Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member

:good_morning:
Saturday is here! I have a long day ahead but at least it should be a somewhat slower pace. I'm off to work in a few minutes. After work I have to drive to a town about 1/2 hour away to meet husband and difficult child for a wrestling tournament. It's his first one this year and he is excited to get started! There's lots of time between matches so I plan on bringing a book along :reading:

After the tournament it's home to watch the Packer game :fan: or at least what is left of the game at that point. After the game my nephew and his girlfriend are coming over for movies and popcorn. It should be fun but I have a feeling unless I squeeze in a nap somewhere along the way I will fall asleep watching the movies.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day :hawaii_girl:

Marguerite

Sounds like you have a fun day planned, Sharon. I've never been to a wresting match. When I was a kid I used to put the wrestling on TV with the sound turned right down, then play classical music. I guess I was weird way back then, too.

A quiet Saturday today. I got some errands done this morning then took difficult child 3 & BF2 to the beach for a swim. Lovely! Of course, I went too early in the day and now have a warm glow. Can't see much red, it will be fine by morning, but I'm usually more careful.

There have been storms on the east coast yesterday and today, they missed us but they're expecting some tomorrow. No idea if they'll be big, small or arrive at all, but it could cool things down beach-wise for a few days.

At the beach today we met another autistic kid (other developmental delays too). He and difficult child 3 got friendly and difficult child 3 invited him for an afternoon visit. They got on OK, but not a lot in common. Still, it's good to have friends. At the beach the boys were comparing notes on their experiences with gluten-free diets. Turned out, this boy was visiting family - his cousin was in difficult child 3's class when he was in mainstream at the local school. She was one of the 'spies' who used to report to easy child (her dance teacher) about any problems at school that the teachers weren't telling us. No wonder she was so supportive of difficult child 3!

A lovely sight at the beach today - an middle aged/elderly couple, both regular beach goers, arrived each carrying a truck inner tube, inflated ready to go. They each stripped to swimsuit, sat down on their inner tube and paddled themselves through the surf to bob around in sheer delight in the waves. I wished I had a camera - there was something bountiful and joyous in the sight of the woman especially, hugging her inner tube and grinning in anticipation! They are neighbours of ours, they live a few houses away and go to our church. Their generosity for life extends to their service for others - wonderful people.

A happy day.

Enjoy yours.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:woohoo: the weekend is here :woohoo:

Good morninig Sharon and all to follow :good_morning:

Sounds like a fun day for you Sharon. I remember when easy child used to play basketball in middle school - there were Saturdays when we were at the court for hours and hours!! What move are you planning on watching tonight? Have fun :singer:

I worked really hard all day yesterday so that I wouldn't have any household chores to do today! So today easy child and I are going to do some "touching up" outside the house then we are going to enjoy the hot tub - difficult child is going to join us in that part :swimming: Then easy child is going to wash her hair and I'll straighten it for her with the flat iron since the boyfriend will be here at 2.

difficult child has a really small tech project for school which shouldn't take more than an hour.

Other than that, we have no obligations!! :hawaii_girl: I'm going to just see where life takes me.............

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning, :coffee:
Sharon- It sounds like a busy day! I hope the tournament goes well for difficult child and you get your nap. :sleeping:
Marg- I'm glad difficult child 3 has such a knack for making friends fairly easily. :woohoo:
LDM- Enjoy the hot tub! I have to admit I'm a little jealous! :swimming:
I have a few errands, a ton of laundry, and too much housework to do today. husband is even taking Duckie to dance so I can focus on it. :not_fair:
Have a great day! :grounch_day:

M

ML

Sharon, it sounds like a great day planned. At least the Packers are still in it.. our Broncos have not had a good season.

Marg - How neat. I love how you are able to beauty and joy in every day life. I am striving to do more of that.

Sharon - I'm the opposite, I am putting off working hard on chorse till tomorrow so that I can play today :smile:

TM - I hope you can make some time for R&R today.

I am taking difficult child and one of his girlfriends swimming at the rec center. I decided that it would be more fun than cleaning my house.

I wish all of you a wonderful weekend.