Good Saturday Morning!

tiredmommy

Happy Easter Saturday to those of you that celebrate! I have a polishing session at church for altar guild and Duckie has an Easter egg hunt. :easter_eggs:Otherwise, we are planning a quiet day. I'm making a roast chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy & brussel sprouts for dinner, I think husband is excited! Then, I have to make sure the way is clear for Peter Cottontail to come tonight.:bunny_ears:

Have a great day! :coffee:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning and happy Easter. I'm at mom's where the idea of the internet is in a galaxy far,far away.
We are celebrating Easter meal today since my brother has to work to protect the skies tomorrow.(air marshal) In laws are coming and brother. My mother has enough food to feed a battalion for at least one meal.
It's cold and snowy looking and I have to wear gloves. What's up with that?! It's March 22nd? I'll be glad to get back to more moderate temps, tomorrow night. It's been a productive trip home to mom's but as always it will be good to get back to my own house.

easy child is back in NYC after a week of spring break. A group are getting together for an easter meal. Sounds like a nice way to celebrate a holiday.
difficult child completed a whole 40 hrs of work and is still standing. He is visiting a friend and his family in NJ for the Easter weekend. He chose not to come to nonna's house because of work. LOL:rofl:

So no more easter bunnies at the Mrs. Fran house but it's time to enjoy everyone else's celebration with their little guys.

Have a peaceful weekend.

Marguerite

G'day TM and all to follow.

We've had a wonderful day with our friends. I am so tired! We started early and just meandered around the little country villages as we headed south in search of Aussie antiques. easy child came along too, we all had stimulating conversation and explored together.

We dropped easy child off with her car this afternoon and she headed back home while we took our friends home to stay. They're down at mother in law's as I type this, there's no room at the inn at Marg's Midget Mansions, with young adults bursting it at the seams.

Tomorrow it's church and then we head for the city with our friends, finally returning them to their hotel. They leave on Monday I believe. I hope we gave them a special time. Tonight we could see the stars, you can't see them in the city. There was still some high misty cloud, but it was clear enough to make out the Southern Cross, which you can't see in the Northern Hemisphere. We've also got Orion at the moment, you can have him back later in the year.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:bunny_ears:Good Morning TM and all to follow!

TM, have fun doing the polishing! I did my silver on Thursday and my house smelled awful for a couple hours! Dinner sounds yummy. Enjoy your day.

easy child and I will be leaving here for the gym in about 10 minutes. She will be going to spend the day with her boyfriend today. On the way home tonight, she is stopping to pick up a friend at college who is singing at our Easter service tomorrow.

Not sure what mom and I will get into today. Her leg was really bothing her last night before bed, so maybe we will just go for a drive. There's lots of things to go and see and the cherry and pear trees are in full bloom!

I'm actually making my own version of sweet and sour chicken tonight. Slice chicken, pineapple, onions, yellow peppers, raisins, and whole wheat rice. I was talking to mom on the phone on night when I had made it for dinner and she said it sounded really good.

I'm serving lamb for mom and me, chicken for easy child and difficult child, red potatoes with parsley, and green beans for Easter dinner. A long way from the days of ham, deviled eggs, corn pudding, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, candy yams, etc... Trying to stay on the healthy track this holiday!

Have a great Saturday :easter_eggs:.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-Sounds like you have a nice day planned. Enjoy!!

Fran-Enjoy your early Easter dinner at your mom's. It's good to hear difficult child is doing so well on his job!

Marg-It sounds like you gave your friends a lovely time. I'm sure it is a visit they will always cherish.

Sharon-Your sweet and sour chickens sounds both yummy and healthy! It sounds like Spring is in full bloom where you're at!

Not so here! Yesterday we had 7 1/2 inches of snow (that I know of-the actual totals may be higher as it was still snowing when I went to bed. Guess we not only had a white Christmas but will also have a white Easter:sheepish: Actually if nothing else it looks pretty.

Last night husband and I decided to order a pizza after midnight. Not healthy at all but something we used to do during lent a lot when we were younger. easy child woke up and joined us for some. It was nice.

Miracle of Miracles-difficult child is still sleeping-he never slept this late before he went in the hospital!

I need to get to the club today, take a nap, and plan what we're doing for Easter dinner-nothing like waiting for the last moment! No-one seems to want the traditional dinner. husband wanted grilled brats but with the snow there is no way I'll be grilling.

I hope everyone has a peaceful day and finds reasons to smile:peaceful:

SaraT

Good Morning All,

I hope everyone has a calm, wonderful Easter Holiday weekend.:bunny_ears:

Our day is going to be coloring eggs, and helping difficult child with her Easter cake she is baking and decorating for Grandma.

Tomorrow of course will be big dinner and egg hunt, so I might not be on, so I am doing my HAPPY EASTER today.

HAPPY EASTER.:easter_eggs:

KTMom91

Adding my good morning...though it's afternoon here now...Miss KT is busily making fudge for Easter gifts. She makes great fudge. Working on her second batch now. Hubby needs to go out and weed eat the front yard before we get another citation, but he's watching the Science Channel. I may start painting the bathroom...or not.