Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:
Happy Weekend!

Hard to believe it's Saturday already. In the summer the weeks go by way too fast! We are in for another day with highs in the 70s. It's beautiful just not the pool weather I would like.

Not much on our agenda today. I go to work in a few minutes and I'm not looking at all forward to my weigh in this week (it's been a month since I've weighed in.

At some point husband and I will hit the health club and take naps. difficult child is looking forward to playing some Wii today after not having any the previous two days. I have to say it is rather addicting. I love the bowling, baseball, and tennis.

Wishing everyone a fun-filled Saturday.:icecream:

LittleDudesMom

:bigsmile:Good Morning Sharon and all to follow!

Sharon, good luck this morning! You have been going to the health club 5-6 times a week this summer - it will even itself out. Glad difficult child is settled. Enjoy your nap!!!!!!

I've a nap on my schedule as well. Thur night the kids and I stayed up waaaayyy too late - I found a tape of my sister's wedding back in the 80's while cleaning out some shelves. The kids and I popped it in and had the best time laughing at the styles and watching the tipsie guests! It was nice to see my daddy (who passed away five years ago today) and siblings!

Naturally last night I stayed up to watch the whole opening ceremony - how fabulous!!!

I'm hitting the gym for class this morning, which easy child is teaching. She is working until 4 and has her very first lunch break. She's never had a lunch break before! So I'm going to run home after class and fix some lunch. It's a gorgeous day her today - 80's, low humidity - so we'll use the outside picnic tables at the club and have lunch together. She's only got 1/2 hour.

After that, I'm hitting the bed for a nice nap!

Hoping your Saturday includes some rest and relaxation as well :peaceful:

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I'd rather you weigh in than I weigh in. :winks:

LDM- Make sure easy child knows o bring her lunch every day; it saves a lot of time and money! Glad you enjoyed the wedding tape. :grins:

husband and I are taking Duckie to a local library book sale this morning then I head out to a nearby festival to work the church's sausage stand. It's a lot of work but always fun!

Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, I hope your weigh-in goes well. I'm glad you're enjoying the Wii. I need to get back on ours, I haven't done it for a week now. But my bathroom scales tell me I've lost weight again, after seeming stuck for the last 6 weeks.

Sharon/LDM, we've been going over old wedding photos. We didn't have a video, they were still too new. My dad made an audio tape and we have lots of slides. That's all.

TM, library sales are great, you can find some cheap treasures there.

I'm jealous of all of you with warm weather. It's still very cold here. girlfriend was here today and stayed for dinner, but has been wrapped in difficult child 1's doona and sitting next to the heater and STILL feeling cold. I've been wearing lots of layers too, to try to beat the cold. girlfriend just went home to her flat - she feels it's too cold for her to sleep here at the moment. She'll be back here tomorrow after church to talk weddings again.
But spring is getting close - I can smell the early flowers in the evening.

husband & I watched the Opening Ceremony last night. Or rather, husband watched it all, I watched some of it early on, then all of it to the end. By then it was after midnight so we crawled into bed (where it's warm at the moment - everywhere else is not) and watched it until it finished, 2 am our time. We loved the way they lit the cauldron!

I had a big day at the mall today. My doctor had ordered X-rays of my neck and back to try to find out why I'm getting tingling in my hands. The mall is right next door, so I did my shopping with mother in law after the X-rays, to get the job over and done with. We also dropped in on easy child 2/difficult child 2 at her new flat. She and BF2 are coming over for a visit tomorrow (the first one since they moved out) and I'm hoping they take more of their stuff away with them when they go.

We got home mid-afternoon to be told that the new budgie has been scolding everyone from his cage for not letting him out! difficult child 1 and husband were reluctant to undo any good training we were working on. So difficult child 3 & I took turns spending time and attention on the bird to let him know he was not being neglected. We got him on Monday and he's very tame already, learning fast. He's learnt the sound of difficult child 3's voice and begins chirping loudly when he hears him. A fast learner!

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

Andy

:bbq:

GOOD MORNING TO ALL!
Wiped Out - Have a GREAT DAY! Hopefully weigh in will be a pleasent surprise. Have you seen what happens if you throw the Wii ball backwards? All the Miis jump! Very cute.

Little Dude's Mom - What a nice time spending with memories. Hard to believe the 80's were so long ago. I for one would love to go back there. Enjoy today!

Tired Mommy - Church food stand sounds like a lot of fun! Volunteers are so important and it is a good time to get to know fellow congregation members better.

Marg - Don't worry, very soon (much faster for us I am sure) we will be writing about how cold it is and you will be basking in beautiful weather. The budgie reminds me of difficult child and my trip to a small local zoo. There is a whitenapped crane named Stanley who was pecking at the viewing window. When difficult child put his finger or nose to the window, Stanley would try to peck it. We found a card in the gift shop with info on Stanley for difficult child to learn more about him. I hope you can find out why the tingling.

I am going to verify no rain in the forcast so that I can hang out laundry today.

difficult child wants a baseball pal to come play so I will try to get hold of the mom. Maybe I will take the boys to a nearby Back to the Pairie event.

I have ordered a DVD of difficult child's winning championship game that will be aired on the local station. We thought it would be shown yesterday when we were gone but were told it may be today. I don't see it on today's schedule. Anyway, it will be fun to have the DVD to take to grandparents and aunts and uncles and just have as a memory.

The zoo was fun even in the gentle rain. There are 7 wolf cubs. A contest is being held to vote on names through donations. difficult child's name is one of the names to vote on so we throw in a few dollars whenever we go. His name is in the lead so far.

We then received a phone call from H's mom. difficult child forgot to tell me about a sleep over. When we arrived home, difficult child went over to H's home. Lots of good play including flashlight tag. About 10:30, I received a call that H didn't feel well so difficult child came home. It is 9:00 am and difficult child is still sleeping. He has had such a big summer and is facing a large list of fun these next few weeks before school starts.

Have a GREAT DAY to ALL! Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.