Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning: Good Morning!

I'm up, don't want to be, and getting ready to hit the gym. I attended a new class yesterday - Aqua Boot Camp. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy had a 6-pack and muscles galore and wore a whistle! We even used the steps in the water!

I hurt my shoulder/arm. I've been really babying it the last week or so since I got the pinched nerve dxs, but something I did yesteday afternoon hurt it. I was up most the night. The pain medication was just not working.

I'm going to really baby it today and take, for the first time, one of the daytime pain pills my doctor gave me. I will stay close to home since today is household chore day anyway. The sofa or the bed won't be far should I need it :sleeping:! I really am sensitive to pain medications and they usually knock me out!

Hope your Monday is a good one and your difficult children get the message that is is No Meltdown Monday :salute:!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-Ouch! Are you sure you should be on your way to the gym? If you are in a lot of pain, it might be a good idea to take a day off. I hope the pain pill helps and glad you will be staying close to home.

The great news here is the weather!! It was a gorgeous weekend with temps in the 50s. Today it is suppose to get into the 60s and tomorrow, drum roll please, it is suppose to hit 70!!!!!! After that it is suppose to get cold but I'll take what we have for now.

I even used the grill for the first time since October yesterday! I grilled chicken thighs and put them in a salad with some lettuce, strawberries, mandarin oranges, mushrooms and walnuts. Yumm!

Back to work this morning. I will be attending the IEP of one of my students first thing. Nothing on the agenda after work except a trip to the health club.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, ouch ~ take care of that arm. Glad you're taking it easy today & taking the pain medications. It's so hard to get pain under control. You just don't want to let it become overwhelming.

Sharon, hooray for spring like weather! Isn't it nice to see the grass once again?

Our temps here are heading the same directions as Sharon's (with-o) for the 1st time since the beginning of October (according to meteorogist). I knew this had been a long, very long winter.

The snow is melting - almost gone except in the areas of my yard that do not get direct sunlight. I feel like I should head out with my hair dryer & try to help it go away. Hmmmmm

I have a very busy week ahead ~ I'm considering canceling some of the "unnecessary" appts & taking care of the ones I need to attend. With all the in home therapy kt has, she can miss a adoption therapist appointment & I can put off her dental appointment for a couple of weeks. There are several home health appts/intakes that I need to take care of so we can get on with the physical therapy & other things.

I'm off to see my neuro doctor ~ have to see him twice within a month because of my little stint at the hospital. Home to clean up a bit because there will be 8 SWs sitting in my kitchen; staffing for kt.

Sounds like fun doesn't it? If you'd like to join in feel free to give me a buzz. ;)

Have a good one today.

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:tongue::D
Little Dude's Mom - I hope that shoulder/arm heals soon.

Wipe Out - I am glad Spring has made a preview. Hope those anticipated colder days are short and few.

Timer - Rescheduling a few appts does sound like it will take the pressure off this week.

Bowling after school today. difficult child is afraid to go to school because of his recent headaches. I gave him some Benadryl Allergy medication yesterday to see if that would help with his disconneting feelings. It did seem to help. He started feeling disconnected again just after the 6 hours of the 4 - 6 hours to redose. We are going to try that today.

I told difficult child that he is to ask for headache medication at the first sign of a headache. On Wed we will ask therapist to send his report to psychiatrist ASAP and most likely get anxiety medications.

I have lunch with a friend at 1:30 today. I really need difficult child to make it through school for the next few weeks. I am getting caught up at work and if I am not called home every day or so, I just might get there this month?

Have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, Aqua Boot Camp sounds like good eye candy, even if it's physical torture. Sorry you hurt yourself. Does the guy give back rubs?

Sharon/WO, your salad sounds wonderul, a good celebration of warmer weather at last. It's been a long, cold winter for you all.

Linda, sounds like cutting back on non-essential outings is a good plan. I wonder - what is the collective noun for SWs?

Andy, sounds like difficult child is getting school phobia building up. Enjoy your lunch - here's hoping you don't get called away by the school.

We had a quiet day today, after yesterday's town fair. The weather yesterday was glorious, sunny but not too hot. I spent a number of hours exploring the fair, husband fetched mother in law and they wandered around also. difficult child 3 looked after himself until I saw him getting a bit aggressive with a couple of kids, waving a plastic cap gun at them so I read him the riot act and confiscated the gun. I could have throttled him! Luckily it was obviously a toy gun, but it was still totally unacceptable, especially given our gun laws.

I had one last fond look at the art show before heading homewards; the "emerging artist" had some beautiful work including one gorgeous detailed line drawing of the koala injured in the Victorian bushfires, I had meant to buy more raffle tickets but forgot.

Then this morning mother in law rang. She had been contacted by the art show organisers - she won "Bandaged Bear", the raffle prize! She drove round to collect it this afternoon, she is absolutely delighted. husband & I dropped in this evening to see it and to discuss the best place to hang it.

Today has been awkwardly busy, with a lot of interruptions through the day. husband is home tomorrow, hopefully we'll get more done, although we have to go "to the mainland" for difficult child 3's drama class in the evening, so we'll probably go a bit earlier to do some shopping.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

artana

LDM - Sounds like you need to speak to a doctor.:( good luck with your shoulder.

WO - Isn't the warmth great?! We had lovely weather too.

Linda - Sounds overwhelming. I hope you manage to get the schedule under control.

Andy - I hope the Benadryl really does help. That would be great.

We got a new puppy on Saturday and SO is stressed between puppy, deadline at work, and presentation for a professional group. I am also going away for 2 1/2 days to another state for work. So, SO is a stress case right now.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone. :bunny_ears: Spring is around the corner. I just know it.

LDM, sorry about the pinched nerve. I know that when I would hurt something, I tended to keep to my routine of exercise but babied the injured area. There is something about breaking the routine that sabotaged my best efforts. Good luck but obviously if it is too intense stop what you are doing and rest up.

Wiped out, hope your lovely weather continues. It's time for you guys to get a break.

Linda, I like the idea of the blow dryer to help the snow melt. Hope your week isn't too exhausting.

We made it home through rain the entire trip. Makes driving a bit more exhausting. I spent Sunday in a haze of the sleep deprived. It feels good to be rested and up to start to hack my way through the build up of mail and laundry.

difficult child is doing well. New dr. is cutting down on Geodon gradually. difficult child is trying hard to be a help around the house. I'm optimistic that he will be less argumentative. We are still waiting for the county services to start even after being approved. Sigh. :hammer:

We are expecting a visit from my one brother that I seldom see,this coming weekend. His wife, 2 sons, d i l and my great nephew are coming to visit mom. I'm just the house of the visit. My mom acts as if this is the prodigal on his way home. I tend to be a bit more cynical. I hope that it isn't as bad as I anticipate. I keep repeating "I will be polite, I will be polite".

It's a grey rainy day but the blossoms are about bursting from the trees.

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon (LDM), Sorry you injured your shoulder/arm. I'm glad you're going to "baby" it. Hope you feel better ASAP!!!

Sharon (WO), I'm glad you had a beautiful weekend - The warmer weather should be here to stay soon:D!!! The salad sounds delicious!!! I love mixing fruit and veggies and chicken together - It makes a really filling and satisfying meal. Let me know the next time you're having this - I'll be right over!!!

Linda, With all that you have going on this week, I think it is very wise to postpone unnecessary appointments. Hope your neuro doctor appointment goes well. Don't worry about cleaning up for the SWs. You have more than enough on your plate!!! And, sorry, I won't be joining you for this "fun" filled meeting. However, I hope it goes well...

Andy, I hope difficult child is feeling better. I'm glad you're having lunch with a friend - ENJOY!!!

Marg, The fair sounds like lots of fun. It's so nice your mother in law won the raffle prize!!!

artana, I LOVE puppies!!! Hope your SO finds a way to get rid of some of that stress!!! Hope your trip goes well...

Fran, Sorry the county services are taking so long to begin. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your difficult child continues to improve as the Geodon is decreased. Unfortunately, there never seems to be a dull moment with a difficult child around...

Today is another BUSY one for me. I've got to stick tonight's dinner, chicken, into a ziploc with some marinade, put away a basket of laundry, and get to work.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... WFEN