Good News (I hope)

JJJ

I think I was able to piece together enough grants and some of our own money to.....are you ready......have Kanga in programming all summer including 6 weeks of residential summer camp!!!!!!!!!!!!! Three of the residential weeks are done and paid for. I'm waiting to hear back from one more grant place on the other weeks. The only week I'm still not sure on is the first week she is out of school. There is only 1 camp running that early and it is a $200/week day camp. No grants available and I'm not sure we can afford it.

Please keep your fingers crossed that this last grant comes through before the camp fills up.

JJJ

Coleen, I would love to have even a day when she is nice to be around. Sadly, she is very unpleasant to be around. Most of these grants are coming through her therapist who feels it is in the best interest of our family for her to be sent away for the summer. I'm working very hard to find camps that I think she'd enjoy. I don't want her to see this as punishment but as a nice treat for her. She is very excited about going and sees it as "wonderful" to be away from us :frown:

I'm hoping to use this summer to help my other children recover from the damage she has done to them over the last year.

LittleDudesMom

JJJ,

Good news! Of course my first reaction too is "all summer :nonono: ??"

But perhaps this will give your family the time you need to heal and rebuild and give Kanga a sense of independence and maturity. A break from drama can definately heal some wounds.

Fingers crossed that this last piece of funding comes through and Kanga remains excited about leaving home.

Sharon

jannie

trying to survive....
I went to sleep away camp for 8 weeks for 8 years. I absolutely loved it !! I'm glad you were able to schedulet this. Is it a therapeutic program??

Good for you !!