr. said eat what your eating just less of it. I am not losing weight like he wanted me too. Lol oh well one thing at a time. At least I am moderately healthy even with the weight. Just wanted to share the good news!!!!!!!

2. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

We always like good news around here!

3. Jody

Jody Active Member

Thanks IC.

4. buddy

buddy New Member

Great news! Artificial sweeteners hurt me too. So does caffeine. I wish i had your discipline......great job!

5. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Great news, Jody! I'm a true believer that diet sodas are an absolute no-no. I'm lucky in that the only kind of soda I like is sparkling water, so I don't have to cut that back or choose diet or not diet. I do wish I could figure out how to eat more healthy food, but it's so hard for me having moved so far away from everything I know to find the things I would normally go to. I know you put a lot of work into this and you are right to be proud and happy!

6. Bunny

Bunny Active Member

That's great news!!

7. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Great news! Keep up the good work!

8. JKF

JKF Well-Known Member

Yay!!! That's great Jody!

9. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!