***Good news thread***

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Okay family...it's been a long winter...cold and gray...and annoying...and it's so easy for things to feel wrong and go wrong and BE wrong.

BUT.....today is Friday (good news)...and it's a spring-like day here in PA (good news) so I left the office 30 minutes early today (even better news!)...and missed the terrible Friday night traffic (I'm practically jubilant now ;) ) ........and after a delivery company comes to pick up my broken buffet (please, let them show up on time!) I will head to TJ Maxx for my weekly fix and hopefully a bargain or two.

If nothing else, raising Rob taught me the art of sincere appreciation. I really wasn't being facetious above and heaven knows I'm not a fatuous Pollyanna. But because of the terrible years I really did learn to be grateful for all of the positive minutiae in my life.

So tell me.................what has gone RIGHT in your life lately?

Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
Suz, glad your Friday is full of good news.

Lots of good things happening this week.
After almost 6 months, I am starting the process of repairing the hurricane Ike damage. (not to mention that a dear friend remembered the color of paint for the walls since I couldn't remember)
I'm walking the beach 3 times a day with the puppies. It's a great feeling. I appreciate being able to just breath deep.
My mom is with me and she seems to be holding her own. She is enjoying the break from winter.. More good news for sure.
husband is still working. I'm grateful.
difficult child is starting with a new doctor and new program. Lots of hope in that statement.

Thanks for reminding me to appreciate the good stuff.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
WOW Fran, what a good week!

It's about time there was some good news after IKE- it's been such a long haul for you with HoneySue, your Mom, and the hurricane, not to mention your difficult child. And anyone who is employed has to feel grateful these days. :whew:

You will be happy to know that THEY CAME AND PICKED UP THE BUFFET! (editors note: you have no idea the amount of frustration that has gone on to have this miracle occur).

Suz

trinityroyal

Suz, thanks for starting this thread. It's lovely to dwell on the good things sometimes.

Here are my two:

1) The Senior Manager to whom I report on my current contract dropped a big hint that he plans to renew me for a year! Guaranteed work for a year, on a project that I'm really enjoying. What a blessing that is! (And my recruiter assures me that my contract includes a maternity leave provision so I can take some time off and come back to the same job!)

2) husband and I went in for an ultrasound. The twins are healthy and growing, and one of them was waving. You can even see his (her?) blurry little arm in the printout they gave us.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Suz, good news about the pick up.

Trinity, is there anything so precious as that first picture. The little diva is waving already. Bet she is going to be a star.

C.J.

N* met with private adoption social worker this week - no tears, no break downs. We made appointment to meet with adoption lawyer next week. Social worker will call all potential sperm donors to talk with them about N*'s desire to place baby with-stable married couple in an open adoption, explain open adoption process, discuss need to set up dna tests ahead of time, find out which ones will sign off on paternity now...

We had 6 inches of snow on Saturday, and by yesterday, the temperatures were in the 70's.

I still have a decent paying job. I have good friends.

N* and I have all that we need and some of what we want. We are blessed.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I don't have much, so I had to dig deep. LOL

mother in law agreed to go to nursing home on temp basis. So so far we haven't needed to use the POA against her. (this is huge)

Got to spend some fun time treating easy child, sister in law, and Darrin to dinner which also let me play with new baby Brandon. LOL

And that's about it. I said I had to dig for it. ;)

But you take what you can get.

everywoman

Today I paid in full for Jana and I to travel with a group of students from my area to Difficult Child and NY for spring break. The trip may be canceled if enough people don't sign up but I found a Bahama cruise leaving from Charleston the same week, so I have a backup plan. Five years ago if anyone would have told me I would be able to do this financially, I would have laughed in their face.

Jana got a letter from the VA that her claim was still being processed and apologizing for the delay. She has another month before the dr. releases her from PT 4X a week. She got her FASFA completed, and since she is no longer my dependent she qualifies for enough aid to pay for school.

Tripp is still working. He complains every so often, but goes anyway. He worked Sun-Friday this week and pulled a double on Wed. and Thurs. He has an offer from the restaurant he worked at last summer to come back there with an increase in pay. He is looking to start a culinary program in the fall.

H is doing well on his new medications. He is not using---at least I don't think he is. They have told him if he uses on the new medications he is going to kill himself. He is more attentive than he was when using. He is happier and we are doing Friday night dates.

Josh and Kristen are preparing for the new baby. JJ is getting excited and likes to show off the ultrasound pictures of his "sisser".

I had my TOY interview last Monday and it went okay. I have an observation on Monday and have a "killer" lesson planned on The American Dream using poems by Whitman and Hughes. I'm psyched about showing what I do best.

Andy

My Non-easy child Diva went bowling with us last night! difficult child asked her to come bowling - we won a certificate for 2 games of bowling for up to 4 people and difficult child wanted Diva to be one of those four. She actually turned down a babysitting job (income) to join us! Any time my kids do anything together (except fight) is a miracle in itself and so good for both!

I am seeing a very tiny bit of improvement in Diva's attitude toward me. And I do emphasis the word "tiny" but it will do for now. Better improvement than the other way.

difficult child and I had a GREAT week of school activities celebrating Lutheran Education Week. I am paying for it tonight. He is so tired/worn out but doesn't feel it. It is coming out as anxiety - he is scared tonight that he can not breath, he will not wake in the morning, something is wrong, he has felt weird for about a week, ect. ect. He just asked to go back on medications - I told him to kick up his coping skills before we talk medications. I know he will be fine after a good nights sleep. Yeah for Saturday morning!!!!

DammitJanet

Good news huh?

Well, Tony is working out of town now but he came home today. (We werent sure if they were gonna stay gone for one week or two at a time)

We are very glad that he has work right now.

We got our little Princess this afternoon and took her and her uncle Billy out to eat pizza and then delivered her to her daddy. We plan to pick her up tomorrow and take her to South of the Border for a day of fun. (Yes we spoil her rotten!)

Miss Priss got a book while we were at the store and she insisted that daddy read it to her when we dropped her off. She is really starting to want to read lately. And she is growing so tall. She is wearing 3T's now and her knees hit in the high chairs. She is fully potty trained to the big potty! She is such a big girl now. We do have a bit of the terrible two's at times but nothing like my boys. Mostly only if she is tired.

Copper is signing up for school, and was just promoted at her job!

I joined facebook recently...and an old highschool friend has been putting the gleep on me. I feel so young again!

Jena

Wow, what a great thread!! :)

Good news...............

difficult child will have a back yard to play in soon. Her birthday went well last weekend. easy child loves her job and more loves making money.

i love my new bathroom and love taking bubble baths in it even more to defuse for me.

better news i'm kidless tomorrow for the most part. not sure what i'll do but hey kinda cool. from 12 p.m. tmrw for most of the day i think.

Rhonda

slightly wilted Magnolia
WHOOT!!! I love reading good news!! :peaceful:

Me... hmm.. have to reach really high.. looking at the rain, then I see the clouds, ohhhh wait.. I see some sunshine out there...an lo and behold an entire beautiful sky, butterflies ( i do live in the butterfly sanctuary of the US), deer off to the side, oh and what a lovely sight the waves are crashing against the shoreline here. (and i did see all of that today)

I laughed today (mostly reading posts from here...!).

I made a joke or two (not great ones but then I am a long slide into third before I hit comedian).

Oh!! Oh! Oh! .. I met a truely lovely lady at the Joullian winery (yes I was out tasting the newly released vintage). She must have been 90 and in a wheel chair.. she had a gorgeous red hat on and a beautiful smile and an oh so tasty glass of Merlot in her right hand. I refilled her glass when she asked and as soon as she told me she was blind I told her how outragously stunning I was (OMG....even she laughed). One day that will be me... in my wheel chair with my glass of wine...oh and dont forget the red hat!

Rhonda

Estherfromjerusalem

This is a lovely thread. It's great to read about all of youand the good things.

Catwoman, that is the most wonderful news, and I wish you the very very best of health.

Love, Esther

DDD

I agreed to take over the trails association that my husband has been heading for almost six years. Truthfully I had "to pretend" that I was eager to relieve him as he is getting older and yet had no members who would step up to the plate.

So...the good news is that I took office this week and I truthfully am hyped. I decided to embrace the idea and use my leadership abilities full tilt. :redface: (Yes, I know that sounds immodest. LOL) I recruited community leaders and at my first Board meeting had all the offices filled, two standing committee Chairs AND ;) added six Ad Hoc committees with Chairpeople. Everyone is psyched up and my husband and I are the only old people.

That is "Good News" from here and I am glad others are having some positive experiences too. DDD

KTMom91

Miss KT has an A in Economics!:bigsmile:

I worked three days last week. I can't believe how good I feel after the surgery.

Hubby thinks he knows what's wrong with Miss KT's car. I hope he's right, because then I get MY car back, and we can stop switching from car to truck and back to car again.

Well a couple of things have gone right lately! I finished my ADEPT at school. That is where other teachers and principal and another person from the district pop in on you at any given moment unannounced. I passed! They have to do a lot of written reports and say I am a good teacher, etc. Also the weather this weekend was wonderful. Sometimes we forget about the weather!

everywoman

Good for you stands. I understand ADEPT as I am an ADEPT trainer and mentor. I am proud of you for not allowing the issues with difficult child to distract you. When my difficult child was at his worst, I found sanctuary in my classroom where I had control over what happened. I hope you get that from your work as a teacher also.

DammitJanet

I admire you teachers....I so could not handle a classroom of kids...lol.

The other day my therapist and I went out to lunch at Ci Ci's Pizza and I shuddered as a busload of either first or second-graders arrived at the same time we did. I just knew they were gonna be rowdy. They were so well behaved and quiet! I complimented the teachers right before they left...lol.