Good Saturday morning

Fran

Former desparate mom
Of course, the morning I can sleep in, it doesn't happen. It's another beautiful spring day although there is a threat of rain. My plants need it. Yesterday I drove with the top down. The sun was actually hot on my neck. It felt wonderful.
Two new things happened yesterday. I caught my pup going for a baby bird. I told her to "drop it" and she did. Whew. The bird survived but I was a little rattled. The bird was just learning to fly and couldn't make it to the trees quick enough.
Secondly, I sprayed deer and rabbit repellant on the chewed plants. The spray bottle leaked all over my hands. Yuck! It took me hours to get rid of that smell. I was afraid I would contaminate everything in the house that I touched. Guess I'll remember to wear gloves next time. PU!!!!!!!!!!

I think we will head to the farmer's market this AM since strawberries are in season. This afternoon we are planting tomatoes and small amount of veggies. It is so cool to be in a more moderate climate and to be able to do all of this. I really like living in NC. (except for the ticks that seem to love me.)

difficult child hasn't called. I hope that means that he is doing well. I'll check in today if I haven't heard from him.

Hope your Sat. doesn't have any meltdowns in it.
I'm going out to the patio with my coffee and enjoy my garden this morning.

LittleDudesMom

:bigsmile:Good Saturday Morning!!

Fran, how wonderful to have you start the morning thread! The weather is fab isn't it? The morning here is sunny and 62 already. There is supposed to be rain, but holding off until dark! I've already had my first cup of hmj while talking with easy child who is leaving for SATs in about a half hour. Think my second cup will be on my patio too! There is a product called (or perhaps by) Bonide that is supposed to be one of the best repellents for bunnys and deer. There is always crushed red pepper too. I used that on all my house plants with Spot was a pup! Enjoy your day.

I'll be hitting the gym with easy child around noon or so when she is finished her testing. This morning I am moving some furniture around!!! Been wanting to do it for a week now and am going to take the plunge!!

I have a group of teens and two preteens (difficult child and his buddy along with easy child and a group of her buds) for hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill tonight. Sounds like their plan is to eat and then enjoy the hot tub. It is Nascar weekend here with the main race tonight. We are not too far from the speedway and we'll have flyovers, the goodyear blimp, helis and prop planes flying around all night. They'll sit in the hottub and watch the light show in the sky!!!

Wishing everyone a great and relaxing Saturday :flower:.

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

Fran- How did you get rid of the smell finally? Yuck! The veggie garden sounds nice. We were thinking about starting one, but we'll need some serious fencing because of the number of bunnies in the neighborhood.

Sharon- I'd cross my fingers for easy child taking the SAT, but I know she's going to do well. The Nascar party sounds like a lot of fun!

We had fun last night. Duckie attended her first school dance. It was a family fun night with a disco theme. She wore the glittery body suit from her dance costume last year, skinny jeans, sandals and her hair teased to high heaven! She played really nice with her friends, too. husband and I, of course, stood on the side like wall flowers. But that's what most of the parents did.

husband and a friend are running out to get Dukie a "new" desk this morning from a seller on craiglsist. This is our first time trying it, I hope the piece doesn't require too much work. We get a desk, hutch, dresser and mirror for $90. The worst case scenario is that I'll need to sand and paint/stain and replace the knobs. Not too bad for the price.

I'll be taking Duckie to dance this morning, and she has a play date this afternoon. We'll be taking her and bff to dinner tonight.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Fran-I'm glad you are loving living in NC! The tick thing would really get to me too. Enjoy the Farmer's Market! We have a great one here in Madison-it's so much fun to go. I still haven't made it there yet this year (it opened about three weeks ago) and won't today as it is raining! by the way, cool that your pup dropped the bird. Mine has gotten more birds, voles, and bunnies than I care to remember!

Sharon-Sounds like a houseful of fun at your place tonight! I think it's neat that you and easy child go to the gym together! I like the crushed red pepper idea on the plants.

TM-The dance sounds like it was a good time! I can just picture Duckie in the outfit you described! I hope the desk works out and itsn't too much work.

I can't believe how late I slept in this morning. It's just easy child and me as easy child took me up on the offer to stay here this weekend and husband and difficult child left for Michigan last night. I wish the weather were going to be nicer, they are calling for rain for much of the day-which is better than snow! At some point today I will go to the health club and I'll do some cleaning around the house. I'm thinking of taking easy child out to dinner tonight.

Wishing everyone a Saturday filled with fun and smiles!:bigsmile:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning LDM, TM and Wiped out.

LDM, your house is a kid haven. Have fun with the crew.

TM, how fun to have a family fun night with disco dancing. I bet it was a blast with the little kids. easy child's school did a sock hop.

Wiped out, sounds like a nice day with easy child. I haven't read the post about her mini meltdown. I'll go and look. Hope she has a lightbulb moment when out with mom. Sorry you missed out but that's what mom's do don't they?

The smell of deer repellent is horridly offensive and lasts on plants a long time. I washed my hands several times and pour lemon juice on it. Then I did the dishes without gloves. There is a little wif once in a while but so far so good. I was afraid the dogs wouldn't eat from anything I touched. Yuck.

Wiped out, the trainer told us that they must learn "drop it" command because they can pick up items that are dangerous. They get it. Wish they
did the "come" command as well but they are highly stubborn.

Marguerite

G'day, everybody. It's early hours Sunday here, but that's because I got distracted, reading up on a new scientific discovery that easy child emailed me about.

Fran - DEER REPELLANT? What's in it? Can we have some? The most that people around our village have come up with, is hanging old CDs around their garden. It doesn't work.

Sharon/LDM, the barbecue tonight sounds challenging. I hope it goes well.

TM, Duckie's school dance sounds like it was fun. The desk sounds like a good deal, I hope it fits together easily.

Sharon/Wiped, sorry you're not getting to Michigan with your in-laws. Enjoy your time with easy child, I hope she realises how good you are to her.

I'm back to walking around the neighbourhood again - didn't walk as much today. difficult child 3 spent an hour on English worksheets and got a lot more done. Another hour tomorrow and I'll be able to sign off on it (thank goodness!).

Tomorrow is our local artists' open studio again, I'm looking forward to seeing how our friend's huge mural is going. It's due to be completed by the middle of June. Once it's been handed over to the government that commissioned it there should be some images online and I'll post a link.

Sunny here but cold. Definitely winter. And dry - tomorrow evening I can water the garden again. My seedlings are still doing well, thank goodness.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
YAWN....

I'm up, it's lunch time, my throat hurts....

Took difficult child II to the local carnival last night, where he procceeded to hit on every girl there, regardless of age. One girl kicked him in the shins, I can only guess what he said to her. He's 11 for crying out loud!

Now to keep him from heading over there today, I am wishing for rain how sad is that. difficult child I was there last night with his girlfriend and he and she ignored me like I did not exist, a hello from the girl would've been nice, but I will remember this next time they need a ride!

PS Now I want to go to the amish farmers market
PPSS I use critter ritter around the perimeter of the house it works for skunks not sure about deer
PPPSSS I love craiglist!!! I am looking of ran upright freezer

Welp I have to get moving and take Nanna (94) out for awhile, she gets bored sitting at the assisted living all week. Mom and Dad come back from Florida Monday, so I will be cleaning like a crazy woman tommorrow!

KTMom91

Good morning all!

I've been up maybe 15 minutes, and already a meltdown! Miss KT DOES NOT want to be dropped off, she HAS to drive herself, and on and on, but Hubby and I need the truck for grocery shopping since we plan to stock up, so, too bad for Miss KT. She's so mad she'd have slammed her bedroom door...if she had one! It's so hard to slam a curtain!

Wishing a meltdown-free day for everyone else!

TerryJ2

Fran, wonderful weekend! I'm just a few hrs from you so we are in the same weather pattern. I just got back from a walk. Ahhh!
So sorry about the deer repellent. Gosh. I LOVE that you're training your dog so well. Bravo!
Your NASCAR event sounds fun, Sharon.
TM, quite a milestone for Duckie to go to her first dance. :) Craiglist can be interesting and fun. I've just gotten into it in the past week but haven't had any luck yet, either buying or selling.
Sharon, going out to dinner with-easy child sounds great. I'd like to do that, if I could ever get my easy child to sit still.
Marg, I'd love to see pics of the mural when it's finished! Glad you're walking again. It's fun to imagine your "opposite" weather patterns.
Amazeofgrace, neat that you're picking up your Nana at assisted living. Everyone needs to get out. I know what you mean about wishing for rain to get out of an activity, LOL!

I slept until 11. Last night I had a sinus headache and migraine. The medications wore off around 12:40 and I realized easy child wasn't home yet with-my car. She's only had her license 2 days and already almost 2 hrs past curfew. I was angry but worried at the same time (you know how that goes). I used up the anger by emptying the dishwasher and reloading it, (her job, by the way) and she came in, saying she had fallen asleep on the couch at a friend's house. She was very sweet and apologetic but I reminded her she still had consequences. After she went to bed, I iced and waited for the Imitrex to kick in, and at 4 a.m. one of my dogs decided she was thirsty. I took her downstairs and she drank nearly a bowlful of water, let me pet her for a minute, then walked straight into the livingroom and peed on the carpet! I was SO mad! She's 11 and I'm getting concerned. She usually rings the bell on the doorknob to go out. So after scrubbing the carpet I finally got to bed sometime after 4. I left a note and no one bothered me this a.m., the only saving grace.