Good "No Meltdown Monday" Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

:coffee: Happy No Meltdown Monday Morning!!

Going to be a chilly, wet day here today. Originally this was supposed to be a snow day, but it'll be all rain. I believe our season of outlandish snow is over!

Sharon, you mentioned yesterday that you saw The Hurt Locker this weekend. I saw it last week myself. I agree that it was very intense.

It's a typical Monday for me which means a couple early morning errands and then house stuff.

I hope your day is a good one and your difficult child's remember about the no meltdown part......

Sharon :peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day for Monday.

Sharon/LDM, rain is a good sign. It could mean that Punxsutawney Phil got it wrong after all.

I was a bit busier today than I really wanted. I took mother in law to the doctor this morning; I watched as she loaded her walking frame into the car, I showed her an easy way to do it. On the way home she did well putting the frame into the car, then getting it back out again when she got home. She drove each way. It's all part of helping her get her independence back again.
While we were there we told the doctor (she's a friend, not my regular doctor but I'll be able to see her if I can't make the trek out to my regular doctor) about my cancer diagnosis, and also told the physiotherapist (also a long-term friend from church). I got paperwork done (health care claims on national health insurance; prescriptions) at the pharmacy, the chemist already knew. Don't know who told him.

Got back home to chase difficult child 3 back to schoolwork. Then I got busy registering for an online website I'm going to try to write articles for. I uploaded my first article, I'm now waiting for the editor's response. Hopefully I will still be home tomorrow night to be able to follow through on any corrections needed.

I could have gone to the beach today - it was sunny enough and hot enough. But I had some paperwork to deal with (difficult child 3's pension application looks like it has been SNAFU'd again) and a lot of phone calls. At one point I had back to back phone calls for about 2 hours, right when I was trying to get dinner organised.

We finally extricated ourselves and went down to mother in law's to cook dinner - pork and vegetables in plum sauce. We left difficult child 3 at home, he doesn't like stir-fries. We'd just finished eating when the phone rang - my eldest sister, wanting to talk to me urgently. I posted about her on my mammogram thread in Watercooler.

So before the phone rang again, husband & I left mother in law's and walked home. We took the slightly longer route (I need the exercise) and talked.

Tomorrow at lunchtime I see the surgeon and find out what she wants to do. I'm happy to be guided by the experts. husband has the day off, he's coming with me. difficult child 3 was supposed to have a couple of appointments after that but one of them rang today to cancel, so I cancelled the other one too (they were at the same place). So he can stay home. But his drama class is on tomorrow evening, so depending on what is happening, he might catch the afternoon boat to "the mainland" where we will collect him and drive him to class. It's a big hassle to drive all the way home than all the way back out again, it's an hour round trip at least.

ON the boat he might see dolphins. Yesterday after church a few of us were standing on the sea wall watching the beach, we saw something in the water which was either seals or dolphins. Not sharks, whatever it was was turning in too tight a circle back on itself. Hunting for fish, we could see the school of fish being herded and occasionally one would jump. But behind was this dark shadow with an occasional brief dark roll out of the water. There was a woman further up the beach swimming slowly - whatever it was kept away from her.

It's a lovely place to live.

Enjoy your Monday, everyone. I hope to talk to you tomorrow.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Sharon-Rain makes me think of spring-so I hope it's on the way! After watching "The Hurt Locker" husband said that it was another excellent movie like "Platoon" and "Saving Private Ryan" that he will never watch again.

Marg-Another busy day for you! I agree that where you live sounds like a very nice place to live!

Yesterday was very productive and I got a lot done around the house (still have more to do as it is such a never ending process).

After work today easy child and I both have psychiatrist appts (at different places but the same time-should be interesting). difficult child is going with husband to get his hair colored by his niece.

husband and I are hoping to get to the health club-we both need to be very committed to our workouts right now!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sharon LDM, enjoy your day - I personally like to just hole up on wet wold rainy raw days. I hope you get your errands done so you can do the same.

Marg, your area sounds so lovely that I added it to my list of places to see one day. And the descriptions of your days make me so tired! You are one busy woman - where do you get all the energy from?

Sharon WO, enjoy the health club with H - H and I should do the same!

I took today off from work. My back hurts a lot and I have a lot of homework that I want to put behind me as well as some errands. I have to go sign the papers for my mom's pre-planned funeral arrangements (fun), go to the bank, pay some bills on line, and a lot of reading. This was a weird weekend - easy child is really being stupid and frustrating me as a mom. I will post about that later. difficult child is doing really well, but I can tell she's on a manic upswing. ANYWAY, hope you all have a wonderful stressfree day!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good monday morning everyone.

LDM, I suspect the snow is gone for us too. My oriental cherry tree is starting to bud. Little pink buds have broken through. I'm not ready for summer that's for sure. Hope you have a great and productive Monday.

Marguerite, good thoughts for you.

WO, sounds like things are moving along with being productive with your home. I with husband, I won't watch movies that are that powerful a second time. It is gut wrenching. I have gotten to the point where I don't watch them the first time. I just can't. Hope the psy dr. helps easy child.

My husband is doing very well after his cardioversion last Thursday. He feels much better now that his heart is beating in sync. Imagine that!
Let's hope it keeps.

difficult child has been having a busier time. He has another buddy who seems to not be treated like a child. He has an apartment and is actually able to make up his own mind. They had a game night at his apartment witha few other people. It actually went on until after 1AM. All the official social groups are over by 9. Most of the young adults are accompanied by parents. It's not how I want my son to live. Oh well. I'm optimistic.

We are meeting with a tutor this morning to see if it will help with difficult child's money skills(once again).

Hope you all have a good day.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sharon, I hope you stay dry today and get all your errands finished!

Marg, I'm envious of your writing gig -- sounds like an ideal job arrangement for you :)

Sharon, I think it's great you and husband are committed to good physical health :) I need to get back to basics myself.

Jo, good luck with all the paperwork and homework today. I hope everyone behaves for you! :)

Fran, our weather here screams summer right now, despite all the snow, rain and mudslides we had a few short weeks ago. It hit 85 here yesterday! Crazy stuff. It's good you are optimistic about difficult child's capabilities -- if we don't set our sights high, we end up settling for much less than we can actually acheive. I think that new buddy will be a good influence.

We have the day off school and work today. difficult child 1 has lacrosse practice in a few minutes, and I'm taking difficult child 2 back to the pediatrician for a recheck on this bug he's had for over a week now. Then easy child and difficult child 2 have homework they need to finish today, so I'll be supervising that. I'd love to get some yardwork in later on. We'll see how hot it gets and whether the family permits!

Have a great day everyone!