Good "No Meltdown" Monday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning: Good Monday Morning!

difficult child and I are up and rolling this morning as we are getting our voices in tune for the song to be sung at 11 am "School's out for the Summer"!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is actually the last day but he is exempted from both exams so today is the day!

I wanted to share that I've been working on difficult child's IEP and BIP with the director of sped, his case worker and the compliance officer for a number of weeks now. As of Thursday, difficult child has the best IEP/BIP he has ever had. It is so concise, with detailed goals, clear ways to get there, really insightful modifications and the BIP is like something that someone who has known difficult child for years would have written. I am thrilled with this team. It was a little touch and go at first, but I think we now all know each other, they know I'm not a push-over and I realize that they really do want to make sure difficult child is able to succeed in high school. I am thrilled and am writing a letter to the principal and our school board rep today. I feel very strongly about acknowledging a helpful, knowledgable, and competent team - this will be the second time in difficult child's journey that I've written a letter of this sort.

I hope your Monday is a good one and your difficult children get that Monday memo early!

Sharon
:flirtysmile3:

Good Morning!!!
I am very new...just signed-up this morning but saw your post. I am a teacher and I am so happy when a parent gets what they need for their child. You do have to really be persistant but it really helps when the schools know you do care and are an involved parent. (not just an annoying one - LOL)

Good luck to you next year and have a great summer...we just finished last week!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-What great news about difficult child's iep/bip!!! I really love how you advocate for difficult child and I love that you wrote a note to the principal!! Enjoy that 11:00 a.m. song!!

Hopeful-Welcome-love your board name!! I'm also a teacher. I teach grades 4/5; what do you teach?

Looks like a super cloudy day here today. easy child/difficult child starts summer school and difficult child is going to a day camp this week that involves volunteering at food pantries in the morning and doing fun activities in the afternoon. I'm really hoping this will be a good thing for him; he is looking forward to the volunteering part!

I'm meeting some friends for breakfast that I haven't seen in a long time. Other plans for the day include the health club (probably swimming since I'm still not cleared for anything else-we'll see) and taking a nap. husband and I are both very glad that difficult child is heading to day camp this week!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!!:)