Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:bloodshot: :sleeping: It's another Monday - they sure do seem to come around fast!

Mom headed out yesterday afternoon - we had a nice visit. Wine and the patio every night :smile: and shopping during the day :lipstick:.

easy child is off today but difficult child has school. easy child and I are heading to the warehouse where they filmed HBO's "John Adams" earlier this year. They are having their big props sale. My cousin is letting us come in and preview for the sale on wed and thur - so we are going to go and wander the warehouse and see if we can set aside some stuff!

Wishing everyone a great Monday :its_all_good:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, sounds like a fun day.

After I don't know how many days of record heat with rain, the heat has broken (30 degrees cooler than yesterday). Praise god, the humidity has broken as well.

My calendar is empty today - must be laundry & bill paying day. I'm hoping the rain will end so I can get my walk in this afternoon.

I've been working on my nature journal - autumn is a beautiful season of change. Yesterday I saw 3 birds in my little bird sanctuary that I've never seen before; the little northern wren, a red bellied woodpecker & the cedar waxwing is back. Winter is headed our way - the juncos are back as well.

Enjoy your day - keep it calm. Hug your loved ones with a smile & an encouraging word as they leave for the day.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-Sounds like you and easy child are in for a great day! :dance:I'm glad the visit with your mom went well!

Linda-The journal sounds like a great idea. :autumn: Your bird sanctuary sounds great.

We're still waiting for the weather to change here. It's 69 degrees here this morning. That's a new record high low. The rains are supposed to come through here this afternoon. Then we will finally have more autumn like temperatures and I am so ready for that! :autumn:

It was a fair football weekend. The Wolverines won which was great but unfortunately the Packers have their first lost and to the Bears no less!

After work today it's the health club and difficult child has religious ed classes.

I hope everyone their day and finds several reasons for a smile and laughter as well. Hi if you snuck in. :ghost:

Marguerite

G'day, all.

Sharon I, I'm glad you had a good visit with your mother. Enjoy those times. Take notes.

Linda, the nature journal sounds wonderful. Is it anything like the "Edwardian Country Lady's Diary"? Are you sketching any of the birds or plants?

Sharon II, we're not talking about football in Australia - the Poms beat us in the World Cup match. Australia is now out of contention. The British team are probably going to get ANOTHER load of honours - they did last time. The Queen doesn't hand out honours to OUR teams when we win, and we're still allegedly part of the British Commonwealth - she IS the Queen of Australia too, y'know... as in OUR head of state. She just seems to forget that when it's US the Poms beat - cricket (they've not beaten us lately),football (all codes) and tennis.

It WAS a no-meltdown day for us here - I'm so pleased! I took easy child 2/difficult child 2 out to the doctor (posted separately) and got my blood pressure checked out. Still a bit high. The doctor wants me to lose weight, but I explained I am what I am, despite all the weight-loss campaigns available. All I can do is what little exercise I can. Any dietician I see tells me to eat MORE - it's crazy.

Took difficult child 1 to get his health insurance paperwork sorted out - it's time he was registered as an individual and not a child on t he family card. This means he gets his own number now. easy child got hers six years ago, easy child 2/difficult child 2 got hers last year. At 23, it's about time for difficult child 1! But he still was too apprehensive to go on his own, I had to go with him.

Hopefully tomorrow is a quieter day.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning my friends. We are leaving the beach this morning and heading to our "old" house in Plano. The packing starts tomorrow. :crying: On the positive side, I will finally have furniture in the new house next Monday. I'm counting down the days.

Sharon, the warehouse shopping party sounds fun.

Linda, I like the journaling. Sounds cool. I saw roseate spoonbills this weekend. They are a glorious shade of pink/rose.

Wiped out I'm hoping for some autumn soon too.

Marguerite, I hear you about having to help difficult child 1 to get the basics done because of anxiety.

Hope you have a no meltdown Monday.

Marguerite

Just a quick, late night update - we just had TWO hailstorms pass trough here in the space of ten minutes. Really freaky - easy child 2/difficult child 2 and BF2 sleep in our free-standing extension. It has a tin roof. The sound of rain on the roof is considered to be a lovely Aussie sound, but the sound of hail on the roof is deafening. BF2 is already in bed but no chance of sleeping. The hailstones weren't too big, about the size of marbles.

And the path will be dry within minutes.

At least the garden got a bit of water.

Fran, don't wear yourself out with the packing. The new house sounds like a real adventure. it's so hard to even consider moving, when you've had a difficult child crudding up your worldly goods. The things we find!

Marg