Good News!!

Robinboots

As previously posted, GFG17 was sent back to detention on Tuesday because he hadn't complied with ANYthing the judge had ordered. The judge intended to let him stew for a few days, then emancipate him on Friday, tomorrow. Now, I use that word, but my state doesn't really have emancipation - there is, however, a new law which can give 16 and 17 year olds certain rights; it's designed mostly for kids who struggle with a horrible home life but who are trying and trying to improve their situations.

I did a lot of research, and found it, and the judge was planning to use it.

However.

I finally got with the psychiatrist's office yesterday, posted this too, and the plan I came up with is to have detention take difficult child for the psychiatric evaluation, and if they decide - they being the hospital. AND his psychiatrist, who we didn't have before - on inpatient treatment, difficult child is admitted. If they think outpatient is okay, difficult child will be released/emancipated.

Called my attorney, who called the judge. The judge called him back AFTER HOURS and said yes, sounds good, thanks, I was wondering what to do with this kid!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I fully understand that things could still go south, BUT it's my last-ditch effort. Of course, it still royally pizzes me off that NO ONE WOULD LISTEN for so long...but hey! VICTORY!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That IS good news...potentially. I hope it works out in his best interests either way, and that he gets the help he needs!

Robinboots

I updated in the thread Shari started...nothing else to report, and I mean "NOTHING". So, I'll have to do what I can, but come Monday, there are quite a few people who WILL be getting an earful. I've dealt with so much BS so far, but that's it - it's like dealing with a bunch of kids with degrees who are just plain clueless.

So here's the deal for the weekend: decent bedtime, give me the phone before bed, decent meals, take Risperdal, no Internet, walk a mile each day, keep busy with lanyard-making (hey, he CHOSE that!), and do exactly.whatever.I.tell.him. Period.

And I'm not above blackmail. Told him in no uncertain terms that I WOULD be talking to the psychiatrist on Monday. Shoot, I might even camp out at his office, first thing. Told him that this weekend will partially determine what happens next. Period.