Good news...I'm freaking

nvts

Hey! I'll need a "signed, first edition"! You're going to be so famous that I'll have to part with it to pay for the kids college! Well, to be truthful how 'bout a damn good vacation for me? ;)

Great news! I'm totally jealous that you're living out your dream! I've always wanted to try standup comedy - but am still too chicken!

Beth

Abbey

Spork Queen
Aww...NVTS, go for it!! Once you get over talking on a mic and being in front of a crowd it's a piece of cake. I just become a different person when I DJ. Nobody knows you so just become crazy.

RM - it's a book about being a demo lady. I know that sounds silly, but it's a collection of stories from the most amazing people I met through that job. It ended up being a blending of generations. It's still in very rare form (no chapter titles, etc.) and a work still in progress. If you want to read it send me your email address and I'll send it to you...or anyone else. I can always use constructive feedback.

[email protected]

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
AND.......the one about Bill? OR is this the SAME book?

You are too many sporks in the fire for me to keep up with....lol

Abbey

Spork Queen
This is the full book. Bill's book is seperate and is near complete. It's sad...he didn't look so good when I met him a few days ago. Time is an issue.

Abbey

TerryJ2

Ooooh, neat Abbey! Congratulations!!!

That is awesome.

I probably messed up my first opportunity to get an agent. I stayed up half the night, 2 nights in a row, to finish chapter synopses and a query ltr, to send off b4 I left for MN.
I was so proud of myself.
Then, at the airport, when I had time, I read a printout of what I had sent ... typos, and a duplicate paragaph. I'm doomed. I am so mad at myself.

I would love to buy your book when it comes out. I can only imagine what the publisher will do for a cover! Do they have any working titles?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Title at this point is (and the is always subject to change):

HI!! HOW ARE YOU TODAY?
[FONT=&quot]Extraordinary Lives of Ordinary People

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Terry, they don't bother about typos and such. They just want a concept and go from there. They have tons of editors that go through what you have written and make suggestions. Some you take, some you deny. I refused to edit Bill's story because it was written in the fashion of his time, errors and all.

It's kind of like a bartering game. Yeah, I'll change this, but not that.

It's also about finding the right publisher that fits what you are writing about. Mine is a work in progress so I can't give them a finished project or chapter summary. It's still evolving. Some publishers are ok with this...some not. Stang gave me a great link that I'll send to you.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Go for it girl.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Abbey[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

TerryJ2

Great! You made me feel a little bit better.
I tend to be a glass-half-empty person when it comes to submitting things. Somehow, it helps with-the disappointment when something is rejected. When things are accepted, I am always surprised. :D

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Deb, sorry I missed this before. What a wonderful turn of events after the horrid winter you survived.

Congratulations, lady. :cheerleader::bravo:

Abbey,

:bigsmile::beautifulthing::congrats:!!! I want to read it to - However, I KNOW, with my brain just being "mush" these days, and soooooooooooooo many things I have to do, I won't have time to for awhile... HOWEVER, when it comes out in print, you HAVE to let us know!!! I want to buy a copy:DWFEN

P.S. Just think... We all "know" you before you become famous!!! This is super exciting news!!!

Last edited:

TerryJ2

Abbey, I would be happy to read it next week, when I get home, if that's not too late. I don't supposed you'd want to trade editing on my Zimbabwe memoir for it?
Nah, didn't think so ... :)