Good news.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I just had to share.
Wee difficult child has been sick. Really sick (not dangerous sick, but has felt really, really bad). We made arrangements to keep him home from school yesterday.
When he realized that he was missing school, and it wasn't a holiday or weekend, he wanted no part of staying home. He begged to go.
He hasn't had a fever and isn't contagious, so we sent him. They sent him home at 1:30, when he felt really bad again.
I was so excited.
He still has problems. He still requires the 1:1 and they deal with an aggressive incident at least once a day, but he feels successful; he feels like he's a part of something and doing something right. And its wonderful. I am truly enjoying this while it lasts (hopefully forever!)

B

bran155

That is wonderful!!! That is huge for him to actually not want to stay home. Good for him. I am so glad that he is feeling so confident. What a good little scholar!!! :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow, that's great! He must really enjoy the environment -- sounds like things are going really well.

trinityroyal

Shari, that's wonderful!
I'm so glad to hear that difficult child loves his school and wants to go so badly, even when he's feeling rotten.

Sending hugs to wee difficult child to make him feel better.
And saying prayers that the school continues to do good things with difficult child for a long time to come.

Trinity

LittleDudesMom

Shari, that's wonderful! A good 1:1 can make all the difference. I speak from experience, my difficult child has a fabulous one. It can really begin to give our difficult children confidence when there is someone to step in before things get out of hand. My difficult child's 1:1 is now more of a mentor than an aide.

I feel your job, good for wee difficult child!

Sharon

M

ML

That is a really good sign. He is exactly where he needs to be right now. I hope he feels better soon. hugs, ML

Wiped Out

Staff member
Shari,
This was so great to read. I'm glad he is doing so much better in this environment! I love the fact that he is enjoying school so much!

jannie

trying to survive....
That is really great !! Your past few posts have been so much more upbeat !! Hope it continues...also hope difficult child is feeling well soon...