Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

Good Monday Morning Friends!

I'm looking for my second cup of coffee and wondering why the weekend went by so quickly?!

Painter arrives early this morning! I'm excited as there are several areas I've been waiting on getting done for quite some time!

Both kids appear to be doing well - difficult child is doing pretty darn good right now. Not sure if you caught the news since I posted it on Sat, but he did honor roll this semester....he is officially registered for high school and just has to pick his electives - think he's going with German and ROTC - go figure......

Have a great Monday - remember the no meltdown part.....

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon Have fun with the painters! I bet you must be proud of difficult child!!!

It's our first day back from spring break and Duckie is moving like molasses. I'll be dropping off left-over goodies to the staff room at school. Alicia and a few kids held a bake sale to raise $$$ for a charity that one of their teachers are involved in, they raised $53.26.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all.
LDM, yay for difficult child!!!!!!!!! Amazing! Enjoy the painters. (if I can get the yard done, I could start on paint) UGH.
TM, hopefully Duckie will move a little faster as the week goes by.
husband was down and out yesterday. Aches, cough and just out of it. Poor guy. Slept about 24 hrs out of 30. Don't you wish you could do that? LOL.
He is feeling better but I'm trying to get him to stay home today.
It's a gorgeous day. Makes you want to get outside.

Have a no meltdown Monday.

Marguerite

G'day, people. I'm grabbing a few moments before bedtime to greet you all, even if I haven't time to make it individual this time.

Sharon/LDM, congrats to difficult child for doing so well. I think German appeals to kids like ours, because it is a language which follows rules so well.

TM, feeding the school staff with treats is always a useful thing if you want to butter them up. Whenever you have a surplus of food, you can always store it up in other people. That way there is always a chance that when they have an excess, they will choose to store it up in you!

Fran, I hope husband feels better soon.

easy child & SIL1 left this morning just after breakfast, to drive home to Canberra. It's a 3 hour drive plus they still had their grocery shopping to do. They're still finding their feet in their new home. It's been a busy weekend even though today was a public holiday for us in Australia (also New Zealand).
Other than that, we've had a fairly quiet day today but still moderately busy, pottering around the place. I had a few business calls, including one booking - I've been offered good money to do a creative writing workshop in a few weeks' time. And it's a local job! I enjoy doing this sort of thing anyway, I've already got notes and materials prepared, I would have done it for free, so this will be gravy.

Tomorrow I have a busy day - first I have to take husband's car to the garage for its rego check - compulsory safety inspection before registration renewal; then I'll drive difficult child 3 into the outskirts of the city for his therapist appointment, then we head fast back to the district (beside the mall) for some pictures of my frozen shoulder. Normally difficult child 3 would have his drama class at 5 pm, but it's cancelled for tomorrow (teacher unavailable) so instead of meeting up with husband afterwards for dinner, we'll instead head straight home and get there a lot earlier. I've got the crockpot working overnight; before we leave in the morning I'll put it in the fridge. It will be great to do what I have to do tomorrow knowing dinner is already cooked.

I've asked mother in law to come with us tomorrow. She is getting increasingly frail, increasingly terrified of death and dying and therefore increasingly uncooperative and in denial over her increasing frailty. A major headache... but getting her out for a drive always does her some good.

I finished making my Advent candles (yes, I started early) and now have the rest of the calendar year (almost) to paint them.

husband spent tonight working unsuccessfully on my laptop which collapsed on my on Saturday. He thinks it's the logic board. It was a shock when it began to misbehave - I've never seen a computer screen suddenly go to plaid...

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
German has great rules. Sounds are always the same and there are very few homonyms. The only thing sticky about German is the compound words, but if you break them down into the component words you find that they still follow the rules.

So, spelling is always phonetic once you know the pronunciations of the letters and the like.

I am no longer fluent by any means in either German or Yiddish, but I still occasionally get goofed up in English and I learned it as a toddler

C

candiecotton

enjoy your painters. We didn't have any melt downs this morning S & C were up @ 6 am .(thats what time they had to be up in the foster home hopefully ill have them back to normal 7 am soon ) & we were dressed with breakfast & lunches all ready to go back to school ,they have been in another school because of their placement was 2 hours away. D was even up even though he didn't have school ,he was meeting a friend for coffee before he went to help set up for the drama festival @ his school.

we went to regester the 2 little ones for school & of course the other school sent nothing out with them .they were supposed to send the transfer slip but didnt . so they start back to school tomorrow .C is in bed ( its 9:16 pm here)

there was no G this morning she had to go back early yesterday when she threatend C . so tomorrow evening G is home wish me luck lol