Good "No Meltdown Monday" Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

:lady:Good Morning!!!!

I hope this Monday morning finds you doing well. We are heading into the "dog days" of summer here. We are up to 98 today. It took awhile, but the typical hot, humid and dry southern summer has begun to settle :hot:.

easy child has an interview at our health club at 5. She is interviewing with the auquatic director to work with kids for pool play times and give group and private swim lessons. Wish her luck......if she gets the job, we get a huge break on our membership too!! Kinda a win-win in my mind.

At 6:30 I've got one of those "finning" classes. I can't wait! difficult child is going with us! :swimming:

difficult child and I attempted to see the new Batman movie yesterday. About 30 minutes into the movie, the sound went out. It lasted about 2 minutes. Then a couple minutes later, the sound went out again. Unfortunately, it was at a really pivital molment of the film when the Joker was really making his move. We left and spoke with the manager and got tickets to return at our leisure. difficult child was really cool about it.

So, that will be on the agenda at some point this week. Tomorrow we will take the 2.5 hour drive to my sister's house. I've got to get my hands on that little nephew of mine!

Wishing you a great Monday :peaceful:.

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :bloodshot:

Sharon- Your family sounds busy as ever! Fingers crossed for easy child this afternoon...

I'll be running out in a few minutes to get some routine blood work done, I haven't had my coffee yet! :eek:

After that is hand camp for Duckie and errands for me, then the park, then home to shower Duckie then off with her to a local VBS. Whew! Then I get 2.5 hours of peace, lol! :rofl:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, I hope easy child gets that job. And it's a pity about the film. difficult child 1 saw it last night with friends, he said it's brilliant. He also said to NOT take difficult child 3, he's just not ready for it.

TM, I hope the blood tests are favourable. How is Duckie going with the handwriting sessions?

A surprising day today. First day back to school for Term 3 although first day back is generally a pupil free day. Not for difficult child 3, though - I made him work. He was slow to get started (not surprising) and we'd discussed his tasks for the day when difficult child 1 (on his monthly day off) mentioned he was planning to meet girlfriend so they could continue window-shopping for the bridal register. I knew they would need help, tentatively offered and was almost dragged out of the house.
So while difficult child 3 worked at home on his own, I was window-shopping with girlfriend & difficult child 1 all day. Fun, but exhausting. I managed to get some urgent food supplies as well. Not too much though - we'll be away for a week, starting Friday, so we don't want to leave too much food. difficult child 1 is house-minding but he won't eat anything he has to cook for himself.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

Sharon-Keeping my fingers crossed easy child gets the job-that would be really great!! husband works at our club teaching one class and we get a free membership! Bummer about the movie but it's great that difficult child was fine with everything. We took difficult child to see it on Saturday in Michigan. They have a theater that always has coupons in the mail for people to see the movies at only $3.50. Enjoy your "finning" class!

TM-Sounds like a really busy day ahead for you! Glad there is some time for yourself in there!

Marg-I'm glad the window shopping was fun but am sorry you are so tired. I hope you are able to rest up before your trip!

It was a mostly fun weekend for us in Michigan! We saw many of husband's relatives and some friends too. We saw two movies. easy child and difficult child really had fun at the pool party on Saturday night at my sister in law's. difficult child only got out of the water to eat. easy child never went in but was very social which is unusual for her. The ride home last night-huge blow up the first half hour with easy child and difficult child and then both fell asleep!

Today we have no planned appts! We have to pick up our dog from the kennel before noon. At some point we will head to the club. This week difficult child has no camps and it's making me realize already this morning how good it will be for him to get back to camp next week.

I'm hoping for some warm weather to be able to take difficult child to the pool this week-not sure it's going to cooperate!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day filled with smiles and laughter. :peaceful:

Andy

Good Morning -----

Little Dude's Mom - Stay cool in the heat - sorry about the movie, glad difficult child handled it so well. Good luck to easy child.

Tired Mommy - Do you get your coffee after the blood work? Duckie has a fun day planned. Which program is your VBS? I am directing CPH's Friendship Trek next week - I need to get to work on the paperwork. The big one seems to be Group's Power Lab - that one would also be fun and very different with the theme. I need to write a VBS program one of these years - shouldn't be too hard since we usually don't do the recommended crafts and haven't been doing snacks either. The music would be my challenge but I think my music people would help with that.

Marg - What a fun day - Bridal registering! Those are great days.

No Meltdown Monday? Does that refer to me also? I am not sure if I am looking forward to my office this morning or not. I have not been in since last Wednesday and hope it is not too overwhelming. Don't think it will go over well if I meltdown. difficult child and I had a good trip up North to pick up my niece. I was able to visit (shop) with my sister and enjoyed my other niece's 3 yr old daughter. Since my niece is here, I can stay a few extra minutes at home. Though the kids are just hanging around - I think they are hoping I will leave so they can have the computer and big screen t.v.? :)

Have a GREAT Monday - find a way to make your difficult child laugh today.

Andy

Wiped out, you snuck in on me. I am so glad you had a good vacation. When we came back from a week in FL a few weeks ago, my easy child and difficult child had a major blow out also - they had NEVER gotten that bad - so I pulled over to a quiet parking lot, threw easy child's stuff out on one side of the van and threw difficult child's stuff out on the other all while they were both saying, "Don't leave us here!" I then said, "easy child, you put your stuff here and sit here, difficult child, you put your stuff here and sit here. Neither of you can talk." The rest of the trip was good! :)

Enjoy a quiet day - we need one after vacations. :)

tiredmommy

Marg- She really enjoys handwriting camp. Her last day will be Wednesday because she'll be at Girl Scout Day Camp next week. Cheer leading starts the week after that.

Andy- She's going to a different church than our own for VBS, they are using the Avalanche Ranch program. I spent the morning posting fliers at local businesses for an upcoming one night event for kids put on by my church. It's titled Pickle Mania and we have all sorts of games and activities planned. Examples include a pickle relay race and a pickle spitting contest. It should be a blast! I hope we have a good turn out.

Andy

Tired Mommy - We did Avalache Ranch last year! That was from Group and a lot of fun. We have a farmer on Board of Ed who was so much into that theme. He arranged horse rides one night and a hay ride another night. The kids learned about branding one night and cowboy life another night. It was so much fun. I did all the research for the branding and cowboy life station.